Author Topic: TMK PS/2 to USB keyboard converter  (Read 139177 times)

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
Re: TMK PS/2 to USB keyboard converter
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 17:41:45 »

I guess power voltage causes if the issue happens on specific keyboards.
You did solder bridge on J1?

Lol. J1 was not solder bridged, but I just bridged it myself and the keyboard now works perfectly. That was clearly the problem. Welp, at least there was a really easy solution this time!!

Good to hear that.

EDIT:
PancakeMSTR, Could you try this new converter on your Zenith, Omnikey and RT101+ and report the result on its thread? It would be helpful to improve the converter firmware code. The converter supports AT,XT and Terminal with one firmware like soarer's
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103648.0

I'd be delighted. I'll report back with results when I get a chance to test it.

Thanks as usual Hasu!

Great, Iooking forward!
TMK products:HHKB Alt  ⌨ConvertersAlps64FC660C AltFC980C Alt

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #251 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 10:07:57 »
Hi Hasu,

So, strangely, I tried that same trick - solder jumping J1 - with my RT101+ that is behaving identically to how the Omnikey was, but it didn't work :(

Still the same behavior with the RT101+ (have to reset the pro micro to get the keyboard to connect properly). So I dunno, that's a weird one. Gonna have to look into other options for it.

And I tested your IBM PC converter on the Omnikey. I replied in the corresponding thread, but, long story short, it seems to be working pretty well but for some minor weirdness.

I'll reply there with follow up tests on the RT101+ and Zenith. Probably some other stuff too, if it works well (which it looks like it will) I'll likely use it as my de-facto standard going forward. I have quite a few more keyboards still to convert (though, to be fair, they are mostly ADB).

Anyway, great work Hasu! I remain wildly impressed by your commitment to this community!
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 April 2020, 10:11:38 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #252 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 19:20:12 »
Hi Hasu,

So, strangely, I tried that same trick - solder jumping J1 - with my RT101+ that is behaving identically to how the Omnikey was, but it didn't work :(

Still the same behavior with the RT101+ (have to reset the pro micro to get the keyboard to connect properly). So I dunno, that's a weird one. Gonna have to look into other options for it.

You are using two Pro Micros? Did you got the Pro Micros from same source?
Post pics of them and wirings, that would be useful.

Can you use same Pro Micro with both Omnikey and RT101+? I mean one which works well with Ominikey in particular.

Also check output from hid_listen to confirm that you are using same firmware on the two Pro Micros. You will see version string like below.
Waiting for new device:....
Listening:

TMK:23305ad9/LUFA

And I tested your IBM PC converter on the Omnikey. I replied in the corresponding thread, but, long story short, it seems to be working pretty well but for some minor weirdness.

I did check your post. Thanks.
I don't find any reason why problem happens only with F11 and RALT. These keys have normal scan code and nothing special.

Are you sure that this PS/2 converter doesn't has the minor weirdness?
Also what if with Soarer's converter?

I believe you already did but I must ask. Did you try cleaning the switches?

TMK products:HHKB Alt  ⌨ConvertersAlps64FC660C AltFC980C Alt