Lovely set, I'm definitely in. I type in Arabic frequently, and I'd love to see support for the (in my opinion far more intuitive) Mac Arabic layout, which has
د ذ ط ظ together on the bottom row,
ة on the same row as
ه, and handles the various forms of
hamza on the shifted layer a bit differently. The rest of the layout is the same for the most part, which means not that many extra keys would need to be added.*
Speaking of
haa and
taa marbuta, I wish you would use the more common isolated form of
haa, the one that looks like a circle (
ہ) rather than a squiggle (
ﮪ), for the keycap legend. That way it'd match the glyph used for
taa marbuta (
ة).
Since you already have 4-key terminal ISO support in the base kit, you could take the opportunity to incorporate support for 102-key Arabic layouts as well. You'd just need to print
dhaal/shadda (
ذ ૻ) sublegends on the R3
\| key, and a
tatweel (
ـ) sublegend on the R4
<> key.
* They could either fit in Extension, or they could form a separate Mac child kit together with the 1.5u Super + 1u Alt keys currently present in Extension.Edit:
Hi! Please consider R1 pipe in the L9 base color.
+1