Author Topic: healthcare benefits starting to kick in  (Read 62838 times)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
healthcare benefits starting to kick in
« Reply #350 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 17:50:12 »
Well, you got to admit I had a point there.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #351 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 18:01:56 »
Hey! Now you owe me 40 bucks you jerk!
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #352 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 18:05:14 »
Hey! You owe me 0.000013 cents you jerk!

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #353 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 18:18:58 »
Quote from: kishy;227847
Since I watch US TV 95% of the time

You are exactly the demographic I'm concerned about!

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #354 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 20:35:36 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;227853
You are exactly the demographic I'm concerned about!

Because we know all [strike]cheapskate[/strike] frugal Canadian keyboard-collecting watchers of US television—who aren't in the army or the marines—certainly all sit on their asses instead of work for a living, and are coming to the states to get free Obama-care.

Disjointed argument is disjointed.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 September 2010, 20:45:13 by ricercar »
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #355 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 20:47:32 »
Quote from: ricercar
Because we know all cheapskate Canadian keyboard-collecting watchers of US television—who aren't in the army or the marines—certainly all sit on their asses instead of work for a living, and are coming to the states to get free Obama-care.

Disjointed argument is disjointed.

And that post was meant seriously.

Sarcasm. At least Kishy gets it :\
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 September 2010, 20:58:05 by keyboardlover »

« Reply #356 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 21:15:06 »
Quote from: ripster;227399
Shawn, just remember numbers are like women.  If they are under 13 it's best to do them in your head.

Hahahaha. Thanks for that.

Quote from: Shawn Stanford;227815
[long argument about emergency care snipped]
So, you can see that you're already paying for healthcare for the indigent.

You're forgetting that because KL has the right moral values, he won't ever need emergency care, or if he did, it would be his own damn fault. In other words: we don't need hospitals. Even if they are profitable.
Current collection: HHKB Pro 2 black on black, HHKB Pro 2 white/grey blank, [strike]Dell AT101W[/strike] (sold to SirClickAlot), 1992 Model M, Key Tronic Ergoforce KT 2001, BTC 5100 C. Dead boards: MS Natural Elite, MS Natural 4000.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #357 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 21:17:26 »
Quote from: Superfluous Parentheses

You're forgetting that because KL has the right moral values, he won't ever need emergency care, or if he did, it would be his own damn fault. In other words: we don't need hospitals. Even if they are profitable.

20 posts later, we still have someone who has absolutely no clue regarding my position in the matter. Intelligence for the win!

« Reply #358 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 21:19:14 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;227897
20 posts later, we still have someone who has absolutely no clue regarding my position in the matter. Intelligence for the win!

I would like to know your position, but the last 20 pages have been you posting pictures of Obama. So don't blame me for that.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot about your admission of trolling.
Current collection: HHKB Pro 2 black on black, HHKB Pro 2 white/grey blank, [strike]Dell AT101W[/strike] (sold to SirClickAlot), 1992 Model M, Key Tronic Ergoforce KT 2001, BTC 5100 C. Dead boards: MS Natural Elite, MS Natural 4000.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #359 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 21:21:25 »
I would like to know your position, but the last 20 pages have been you posting pictures of Obama. So don't blame me for that.

Yea, my position was made before that...and I guess kind of clarified a bit after that (after more questioning). It's a long thread, but you should read it before posting about something already covered.

Plus, the Obama pics are hella lulz so if anything, it's worth re-readiing just for them ;)

« Reply #360 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 21:26:18 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;227899
Yea, my position was made before that...and I guess kind of clarified a bit after that (after more questioning). It's a long thread, but you should read it before posting about something already covered.

I have read all of it. For my sins, probably. You still haven't made any clear argument. Your premises are logical but IMHO anti-social, and your conclusions are non-existent and your final claims mostly involve discarding the more obvious problems with your premises without any ground. This is not how one makes a convincing or even understandable argument.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #361 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 21:28:49 »
I have read all of it. For my sins, probably. You still haven't made any clear argument. Your premises are logical but IMHO anti-social, and your conclusions are non-existent and your final claims mostly involve discarding the more obvious problems with your premises without any ground. This is not how one makes a convincing or even understandable argument.

You're really tempting me to post another Obama pic at this point... (sorry Welly)

Other people already got my point; if you'd like to clarify something already covered than ask me via PM.

« Reply #362 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 21:32:41 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;227905
You're really tempting me to post another Obama pic at this point... (sorry Welly)

Whatever.
Other people already got my point

No they don't. Or "In your head!"
if you'd like to clarify something already covered than ask me via PM.

I'll ask you to answer here, in public: what should be done about the people who don't have enough money and yet need medical attention, and how does that square up with your principles?

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #363 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 21:36:18 »

I'll ask you to answer here, in public: what should be done about the people who don't have enough money and yet need medical attention, and how does that square up with your principles?

For the 987070973th time, low-income folks are ALREADY covered under Medicaid which I ALREADY pay taxes for! It's a crappy system, yes, but I think it should be improved. That said, much of the money is still unfortunately wasted for non-medical reasons!

These are all things I've already said...hence why I asked you to re-read the thread.

« Reply #364 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 21:37:18 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;227907
For the 987070973th time, low-income folks are ALREADY covered under Medicaid which I ALREADY pay taxes for! It's a crappy system, yes, but I think it should be improved. That said, much of the money is still unfortunately wasted for non-medical reasons!

These are all things I've already said...hence why I asked you to re-read the thread.

And you've conveniently ignored the second EDIT: actually both parts of the question. Please continue.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #365 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 21:40:28 »
Quote from: Superfluous Parentheses;227908
And you've conveniently ignored the second EDIT: actually both parts of the question. Please continue.

Your post has trollish characteristics. Please either re-read the thread or PM me. Case closed.

« Reply #366 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 21:41:49 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;227909
Your post has trollish characteristics. Please either re-read the thread or PM me. Case closed.

You're one to talk. All I really want to know is how you can get from your principles to "medicare [etc] should be improved [and how and to what]". You're doing exactly what I said above: claiming vague conclusions that don't appear to make any sense in your stated world view.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #367 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 21:46:47 »
You're one to talk. All I really want to know is how you can get from your principles to "medicare [etc] should be improved [and how and to what]". You're doing exactly what I said above: claiming vague conclusions that don't appear to make any sense in your stated world view.

You're correct that I didn't really make a final conclusion...all I did was list reasons why I oppose universal healthcare in this country (and I only listed some of them - imagine how long this thread could have been!)

I don't need to make a final conclusion, or talk about all the things that can be improved in Medicare (though I already mentioned some) - this isn't a freaking term paper. I made points and backed them up. If you'd like to know more, PM me.

Or buy my book. Coming 2012 on hardback ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 September 2010, 21:50:10 by keyboardlover »

« Reply #368 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 21:49:50 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;227912
You're correct that I didn't really make a final conclusion...all I did was list reasons why I oppose universal healthcare in this country (and I only listed some of them - imagine how long this thread could have been!)

I don't need to make a final conclusion - this isn't a freaking term paper. I made points and backed them up. If you'd like to know more, PM me.

Or buy my book. Coming 2012 on hardback ;)

Oh very well. I'll just conclude you've actually not thought about this at all.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #369 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 21:50:52 »
Oh very well. I'll just conclude you've actually not thought about this at all.

Cool, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #370 on: Wed, 29 September 2010, 00:46:22 »
Folks, honestly, this thread was dead after 5 pages. The only reason we're at page 27 right now is because of KL's incessent (and utterly incomprehensible) trolling.  I'm amazed to see so many people try to reason with him when he's so obviously not interested in reason.  

KL, man, you're the new MW!  More power to ya.

For now I'm taking the unprecedented step of closing my own thread. Why? Because if KL posts another obama pic in here, I'll have to have butt sex with him for 5 years and then strangle him. And while I might enjoy that (and hell, maybe he will too), I'd hate to put my GH friends through that again.

So as for the rest of you, may I offer you one of many other impossible threads here at geekhack this evening? There is the palestine-israel thread for your arguing pleasure, always a good candidate. There is the alternate energy thread of course, something about rare earth minerals posted there recently, might want to check it out. There is our classic Religion thread (50+ pages!) that I understand has been resurrected recently.  And I understand the Islam thread hasnt been touched for 4 whole days, might want to make a contribution there.

I'd like to suggest these further topics, for any enterprising arguers to open in a new thread:
--female circumcision: beloved tradition or male oppression?
--Hitler: misunderstood artist or single-testicled sociopath?
--Kashmir: pakistan occupied cesspool or Indian occupied cesspool?
--Tibet: cultural genocide or actual genocide?

...and many more. We've got impossible topics galore and for each one there will be a KL standing by to take youse all on.

Or why not just head on over to kishy's song of the week thread and enjoy some music? Perhaps discuss kurt cobain suicide theories?  

I hear Jessica Alba's boobs are the main topic in the Facebook Movie thread. Fascinating!

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3