Author Topic: Kono 84  (Read 1452 times)

Offline bkrownd

Kono 84
« on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 18:53:34 »

I got a couple Kono 84 for spares, switch testing, experimentation and keycap display.  I could do without the wireless and RGB, but they come in my favorite layout/format and the price is nice.  They are pretty basic, with crisp simple lines and choice of basic black and white.  I had to flatten the slightly-upturned corner of the plate on one of mine, but it bent into place easily with careful pressure.  I haven't tried opening them up at all.  Switches seem pretty secure.  Stabilizers sound like they'll be rattly - are there simple options for impoving the stabs?

Offline powwu

• Discord
Re: Kono 84
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 19:15:21 »
I've heard good things about the tailor's mod, simple, just time consuming. There's also the holee and plumbers mods. Other than that, your usual lubing, and clipping.  I don't recommend bandaid modding, as it can make your bottom out mushy.

Offline Leopard223

Re: Kono 84
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 06:51:43 »
I've heard good things about the tailor's mod, simple, just time consuming. There's also the holee and plumbers mods. Other than that, your usual lubing, and clipping.  I don't recommend bandaid modding, as it can make your bottom out mushy.
Something people forget to consider is stem wobble, a switch with great stem wobble will have significantly less chance of rattling. 
My NK65EE’s plate mount stabs with U4T feel non existent, a Durock linear sample I got have phenomenal stem stability and really reduced non-properly modded PCB mount stabs on a board I have.