Author Topic: [IC] KKB Dolch Neo | R0, R5 in base, & big keys!  (Read 12830 times)

Offline masje

• Your neighborhood keyboard designer.
    • masjewerke
Re: [IC] KKB Dolch Neo | R0, R5 in base, & big keys!
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 14 June 2024, 03:34:20 »
you should separate the tkl and num
**** no they should not.

please add windowed keys to the extension kit.
consider offering a hangul sub alpha kit. kkb has the molds from jindo. yes I missed the gmk child kit.

honestly, I think separating them is the way forward, you prevent the waste of a lot of keycaps.
The key is keeping the pricing low.

For example, if i could make TKL base 80 bucks, and a numpad kit 10 bucks, would people still complain? I think not.

Offline dvorcol

• Discord: dvorcol_5071
Re: [IC] KKB Dolch Neo | R0, R5 in base, & big keys!
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 14 June 2024, 16:16:35 »
you should separate the tkl and num
**** no they should not.

please add windowed keys to the extension kit.
consider offering a hangul sub alpha kit. kkb has the molds from jindo. yes I missed the gmk child kit.

honestly, I think separating them is the way forward, you prevent the waste of a lot of keycaps.
The key is keeping the pricing low.

For example, if i could make TKL base 80 bucks, and a numpad kit 10 bucks, would people still complain? I think not.

No question that minimizing waste plastic is good for the environment. I'm a numpad user, and I'm all for TKL+Numpad with your target prices ($80 TKL, $10 Numpad).

I recently looked at 17 previous KKB GBs and Numpad users did not fare as well. Average prices were Numpad $20, TKL $92, Full $96. So with split kits, Numpad users paid about 4 times what TKL users saved.