Author Topic: UFOs, ETs, Unexplained paranormal activity  (Read 5574 times)

Offline WhiteRice

UFOs, ETs, Unexplained paranormal activity
« on: Tue, 02 November 2010, 21:24:10 »
I have always been fascinated by this kind of stuff.

Just started re-watching The X-Files on netflix, which has kind of re sparked my interest.

Does anyone have any good stories?

Offline msiegel

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 02 November 2010, 21:26:09 »
i saw a glowing white ellipsoid shoot by my window once when i was a kid.

i always wondered whether it was ball lightning.

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline didjamatic

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 02 November 2010, 21:34:47 »
I was camping in southern Utah with a large group of people.  15+ of us saw these "air craft" that were like pyramids that could change direction in a way that a plane or jet couldn't possibly do and they were insanely fast, covering nearly 1/3 of the sky in seconds.  One guy that was there said they see them all the time.  They had red lights on the corners and 1 white light that seemed to be on the bottom.  I assume they were some kind of goverment test craft.  I have no reason to believe they were alien.

I also saw a bizarre very thick white line go across the sky when I was camping in the western Utah desert.  It was very bright and very thick - about 10-20x the thickness of an average star.  It went across the sky then suddenly was gone.  Undoubtedly a meteorite that burned up in the atmosphere but looked different than any other I have ever seen and it moved VERY slowly which was strange.

But I do believe in cigarette smoking man/cancerman.

IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline chimera15

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 02 November 2010, 23:13:49 »
Quote from: ripster;241896
This is from Yosemite.

I never saw this but  camping on the ridge above Yosemite falls a bear did take a dump near our tent.  I believe it was a bear.

Looks like it might have been a comet/meteor that bounced off the atmosphere.  Pretty cool.
Alps boards:
white real complicated: 1x modified siiig minitouch kb1903,  hhkb light2 english steampunk hack, wireless siig minitouch hack
white with rubber damper(cream)+clicky springs: 2x modified siig minitouch kb1903 1x modified siig minitouch kb1948
white fake simplified:   1x white smk-85, 1x Steampunk compact board hack
white real simplified: 1x unitek k-258
low profile: 1x mint m1242 in box
black: ultra mini wrist keyboard hack
blue: Japanese hhk2 lite hack, 1x siig minitouch pcb/doubleshot dc-2014 caps. kb1903, 1x modified kb1948 Siig minitouch
rainbow test boards:  mck-84sx

Offline chimera15

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 02 November 2010, 23:17:37 »
I could make something up if you want.
Alps boards:
white real complicated: 1x modified siiig minitouch kb1903,  hhkb light2 english steampunk hack, wireless siig minitouch hack
white with rubber damper(cream)+clicky springs: 2x modified siig minitouch kb1903 1x modified siig minitouch kb1948
blue: Japanese hhk2 lite hack, 1x siig minitouch pcb/doubleshot dc-2014 caps. kb1903, 1x modified kb1948 Siig minitouch

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 02 November 2010, 23:41:52 »
[sigpic]Currently in use: Rosewill RK9000 and CH DT225[/sigpic]
"Private misfortunes make for public welfare."

Offline msiegel

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 02 November 2010, 23:57:51 »
3:30. i guess this one's for welly!

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline WhiteRice

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 04 November 2010, 23:03:01 »
I think the keyboard that Skully types on when she writes her reports is mechanical.

Offline MissileMike

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 04 November 2010, 23:24:36 »
I loved the show, but if something had the technology to get here, I doubt they would need lights on their vessel, assuming they actually needed one and couldn't study us from afar.  I guess what I am saying is if they were smart enough to get here, they'd be smart enough not to be seen.
BS: 5 Space Savers  ||  9 42H  ||  10 1391401 or similar  ||  1x 1390131  || AT&T 305b  ||  Dell Model M
Cherry: Leopold FC200RC/AB  ||  3 Ducky 1087  ||  PLU ML87 ||  Cherry G80-8113LUVEU-2  browns
Alps: Filco Zero Tenkeyless (fukka)  ||  ABS M1  ||  3x Dell AT101w  ||  Ancer KF-191  ||  6 Vivanco Compact
Misc: NMB RT6855T+  ||  NMB RT101 Space Invader  ||  Dell Quietkey  ||  Ge Fanuc Industrial Metal

Offline chimera15

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 04 November 2010, 23:27:28 »
Quote from: MissileMike;242799
I loved the show, but if something had the technology to get here, I doubt they would need lights on their vessel, assuming they actually needed one and couldn't study us from afar.  I guess what I am saying is if they were smart enough to get here, they'd be smart enough not to be seen.

Maybe they're not aliens, and they're just from here, from the future, or parallel universes.  What if there's millions of them that aren't seen, and the ones that are just happen to be the small percentage that messed up somehow.

They could also be generational space travelers.  Once the problem of a self sustaining biosphere in space in conquered, you would only have to accelerate it to a very modest speed to reach a neighboring star system.  It's just it might take thousands of generations to get there.

The nearest star is only 4 light years away.  Assuming 1/100th the speed of light, that's only what, 400 years to get there?

You could also create a seed ship that would activate an automatic fertilization of a being in an artificial womb, so that 20 years out it would automatically educate and feed the being, so it would be an adult when it got there.  It wouldn't take a lot of technology past where we are to send seed ships like that to stars, and lights still might be contemporary technology.  In a case like that the alien wouldn't have any control over the way his ship was designed, and lights might just be a part of the way it was made because the creators of it wouldn't know what the ship was actually going to encounter.

Of course there's also the possibility that the aliens simply don't die, and don't have weak frail bodies that require constant nourishment like human life.  In which case they wouldn't view the distances of space as the impedance we do, so are able to travel space at a much lower technological level than we might be able to.

Not to mention they might just be robotic probes.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 November 2010, 23:55:32 by chimera15 »
Alps boards:

Offline Shawn Stanford

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 05 November 2010, 06:47:11 »
I, for one, can't wait for the 1980s!
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 November 2010, 06:50:20 by Shawn Stanford »
The Brat Prince of COBOL

Offline vils

It\'s the glass pipe fallacy. You can only believe that if you\'re on crack.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 09 November 2010, 09:52:13 »
That's awesome.

Offline zefrer

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 09 November 2010, 10:14:33 »
Very realistic

Offline Fwiffo

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 09 November 2010, 11:03:24 »
Have you ever found yourself in bed and suddenly unable to move, particularly just as you're falling to sleep or just as you're waking? You may have a feeling of tension or pressure on your chest, or alternatively, a sensation of floating. You have a terrible feeling of dread, or a malevolent presence. There may be a rushing, roaring or buzzing noise in your ears, or possibly indistinct voices. In some cases, there may be strange lights or dark figures in your room, or even a creature or person sitting on your chest.

I'm a frequent sufferer of sleep paralysis, and let me tell you, it's ****ing terrifying, even after you've gotten "used to it". If I didn't know the benign, rational explanation for it, you'd find me at all the paranormal conventions or possibly a padded room somewhere.

You can call me... Keyboard Otaku... or not quite...

Offline Shawn Stanford

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 09 November 2010, 12:02:13 »
Quote from: Fwiffo;244627
Have you ever found yourself in bed and suddenly unable to move, particularly just as you're falling to sleep or just as you're waking?

The Night Hag. Yeah, it's happened to me on occasion. It's ****ing terrifying...
The Brat Prince of COBOL

Offline Scarzy

• http://enecutive.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 10 November 2010, 07:19:22 »
It's a good question. I've seen lights above the city of Manchester doing weird things (joining up etc) which I can't explain in anyway, but doubt it was ET activity. I find it highly unlikely that we are the only or the most intelligent life in the universe, so I think it must be possible. Far too many stars for there not to be various other planets with life on that has the potential to be intelligent.

I think a better question is: Who is the most advanced?

Offline Shawn Stanford

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 10 November 2010, 08:42:14 »
What a train wreck Amy Winehouse is...
The Brat Prince of COBOL

Offline zefrer

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 11 November 2010, 11:23:58 »
At least Amy can sing. Oh yeah I went there. (not a fan of either actually :heh:)

Offline zefrer

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 11 November 2010, 11:34:47 »
I find it impossible to smile whenever she sings, yeah.

Offline zefrer

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 11 November 2010, 11:38:53 »
Likewise. Anything else?

Offline zefrer

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 11 November 2010, 12:43:48 »
Awesome! Maybe third time's the charm for her and baby making.

Offline WhiteRice

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 11 November 2010, 15:29:07 »
Ripster, for a dad you are amazingly literate in pop culture.

Offline 002

• Topre Enthusiast
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 11 November 2010, 18:23:54 »
Quote from: WhiteRice;245580
Ripster, for a dad you are amazingly literate in pop culture.

lol
I think most adult men would be less in touch with pop culture if they *weren't* fathers.

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 11 November 2010, 18:57:42 »
I have had issues with sleep paralysis in the past (chronic insomniac).  The more exhausted I am, the more "episodes" I seem to have.  For the last few weeks I've been fast asleep well before midnight, and hope the trend continues.  

Sleep paralysis is confusing because you feel completely awake and alert, but something just isn't right.  You get an intense adrenaline rush, but still can't move.  I sometimes can barely move my eyes to look around the room, which is usually when I finally wake up completely.  I definitely understand people who are driven nuts by it, or jump to insane conclusions, but the fact is that it is a part of the very complex sleep process that we abuse and neglect so often in modern society.  

Naps are also good.
[sigpic]Currently in use: Rosewill RK9000 and CH DT225[/sigpic]
"Private misfortunes make for public welfare."

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 13 November 2010, 13:56:38 »
Quote from: 002;245666
lol
I think most adult men would be less in touch with pop culture if they *weren't* fathers.

Dogs don't count.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS