Author Topic: A lighter topic: Nirvana  (Read 2383 times)

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
A lighter topic: Nirvana
« on: Sun, 26 September 2010, 19:03:57 »
I think they're a kick ass band. What do y'all think about Nirvana?

Offline didjamatic

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 26 September 2010, 19:16:26 »
Glad I saw them live when I had the chance.  It was their last tour and many shows weren't sold out, grunge was on a decline and their popularity was waning until the Nirvana explosion after he shot himself.

I hope one day we learn the truth about his death.  No matter what you believe, there is way more to the story than the public knows.  My suspicions are that Courtney did it, had someone do it or pushed him to do it.  But only she knows.
IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 26 September 2010, 19:18:45 »
Quote from: didjamatic;227112
Glad I saw them live when I had the chance.  It was their last tour and many shows weren't sold out, grunge was on a decline and their popularity was waning until the Nirvana explosion after he shot himself.

I hope one day we learn the truth about his death.  No matter what you believe, there is way more to the story than the public knows.  My suspicions are that Courtney did it, had someone do it or pushed him to do it.  But only she knows.

Omg I can't believe you saw them live...there are so many great, intense videos on youtube. I agree that there might to be something fishy there too - I seem to recall the amount of heroin in him when he died was something like 10x his normal dose.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 September 2010, 19:35:48 »
Quote from: didjamatic;227112

Quote from: keyboardlover;227113
Omg I can't believe you saw them live...there are so many great, intense videos on youtube. I agree that there might to be something fishy there too - I seem to recall the amount of heroin in him when he died was something like 10x his normal dose.

I don't know what happened to Kurt Cobain but he was apparently using enough heroin to kill an elephant and seemingly was in denial about it.  Now heroin won't necessarily kill you, Keith Richards is living proof of that.  But the chances go way up if you're in denial about having a problem.  Richards said "HP Sauce is harder to kick than heroin".  I'm sure this was tongue in cheek and it's plenty hard to kick.  Guess my point is you have to recognize it's a problem and want to first.  I have no first hand experience with this but learned after the fact that two people I've known did use it amongst other drugs.  I couldn't tell in either case.  The first one I don't know what happened to him.  The second never thought she had a problem and died as a result of her drug abuse.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 26 September 2010, 19:41:07 »
Nirvana stinks. Get some country music instead.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 26 September 2010, 19:42:59 »
Quote from: TexasFlood;227117
I don't know what happened to Kurt Cobain but he was apparently using enough heroin to kill an elephant and seemingly was in denial about it.  Now heroin won't necessarily kill you, Keith Richards is living proof of that.  But the chances go way up if you're in denial about having a problem.  Richards said "HP Sauce is harder to kick than heroin".  I'm sure this was tongue in cheek and it's plenty hard to kick.  Guess my point is you have to recognize it's a problem and want to first.  I have no first hand experience with this but learned after the fact that two people I've known did use it amongst other drugs.  I couldn't tell in either case.  The first one I don't know what happened to him.  The second never thought she had a problem and died as a result of her drug abuse.

I agree, he definitely had a bad drug problem. After all, didn't he scale like a 10 ft fence to break out of a rehab facility at one point? He's nodded off in interviews too...amazing how 'on' he was in the live shows. From what I've heard, heroin is usually only deadly when mixed with other drugs or in extreme doses.

Offline didjamatic

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 26 September 2010, 21:53:32 »
Just a reminder, though drugs may have been involved (and usually were) he died from a shotgun blast to the head, not heroin.  Whether the gunshot was self-inflicted has been debated ever since.  You could spend weeks reading the conspiracy theories online, nearly all of which point at Courtney Love Cobain.
IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 26 September 2010, 22:09:42 »
Quote from: didjamatic;227138
Just a reminder, though drugs may have been involved (and usually were) he died from a shotgun blast to the head, not heroin.  Whether the gunshot was self-inflicted has been debated ever since.  You could spend weeks reading the conspiracy theories online, nearly all of which point at Courtney Love Cobain.
I just meant that in Kurt Cobain's case it was probably a substantial contributing factor no matter what happened.  Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones and Jim Morrison of the Doors don't have drugs listed as their cause of death either but it was probably a heavy contributing factor.   Even if he didn't pull the trigger, his mood, judgement and perhaps even consciousness and ability to defend himself would have been negatively impacted.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 00:56:40 »
Kurt Cobain was an extremely talented songwriter, one of the best of his generation. There will be a Nirvana resurgence in another 10+ years as another generation discovers his work.

Unfortunately, he had demons, and an inadequate support system to help him through the toughest of times. If anything, the fame and fortune contributed to his demise with all the leeches willing to not address the serious issues he faced.

RIP Kurt
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Lanx

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 11:27:52 »
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/wow-cleaned-up-courtney-love-stuns-on-red-carpet-2010219
She's on again, off again from looking scary trashy to nice prettied up, just recently she's doing the prettied up thing again.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 14:39:08 »
I loved Nirvana back in the day. It was significant for me back when I was a teenager.

BTW. Courtney Love has got herself a scary nose job since then  ...
🍉

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 14:44:19 »
Quote from: Findecanor;227333
I loved Nirvana back in the day. It was significant for me back when I was a teenager.

BTW. Courtney Love has got herself a scary nose job since then  ...

Same here. It's a shame that they seem to be a bit forgotten now :(