Author Topic: [IC] Zoom98 - GB page,Configurator,Pricing,Cosmic Odyssey Edition,GB on Oct.10  (Read 8991 times)

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
Hi everyone,
We are pleased to let you know that Zoom98 GB date is finally decided after more than half year’s preparation. Besides the pricing and GB date, we are also so excited to announce our special edition - Zoom98 x Cosmic Odyssey from SxM design. Here goes our elegant huge 104/107 daily driver!

Zoom98 Collection Page

Zoom98 Latest Design Renders

Zoom98 Real Photos

Shoot with Dot RGB prototypes

Note: These were shoot with Dot RGB prototypes, mass production ones will be the glowing telescope, photos to be updated later.

Configurator

Welcome to preview and share with us your preferable configuration from Zoom98 Configurator

Collabs - Zoom98 x Cosmic Odyssey by SxM Designs

We are thankful that many people like Zoom75 x Kitsune, this time we continue to work with SxM Designs for zoom98.

Zoom98 x Cosmic Odyssey Keycaps Base kit

Zoom98 x Cosmic Odyssey Video

GB Time

Oct.10-Oct.30

Price

Zoom98 EE Tri-mode:
- *14 Case Colors Default with LCD Modular Flex cut or non flex cut PCB - Anodized Alu weight  US$205.00
- *14 Case Colors Default with LCD Modular Flex cut or non flex cut PCB - PVD Mirror weight  US$225.00
Zoom98 SE Tri-mode:
- *6 Case Colors Default with LCD Modular Flex cut or non flex cut PCB - Anodized Alu weight US$235.00
- *6 Case Colors Default with LCD Modular Flex cut or non flex cut PCB - PVD Mirror weight US$255.00
Zoom98 EE Wired:
- *14 Case Colors Default with two-key Modular Non-flex cut PCB only - Anodized Alu weight US$179.00
- *14 Case Colors Default with two-key Modular Non-flex cut PCB only - PVD Mirror weight US$199.00
Zoom98 SE Wired:
- *6 Case Colors Default with two-key Modular Non-flex cut PCB only - Anodized Alu weight US$209.00
- *6 Case Colors Default with two-key Modular Non-flex cut PCB only - PVD Mirror weight US$229.00
Zoom98 x Cosmic Odyssey: Default with badge Modular Flex cut or non flex cut PCB - Anodized Alu weight  US$269.00

WS Cosmic Odyssey Base+Novelity Kit:Doubleshot PBT  US$89.00

Potential Bonus - Fr4 plate or Resin Keycap?

We will have surprised potential bonus for GB! Please let us know if you love a FREE FR4 plate or Customized bear resin keycap :) We will discuss with our team after this IC :)

If you haven’t had a chance to read our previous IC post, you can go on reading the following information for more facts about Zoom98

The Design

* Inspiration from our community - Telescope Logo Design instead of Dot RGB Design

Meletrix always loves to hear the voice from our community, we got many feedback from last leak of renders about the Dot RGB design on the board. And we changed it to a telescope logo.

4 Modular 2U Options - LCD/Knobs/Badges/Two-keys

Just like Zoom75, ou can replace the two keys from the top right with 2U LCD, 1U+knob or badges.

Tri-mode PCB version defaults with the LCD Modular

Wired PCB version defaults with the 2-keys Modular

What’s more, the LCD screen glass, badges and knobs are compatible with Zoom75’s.

2U LCD modular Features Update

Default typing speed animation
GPU,CPU temperature
Time&Date
Memos
Battery power display
Internet speed
Messaging sync(Discord, WeChat, QQ)
Static image upload/Dynamic GIF images
Bluetooth match status
Fan speed display
Weather (Update)

19 options for badges

Not only there are 16 badges to choose just like zoom75, but also we gave some new designs to our community for voting. We selected the three most voted designs, so there are a total of 19 badge options provided.

Different Knob Options

General Knob & Nightlight Knob & Cute Knob are all compatible with Zoom98

Bottom Side RGB Design

Zoom98 is featuring RGB design on bottom sides. Support change RGB lighting effect and turn on/off individually, more possibilities for you.

Side lights photos

Colors

* 20 Colorways Case Color

6 Special Edition: SE Black, SE Orange, SE Lavender, SE Blue, GT-silver, E white

Coating: Anodized(Electrophoresis coating for E-white )

14 Standard Edition: Black, Strawberry Icecream, Blush Pink, White, Cool Grey, Cyber Yellow, Milk Tea, Lilac, Milky Green, Navy Blue, Plum, Scarlet Red, Sky Blue, Wild Green

Coating: Electrostatic coating

Specification

Keyboard layout: 98% layout

Mounting style: Gasket Mount

PCB thickness: 1.2mm

Connection methods: Tri-mode(Wired/Bluetooth/2.4G)

System Supported: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android

Bluetooth Version: 5.2

Bluetooth Support: Can be paired up to 3 devices

Tri-mode PCB supports VIA

Battery Capacity: 2250mAh*2

Typing Angle: 7.7 degrees

Front Height: 22mm

Case Material: Aluminum

Stream & Review Video

Zoom98 MilkTea Review Video by Zeke DGTL
Zoom98 Cyber Yellow Review video by Utsav Ratti
Zoom98 Strawberry Icecream Unboxing Build video by key rist
Zoom98 E-white sound test by RX003
Zoom98 Teal sound test by nainaigogo

Share your idea with us

Feel free to join our Discord for more updates and share your thoughts with us.

Thank you!

Meletrix Team
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 October 2023, 21:07:58 by Ckeeb »

Offline HubertThemad

• * St. Jude Supporter
Re: [IC] Zoom98 - the 104/107 Keyboard kit with glowing telescope
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 12:07:37 »
Because the Zoom98 is pretty darn close to a traditional full-size board, will the Zoom full-size/109 still be released eventually? If the Zoom109/full-size doesn't bring southpaw or something unique, it may be redundant given how this Zoom98 looks like layout-wise.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 15:41:32 »
I really don’t get this layout. Imo it would have been so much better to either commit to just 1800 or to something like the Jetfire or to simply go regular 104 and put the oled top right. Heck, I could name 5 colleagues instantly that would very well have considered a full size since now all I can advice is either a Keychron or a Leopold.

You’re sacrificing functionality over weirdness and aesthetics with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 17:07:36 »
Hard pass from me with the 2u col of function keys and the giant wasted space above the arrows. QK100 and KBDfans Odin did this better - a 1u column is fine. Most people use either PgUp/Dn or Home/Insert, they don't need all four. I appreciate that you may've made this decision in order to accomodate a decently sized display/badge but it's really leaving a huge gap behind after the arrows. This should be a lot more compacted, imo.

Offline Necrolegion

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 18:39:31 »
Gonna rehash my Reddit reply:

I would advice people not buy from Wuque/Maletrix

I joined the following GBs:

* Ikki68s Aurora R1 x2: The stabs that I paid for sucked. This was before they threw in stabs for free. After contacting customer support I was given replacements and those had the exact same issue. Wires were too thick for the clip, causing the clips to break or wires to seize (from the friction). Unusable and I bought two sets for the GB. To make matters worse, I was also missing the hardware to mount the brass plate and weight. I waited for months to get that.

* Promise 87 x2: I received one damaged PCB. Contacted support and received a replacement months later. The other PCBs has terrible hotswap sockets that popped on a few switches. My stainless steel mirror polished weight had a swirl mark on it. I was told I'd get a partial refund, which I don't recall getting. Adding more to the injury, two screw holes on both keyboard cases were stripped or not machined properly. Both on the exact same spot! Their solution was for me to use larger diameter screws.

* Zoom75 x1 (final strike): I naively thought that Maletrix might be different. I received my Zoom75 but was missing my backplate. I contacted support and at this point I'm already aware of how they handle things, they always ask you to submit pointless pictures to prove you are missing hardware, only to hope that you give up and eat the cost. I swear that if I hadn't pestered them enough times on my Promise87, I probably would never had received a replacement PCB. I feel the same way with the Zoom75.

So with all those issues I simply have to implore everyone to avoid Wuque / Maletrix, unless you are okay with subpar quality control and enjoy haggling to get replacements or missing items.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 14 September 2023, 01:13:12 »
Because the Zoom98 is pretty darn close to a traditional full-size board, will the Zoom full-size/109 still be released eventually? If the Zoom109/full-size doesn't bring southpaw or something unique, it may be redundant given how this Zoom98 looks like layout-wise.

Zoom109 will still be released in the future, we will consider bringing something different design into it.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 14 September 2023, 01:17:08 »
Gonna rehash my Reddit reply:

I would advice people not buy from Wuque/Maletrix

I joined the following GBs:

* Ikki68s Aurora R1 x2: The stabs that I paid for sucked. This was before they threw in stabs for free. After contacting customer support I was given replacements and those had the exact same issue. Wires were too thick for the clip, causing the clips to break or wires to seize (from the friction). Unusable and I bought two sets for the GB. To make matters worse, I was also missing the hardware to mount the brass plate and weight. I waited for months to get that.

* Promise 87 x2: I received one damaged PCB. Contacted support and received a replacement months later. The other PCBs has terrible hotswap sockets that popped on a few switches. My stainless steel mirror polished weight had a swirl mark on it. I was told I'd get a partial refund, which I don't recall getting. Adding more to the injury, two screw holes on both keyboard cases were stripped or not machined properly. Both on the exact same spot! Their solution was for me to use larger diameter screws.

* Zoom75 x1 (final strike): I naively thought that Maletrix might be different. I received my Zoom75 but was missing my backplate. I contacted support and at this point I'm already aware of how they handle things, they always ask you to submit pointless pictures to prove you are missing hardware, only to hope that you give up and eat the cost. I swear that if I hadn't pestered them enough times on my Promise87, I probably would never had received a replacement PCB. I feel the same way with the Zoom75.

So with all those issues I simply have to implore everyone to avoid Wuque / Maletrix, unless you are okay with subpar quality control and enjoy haggling to get replacements or missing items.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We attach great importance to customer experience and provide email channels and discord messaging channels to respond to customer needs in a timely manner. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in the past. Regarding your questions, we have been DM you on Reddit to help solve the problem.

Offline HubertThemad

• * St. Jude Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 14 September 2023, 12:21:08 »

Zoom109 will still be released in the future, we will consider bringing something different design into it.

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to seeing what layouts you'll come up with for the 109!

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
Updated!

Offline Yella Fella

• Edward Lui Cinematographer
Shame there's not ANSI support for this. I'll probably wait for the day when an original full-size keyboard option is available. Plus RGB/under lighting etc.