Author Topic: Another gaming topic, boo!  (Read 12587 times)

Offline hfcobra

Another gaming topic, boo!
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 18:31:48 »
Quote from: vun;325881
Razer BlackWidow I assume.

thanks, I should have known that.   :P   Been busy today and I am a bit on autopilot.
Own/Love: REɅLFORCE 87UB EK Edition 45g

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline HaveANiceDay

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 20:02:56 »
Quote from: weipim;325796
honestly, i  think for gaming your bw is really good, i just went from a filco brown mx nkro to a bwu dragon age 2 edition, don't regret it.

ಠ_ಠ
Filco Tenkeyless Brown with beige cherry doubleshots (home)
Realforce 86U (work)
Get you own Phantom NAO!

Offline snowball

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 22:33:34 »
Trolls be trolling. BW mean Starcraft: Brood War. (or black widow)
Mice: Zowie EC2, SS Xai, Deathadder Black Edition, Imperator, MX 518, G9
Mousepad: Artisan KAI.g3 HARD, QCK+, SX, 9HD, I-2, NP+, QCK Heavy, Zowie G-TF
Keyboard: G6v2, Mini Choc (blue), Leo Otaku (brown), Poker (Red on order)

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 22:40:11 »
Quote from: snowball;325970
Trolls be trolling. BW mean Starcraft: Brood War. (or black widow)

i was thinking Brood War, but that did not make sense to me for this thread or his post lol    :P
Own/Love: REɅLFORCE 87UB EK Edition 45g

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline sinani206

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 07 April 2011, 00:54:26 »
Wait, what April Fools Match? Is there a VOD? HOW THE **** DID I MISS IT RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ALMOST SMASHES NEW BLACKWIDOW AND REALIZES ITS NOT HIS CRAPPY OLD MICROSOFT KEYBOARD ANY MORE AND YELLS AT IT FOR BEING EXPENSIVE*

Whoa, that was a long *action*.
Glad I got that out of my system.

Offline sinani206

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 07 April 2011, 00:59:30 »

Offline advancedgamer

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 14 May 2011, 17:54:20 »
wow gj people, while i was absent of these forums for some months you turned this into a gaming thread =P
makes me proud

Offline brkim1324

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 14 May 2011, 18:27:22 »
Topre is fine for gaming. But not the best. It's just... yea, it's good but not the BEST :)
I had HHKB and for gaming wise, it works but other switches provide better for gaming.
I am a huge gamer too btw :)
From most ppl this is how it goes:
Blue - good for RTS. Many progamers use. But ppl recommend other options other than blue.
for me, I think blue's great for typing and gaming! I had great experience with blue while playing CS.
Brown - MOST ppl recommend this for gaming and typing. Majority of the SC2 progamers use this switch.
For me, it's great. But it somehow leaves u wanting more.
Red - Newest switch. Great for gaming and typing. Since it's new, many progamers are yet to try them. But I saw some SC2 progamers use Red.
For me, Red is far the best gaming keyboard. BUT not for typing... :( It's okay for typing..
Black - People say it's best for FPS. Just best.. NOT recommended for typing by majority. ur fingers have to fitness to type long with this
For me, it is great for FPS. It just gives u different experience. But you are not going to only FPS with this so...

I recommend brown or red. Black is very nice but too heavy for me at least :( It is great for FPS though.
Personally I don't see what's wrong with blue for gaming. It is great for both typing and gaming. Blue is definitley most fun.

EDIT: Woo forgot to recommend model
Go with Filco. One of the best since the stone age of cherry switch boom.
Das is also great. Personally, Das feel better in typing than Filco but the build quality wasn't satisfactory for me :(
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 May 2011, 18:30:15 by brkim1324 »

Offline MasterBlaster

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 15 May 2011, 04:26:54 »
1. What models of Filco exacly do you have in mind brkim1324 ? atm i m favoring brown , i play only Sc2 competitivly (and the rts janra) . In my mind the best keyboard for sc2/rts are the ones best for typing but at the same time i dont like the ideea of noisy keyboards as i dont use headsets . I only used the black swiches and they are good for sc2 but i find them horrible for any game where you need to keep a key down alote , like running in a fps or mmo as then it realy tiers you down. My biggest concern with brown (considering i havent tryed them) it that they are too soft and you can press keys involuntaty.
2. Where i can buy Filco in europe ? if you know give more options as most dont send in my country
3.Does anyone know where you can get Das professional silent with delivery in europe? http://www.getdigital.de doesnt have this model unfortunatly
Das Professional Silent (brown) > Steelseries 6gv2 (black) > Logitech 19 (crap?!)

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 15 May 2011, 04:33:04 »
get blues, browns blow
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline Human

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 15 May 2011, 04:57:51 »
Quote from: brkim1324;346333
Topre is fine for gaming. But not the best. It's just... yea, it's good but not the BEST :)
I had HHKB and for gaming wise, it works but other switches provide better for gaming.
I am a huge gamer too btw :)
From most ppl this is how it goes:
Blue - good for RTS. Many progamers use. But ppl recommend other options other than blue.
for me, I think blue's great for typing and gaming! I had great experience with blue while playing CS.
Brown - MOST ppl recommend this for gaming and typing. Majority of the SC2 progamers use this switch.
For me, it's great. But it somehow leaves u wanting more.
Red - Newest switch. Great for gaming and typing. Since it's new, many progamers are yet to try them. But I saw some SC2 progamers use Red.
For me, Red is far the best gaming keyboard. BUT not for typing... :( It's okay for typing..
Black - People say it's best for FPS. Just best.. NOT recommended for typing by majority. ur fingers have to fitness to type long with this
For me, it is great for FPS. It just gives u different experience. But you are not going to only FPS with this so...

I recommend brown or red. Black is very nice but too heavy for me at least :( It is great for FPS though.
Personally I don't see what's wrong with blue for gaming. It is great for both typing and gaming. Blue is definitley most fun.

EDIT: Woo forgot to recommend model
Go with Filco. One of the best since the stone age of cherry switch boom.
Das is also great. Personally, Das feel better in typing than Filco but the build quality wasn't satisfactory for me :(

Cherry Blue drove me nuts when i play Action and any other fast pace game which doubletab the same keys repeatedly at high speed(including Dota, to hold position).

Strangely, blue is okay and acceptable for FPS as i dont bottom up it(WASD) when walking in game.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 15 May 2011, 07:36:42 »
Quote from: MasterBlaster;346503
I only used the black swiches and they are good for sc2 but i find them horrible for any game where you need to keep a key down alote , like running in a fps or mmo as then it realy tiers you down.
Where i can buy Filco in europe ? if you know give more options as most dont send in my country

You don't need to keep holding the key down. I don't bottom out the black switches while gaming. It takes some practice, but totally worth the effort/time.
You can get the Filco from http://keyboardco.com/.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline brkim1324

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 15 May 2011, 10:22:15 »
1. What models of Filco exacly do you have in mind brkim1324 ? atm i m favoring brown , i play only Sc2 competitivly (and the rts janra) . In my mind the best keyboard for sc2/rts are the ones best for typing but at the same time i dont like the ideea of noisy keyboards as i dont use headsets . I only used the black swiches and they are good for sc2 but i find them horrible for any game where you need to keep a key down alote , like running in a fps or mmo as then it realy tiers you down. My biggest concern with brown (considering i havent tryed them) it that they are too soft and you can press keys involuntaty.
I don't think brown is that light. Red is too light. But I believe the reason ppl most mistype is not because the keyboard is in bad design or too light but more like they just mistype.. fingers going everywhere.
Currently I use brown for typing and it is great. Blues the still most fun though so thinking about majes 2 blue replacing my old blue.
I play lots of SC2 and my friends do too. I am masters and my freind's GM. He plays with blue and has no problem at all. In fact he plays better than with rubber dome, faster and more responsive.
I play with Red for SC2. It just feels smooth and right. Brown is great too but I am juts more used to Red's smoothness and easy to tap. Red is lighter for your fingers meaning your fingers will less fatigue.
My fingers used to fatigue quite fast with blues. With Reds, much longer.

Offline brkim1324

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 15 May 2011, 10:24:26 »
Strangely, blue is okay and acceptable for FPS as i dont bottom up it(WASD) when walking in game
Yeah I am a light typist too but as I got used to Red, I tend to bottom out more. At first with Red, the keys are very light so I do like cloud typing. Then I started to feel I cannot really feel whether I typed it or not. So my fingers bottom out more. I used not bottom out with blues but now I bottom out more :( well that's okay as long as my fingers are strong!

Offline RiGS

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 15 May 2011, 12:35:57 »
Damn, that's so impressive!
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline MasterBlaster

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 15 May 2011, 16:18:27 »
Quote from: brkim1324;346585
I don't think brown is that light. Red is too light. But I believe the reason ppl most mistype is not because the keyboard is in bad design or too light but more like they just mistype.. fingers going everywhere.
Currently I use brown for typing and it is great. Blues the still most fun though so thinking about majes 2 blue replacing my old blue.
I play lots of SC2 and my friends do too. I am masters and my freind's GM. He plays with blue and has no problem at all. In fact he plays better than with rubber dome, faster and more responsive.
I play with Red for SC2. It just feels smooth and right. Brown is great too but I am juts more used to Red's smoothness and easy to tap. Red is lighter for your fingers meaning your fingers will less fatigue.
My fingers used to fatigue quite fast with blues. With Reds, much longer.

brkim1324 got one more question , when you play sc you usualy fully press the keys or just enough to register, aka when you wana make probes etc ?
Das Professional Silent (brown) > Steelseries 6gv2 (black) > Logitech 19 (crap?!)

Offline brkim1324

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 15 May 2011, 17:29:36 »
brkim1324 got one more question , when you play sc you usualy fully press the keys or just enough to register, aka when you wana make probes etc ?

I used to fully press keys, but with Reds, I don't really fully press keys. Just enough to give command. In the beginning of the game, I just warm up my fingers and make probes. But as the game goes on more intense and I got more things to do, so your fingers gotta work faster. Just has to go everywhere. So I did notice myself not bottoming out to reduce time for next command. Sometimes I mistype so the command doesn't go in, but I believe that's just I need more practice :) For now, I play with both brown and Red, and they are different experience. Brown feels more stiff and firm than Red. Red is light and cloudy meaning your fingers like to fly over the keyboard often. Overall, I like them both :) I am thinking about ordering new Blue on Monday and getting it on Tuesday.. Blues will be just for typing thou and even for gaming. But it's just mostly I wanna have it... :P which is crazy and greedy... XD

Offline Zamorph

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 15 May 2011, 17:36:22 »
Quote from: brkim1324;346781
In the beginning of the game, I just warm up my fingers and make probes.

Gross,, Terran all the way.... My poor bunkers in next patch...
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 May 2011, 17:40:28 by Zamorph »

Offline MasterBlaster

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 16 May 2011, 09:42:21 »
i spin around Das professional silent (brown) and Filco Majestouch-2 (red) , cant decide yet . The thing is i can never not fully press keys when i play ,i do this on black swich keyboard and i m a prity big guy(i only get fatigued on black if i need to keep a button down , like runing in a RPG). Here ar some of my thoughts
I heared the Filco has prity poor key paint and the keys start to fade soon and considering the cost of the Filco i m not too happy about that.One thing that is very important to me if how high i can get the keyboard(using the feet support if any of them have one), does anyone know anything about that?
Also there is the fact that the das kayboard gets in my country at half the price of  a filco

ofc Zamorph i m terran too , protoss is just too booring and easy to play for my taste :) but yeah SCV= probes/drones to me , also want to ask if you feel that someone that pushes keys at max can have problems with Filco Majestouch 2 as it s very easy to involuntery press keys or it s just all in my mind?

Offline advancedgamer

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 02 June 2011, 16:22:55 »
why is the filco majestouch-2 not available in brown??

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 02 June 2011, 17:31:03 »
Quote from: advancedgamer;354808
why is the filco majestouch-2 not available in brown??

You mean this one?

or perhaps this one?

Unless you're talking about the bezel finish. And if so.... ewww.