Author Topic: Musicians  (Read 13520 times)

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
Musicians
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 07 February 2011, 18:18:13 »
I play piano. Been playing for about 5 years.

Computer keyboards aren't the only kind of keyboards I blow my money on xD

Offline D-EJ915

Musicians
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 12 February 2011, 21:11:55 »
Quote from: Jerri;291254
Thumbs up for the Greenbacks, i really dig the sound of em, thought first, that it were V30s!
And Thumbs up for the Jackson and ESP H/S Pickup Superstrats! I really dig that ESP, i love Maple necks.

The Ibanez is a very special guitar for me. Got that guitar and then 1 week after i sold my Fender 1976 Strat and my Gibson SG Angus Young, because that little thing blew both of them easily away.
At the beginning the Ibby needed a few tweaks (new pickups and a new tremolo block, and chapstick on the knife edges), but then it was killer.

At the end i customized the Seymour Duncan Full Shred Bridge Humbucker, too, because i didn't like the sound in that guitar.

What pickups do you have in the guitars? On the V it looks like an Seymour Duncan Invader!
SD AHB-2 Metal in the ESP, DDn/Invader in the V, X2N in the jackson

Offline EverythingIBM

Musicians
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 12 February 2011, 22:42:25 »
Quote from: Lethal Squirrel;291471
I play piano. Been playing for about 5 years.

Computer keyboards aren't the only kind of keyboards I blow my money on xD

Roland A80?
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline slueth

Musicians
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 06:25:27 »
@iMav
I just got a pure harp suzuki harmonica last week.  Been too busy with school and lazy as hell to learn it.  
Do you have any videos or soundclouds of you playing?
Also, how did you learn how to play it?  I have this book that I am reading.  Can only play simple tunes right now.
The harmonica is simple in some ways, but really hard skillwise when compared to a piano, where you just press a key for a note.

Offline Pylon

Musicians
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 13:45:27 »
A bit of this now:

(it's a vibraphone for those unfamiliar with it - basically, it's a metal xylophone with mellow tone, resonator tubes and a pedal and damper, and it can hold a note for a very long time)

Between playing triplet eighth notes on that(Song for my Father) and typing, I'm guaranteed to get carpal tunnel.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 April 2011, 13:49:26 by Pylon »

Offline Arcanius

• Buckling Spring Lover
Musicians
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 03 April 2011, 17:47:44 »
I believe that drum rolls are not as bad for your hands, because you're not using your muscles so much. Your arms are relaxed. Also, eight note triplets doesn't mean anything. What's the tempo marking?
I'm playing a piece now where you have to articulate sextuplets at Quarter = 100. So... 10 notes per second. takatakatakatakatakatakatakataka. Love double tongue.

Offline Brodie337

Musicians
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 03 April 2011, 20:47:06 »
Just sold my beloved old Warwick Corvette $$ bass :(

Its sad to see the old girl go, we had some good times (Including drunkenly taking out the drummer while tripping over a cable :) )

Offline Pylon

Musicians
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 04 April 2011, 15:11:57 »
Quote from: Arcanius;323956
I believe that drum rolls are not as bad for your hands, because you're not using your muscles so much. Your arms are relaxed. Also, eight note triplets doesn't mean anything. What's the tempo marking?
I'm playing a piece now where you have to articulate sextuplets at Quarter = 100. So... 10 notes per second. takatakatakatakatakatakatakataka. Love double tongue.

Actually, I think it's 16th note triplets. And since the accidentals are not raised like on a marimba or xylophone playing Db-C-Bb-Ab-Bb like on Song for my Father takes fast movememnts.

woody

Musicians
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 04 April 2011, 16:06:29 »
They're there by accident.

Offline kill will

• http://www.jerseyshoredailies.com
Musicians
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 04 April 2011, 16:23:49 »
i am a record player.
I <3 BS