Author Topic: [IC] GMK CYL Desert Nights  (Read 182208 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline SKYP.Lab

  • Posts: 6
  • Location: VietNam
Re: [IC] GMK CYL Desert Nights
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 11 October 2026, 03:09:17 »
+1 to swag. The subtle sparkle is the whole point of a night sky set, purple and gold already do the heavy lifting. GLWIC
Ok, you brought me out of my hole -- I'm supposed to be a lurker only, but I've been following Desert Nights for some time now.

I just wanted to chime in that I'd much rather this stay as a GMK set.  I see GMK's more subtle sparkle effect as a big draw -- not a drawback!

While the comparison with Vior make sense (especially since they're very similiar colorways), I don't personally like Vior's implementation of the sparkles.  I was really hoping that Desert Nights would be more like a violet/indigo version of GMK Cosmos -- just with sandy colored legends/sparkle effects.  I thought your initial renders captured this really well and I really think you should hold firm to that original design aesthetic.  Yes, GMK costs more, take forever, and can be a huge pain to work with -- but they would be the ideal partner for this project.   

This has the potential to be a really amazing set.  I hope it turns out great and I'll be watching. 

That's all I wanted to say -- talk to ya'all again in another 7 1/2 years  :p