Author Topic: [IC] GMK Peach Blossom R2 • GB starts May 1st  (Read 23517 times)

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
[IC] GMK Peach Blossom R2 • GB starts May 1st
« on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 12:11:03 »

GROUP BUY THREAD

Thank you to everyone who messaged and commented over the past year expressing interest in another round of this keyset.
R2 is back with the same pink color but updated kits. If you're interested, please fill out the IC form to let me know what you think:

IC Form

GB DATES

May 1st, 2022 –  June 1st, 2022

Estimated fulfillment Q3 2023

VENDORS

Region          Vendor                   
USCannon Keys
CAApexKeyboards
UKPrototypist
EUMykeyboard.eu
CNzFrontier
AUSwitchKeys

PRICING

Kit                 MOQ        Price
Base Kit500$129.00 / C$ / €145 / £ / A$195 / 元
Hangul150$42.00 / C$ / €43 / £ / A$60 / 元
Spacebars150$28.00 / C$ / €31 / £ / A$40 / 元

COLORS

Pantone 1767C / WS1

KITS

Renders by pikku-allu

Base

Hangul

Spacebars

PHOTOS

Photos of R1 instead of renders for better color representation
All shot by @ninjapirate9901

COLLABORATIONS

HIBI X PEACH BLOSSOM R2
Silver PVD brass with matching enamel infill. Production cap inner edge will be slightly more rounded compared to these renders.

$59.00 / C$ / € / £ / A$85 / 元

More

Asero Foundry X PEACH BLOSSOM R2
White powder coated aluminum with matching enamel infill.

$49.00 / C$ / € / £ / A$75 / 元

LINKS

Cannon Keys Discord

My Instagram

TY

Big thanks to pikku-allu for the kit renders, ninjapirate9901 for the photos and Stef of SwitchKeys for the advice!

« Last Edit: Mon, 02 May 2022, 10:42:50 by kema »

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
Re: [IC] GMK Peach Blossom R2
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 12:13:21 »
YES YES YES

I loved this set so much! I got it aftermarket and will def get the 40s, and hiragana this run

Maybe make novelties for this round
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 12:21:07 »
extremely far from satisfied with these kits. even though it may have worked in the past, gmk is raising prices and buyers don't want gmk as much. i suggest revising them with value in mind

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 12:22:01 »
In. Love the 1.5 supers in base. Just missing stepped Ctrl somewhere :p

Offline theJJRguy

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 12:27:22 »
gmk wop seem kinda nice ngl

Offline OJtheTiny

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 12:28:28 »
kits need a lot of work, missing 1.5u enter from the extension kit for example

Offline KuroTheCrazy

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 12:30:36 »
Can you add a 1.5u enter to the 40s kit so that the 1.75u backspace isn't literally useless?

Offline ArashiNishi

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 12:42:02 »
I would love some novelties on this set

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 12:46:46 »
Some kitting feedback:

* R1 End and PgDn should be in numpad kit instead of base, as they're only used in 1800-style layouts
* not a whole lot of value in R4 1.25u caps lock
* I would suggest forcing accents in the 40s kit to minimize the kit size
* I'd either move 2u shift to base or remove it from the set altogether. it's not a key used in 40s boards and nobody is going to buy the 40s kit + base just to kit out their GK64
* 1.25u and 1.5u enter keys should be in 40s
* R4 1.75u lock key in 40s would be great
* either add a second 1.75u spacebar to the spacebar kit or remove the one in there, not really a use for a single 1.75u spacebar

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 12:56:09 »
I would like to express my interest in Future Funk R2

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 13:17:42 »
please have Numpad in base kit.

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 13:51:13 »
some novelties with peach blossoms would be nice

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 14:05:54 »
Some kitting feedback:

* R1 End and PgDn should be in numpad kit instead of base, as they're only used in 1800-style layouts
* not a whole lot of value in R4 1.25u caps lock
* I would suggest forcing accents in the 40s kit to minimize the kit size
* I'd either move 2u shift to base or remove it from the set altogether. it's not a key used in 40s boards and nobody is going to buy the 40s kit + base just to kit out their GK64
* 1.25u and 1.5u enter keys should be in 40s
* R4 1.75u lock key in 40s would be great
* either add a second 1.75u spacebar to the spacebar kit or remove the one in there, not really a use for a single 1.75u spacebar

Appreciate this! Made some of these changes to the renders. Do you know which layouts use two 1.75u spacebars? I included the one because some split spacebar layouts allow for 2.75u -> 1.75u and 1u

I would love some novelties on this set
some novelties with peach blossoms would be nice

Unfortunately I don't plan on having novelties for PB, just want to keep it simple 😔🙏

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 14:48:23 »
Would really want to see base merged with numpad in a single base kit.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 14:50:23 »
Would really want to see base merged with numpad in a single base kit.

seconded

also please put spacebars and second b into the spacebars kit or just don't have a spacebars kit. a little redundant
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline shima

• keeb weeb
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 14:56:33 »
GIVE IT TO ME  >:D GIVE IT TO ME  >:D GIVE IT TO ME  >:D GIVE IT TO ME  >:D GIVE IT TO ME  >:D GIVE IT TO ME  >:D GIVE IT TO ME  >:D GIVE IT TO ME  >:D GIVE IT TO ME  >:D GIVE IT TO ME  >:D
boards: anura

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 15:09:35 »

Appreciate this! Made some of these changes to the renders. Do you know which layouts use two 1.75u spacebars? I included the one because some split spacebar layouts allow for 2.75u -> 1.75u and 1u

Mostly the Phoenix45 board https://mechvault.net/products/phoenix-keyboard-kit

in that case you could leave one in base and put one in 40s, but it's not the highest priority
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 January 2022, 17:40:11 by dededecline »

Offline denibhoxha

• cock and balls technology
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 16:15:27 »
Going for a big base kit with the numpad and the ISO support would be better imo and maybe moving the split bars and the extra B on the spacebar kit.

Also hangul very based if it were to happen.

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 18:55:04 »
Thanks for the quick initial feedback here and in the form, big changes look to be Base kit absorbing numpad + basic ISO, Spacebar kit absorbing split bars + B. Hangul alphas look to be pretty popular too 👀

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 19:24:42 »
Thanks for the quick initial feedback here and in the form, big changes look to be Base kit absorbing numpad + basic ISO, Spacebar kit absorbing split bars + B. Hangul alphas look to be pretty popular too 👀

gb numbers are low lately so it's probably wise to just pick one legend set and offer it in the base kit, or at least adding another one won't look nice on a dvorcol graph. notably, gmk taiga just purged a latin base kit

otherwise i like these changes
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 January 2022, 22:02:24 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
    • https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 19:58:41 »
Prefer the base kit to have Hiragana or better, have a second Hiragana base kit. Personally, I think Hiragana matches the theme here and I always feel like just alpha kits are waste of plastic and money, since the alphas that I don't use just end up sitting in a box.

Offline augustfay

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 19:59:10 »
YES PLEASE! So exited. This has been my endgame set, so much interest.

Offline The_Runz

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 20:04:30 »
Def in, bn hoping for a R2

Offline kimhoon9

[IC] GMK Peach Blossom R2
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 04:56:47 »
Happy to see my favorite GMK pink set of all time getting an R2. Since I already have the R1, I have registered my interest for the Hiragana and Hangul kits. From a consumer standpoint may I suggest that numpad to be in base? I feel like this would be a favored configuration among people. GLWICGB!

Edit: realised that you’ve already proceeded to include Alice bars and extra B. In regards to alpha kits, I am in favor of Hangul over Hiragana if only one were to be picked.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 January 2022, 05:02:36 by kimhoon9 »

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 05:10:42 »
big changes look to be Base kit absorbing numpad + basic ISO

Both are very welcome changes! GLWIC.

Offline gotgoodiez

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 10:11:37 »
Nice to see you are going to merge the base kit and numpad together, think it will work out better overall

Offline SafeAtShore

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 12:36:55 »
Full 65% support would be appreciated (R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn).
Compact kit could use 1.5u and 1.75u shifts.
Alt alphas could have a tab key.
+1 for adding 2u shift back in.
Not sure why there are two 1u Ctrls in base.

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 12:39:58 »
Iso and numpad should be in base although UK keys is something that could be cut away for sure so there is just terminal ISO. Even then at least add ISO.

Offline neilli

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 19:47:27 »
Must buy! And future funk when?

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 04 February 2022, 20:40:18 »
Here are the proposed kit changes laid out in KLE. Ignore the lack of icons, legends will be proper in the render updates ✌️

Notes:
– Big Base kit with numpad and physical ISO
– Hangul add-on
– Compact kit (–) removed accents, 1.25u and 2u Shifts  (+) added R3 1u Super, 1.25u Enter, 1.5u Enter
– Base split bars consolidated into Spacebars kit

More
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 February 2022, 13:20:55 by kema »

Offline Surostu

• switchkeys.au x keyboardfinder.com
    • keyboardfinder
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 05 February 2022, 04:04:50 »
Here are the proposed kit changes laid out in KLE. Ignore the lack of icons, legends will be proper in the render updates ✌️

Notes:
– Hangul add-on
– Compact kit (–) removed accents, 1.25u and 2u Shifts  (+) added R3 1u Super, 1.25u Enter, 1.5u Enter

I prefer the original kitting with the small base, though I agreed with feedback about redundant bars kit and needing iso in base. Keen as to get my hands on these!!
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 February 2022, 04:08:55 by Surostu »

Offline denibhoxha

• cock and balls technology
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 05 February 2022, 04:47:03 »

Notes:
– Hangul add-on

Show Image

Very fresh updates

Offline kidpid

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 05 February 2022, 21:11:39 »
Are you/your vendors confident in the performance of a 40s child kit? From what I recall NovelKeys had 40s kit extras from R1 sitting around for quite a while, and 40s child kits haven't been doing all that well these days. Have you considered doing the 3 key physical support approach?

I got Base + 40s in R1 so I'm only interested in the alternate alphas, but it would be a shame if the 40s kit didn't make it for those that need it.

Offline NixieTea

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 00:51:14 »

Notes:
– Hangul add-on

Show Image

I was actually quite excited about alice SBs in base, but I like the addition of Hangul so...

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 05:19:55 »

Notes:
– Hangul add-on

Show Image

Nice update. Here are some kitting suggestions for your consideration:

Base
  • I suggest adding R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn. These are a common layout option for 65% boards, which are among the most popular in the community.
    You may optionally add these keys as R3 Prev, R4 Next (example), so that the legends are generic and can be used for covering some other layouts as well (see below).

• Consider dropping 00 as it is a seldom used key (mostly only used on standalone numpads).

Hangul alphas
  • The second Tab in this kit isn't necessary because you aren't offering a full alphas kit (you're missing the numrow and punctuation keys). Therefore, it should be removed.

• You may drop R4 \|₩ since this key isn't part of the Korean layout (only the R3 one is), and there is already a R4 <> key present in the base kit.
    Similar logic could be applied to the R4 \|む key in the hiragana kit, however that one is a bit more debatable.

Compact & Spacebars
  • Nowadays the 1.75u spacebar size is only used by a very limited number of staggered 40s boards. As such, there is no point in including it in a spacebars kit. It should either be moved to the compact kit or dropped entirely.
    Moreover, the boards that do use 1.75u space usually use two of them. Therefore, if you do decide to keep this size (whilst moving it to the compact kit), you should add another copy. But again, these keys are quite uncommon all things considered.

• The R3 1u Super (which represents a generic key) should be changed to Code because the Super legend is already used for OS keys.

• Changing the R4 1u Enter legend to Send would allow you to drop the second 1u Shift as the Send legend covers for both of those keys.
    However, if you add R4 Next to the base kit as per my first suggestion, you'll be able to drop these keys altogether (keeping just one copy of 1u Shift).

• Consider merging the R3 1.25u Tab and Enter keys into a single R3 1.25u Commit or Test key (molds exist for both).
    You could similarly drop the R3 1u Tab due to the aforementioned R3 1u generic key being able to cover for it. You may or may not want to do this.

Edit: I had been looking at the old kit renders for some of these by mistake. I've now updated the suggestions to reflect the latest proposed kits from the quoted post.
Edit 2: formatting
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 February 2022, 05:51:19 by konstantin »

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 13:23:32 »
Thanks so much konstantin for those suggestions, I've reflected most of them in the latest proposed kits!
I really like the idea of the generic Prev/Next as I'd probably use those as media ⏪ and ⏩, also added R1 \|₩ in Hangul for split BS users 🙏

More

Update 2/16: renders have been updated
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 February 2022, 18:56:41 by kema »

Offline Automata-killa

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 01:03:28 »
Not entirely sold on the base kit, would personally prefer no numpad/iso support and added alice support (2.25u/2.75u and extra B key) considering it would reduce the base kit cost.

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 27 February 2022, 16:25:31 »
Hey all, spoke with Cannon Keys and their advice was to add 3-key 40s to Base since the interest check numbers on the Compact kit weren't too hot. We'll also be going with just Hangul Alphas, cutting Hiragana to keep things simple and to more easily hit MOQ, esp with GMK sets not performing as well lately.

Offline autocast

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 00:18:28 »
Shopping for a new colorful set... so it's easy to pick this lovely pink set over other options when 1.5u Super is in base. Thank you!

Offline .jan

• keebsta
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 01:19:33 »
That is very pink. In.

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 04:51:59 »
Hey all, spoke with Cannon Keys and their advice was to add 3-key 40s to Base since the interest check numbers on the Compact kit weren't too hot. We'll also be going with just Hangul Alphas, cutting Hiragana to keep things simple and to more easily hit MOQ, esp with GMK sets not performing as well lately.

Is it possible for a south East Asian vendor? Eg ILumkb, monokei

Offline Kirio

• Formerly skinnykaik
    • Fancy Customs
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 06:26:02 »
Would you be interested on having a SA vendor? Like Fancy Customs :D
Fancy Customs

Offline azack

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 14:50:31 »
+1 for a SEA vendor

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 15:49:32 »
There aren't plans for a dedicated SEA or SA vendor at the moment, as over 96% of respondent regions were covered by the current lineup in the IC form. I'm not so sure PB R2 will be popular enough to warrant having a ton of vendors 😅

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 17:53:03 »
R5 I beg you
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline amorino

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 01 March 2022, 13:38:41 »
R5 would be more than awesome.

Offline GAM

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 05 March 2022, 21:13:20 »
I would love to be able to buy hiragana. copium

Offline LaserCrafter

• reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 05 March 2022, 21:41:30 »
Not entirely sold on the base kit, would personally prefer no numpad/iso support and added alice support (2.25u/2.75u and extra B key) considering it would reduce the base kit cost.

that's kinda toxic lowkey
Keyboard Collection: Unikorn, Orion v2.5, Orion v3, Realforce 87u, Viper v3, NMB RT8756CGR, Unicorn x Legend, Das II, TC-V3, Jetfire, Wang 325-3770, Lightpad v2

Keyset Collection: OG Doubleshots, CRP 2551 R4, Muted 2, Cyan R1, WoB, DCS Wyse, ISO OG POM, ePBT Blanks, BSP Blanks, BoW + Gigachild

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 04 April 2022, 11:13:48 »
Getting quotes rn, should have a GB date announcement soon 🙏

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
Re: [IC] GMK Peach Blossom R2 • GB starts May 1st
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 11 April 2022, 10:33:09 »
Hey all, group buy will run from May 1st – June 1st, so very soon 😲