Author Topic: Is there a keyboard that can bring me more pleasure?  (Read 12985 times)

Offline panda-R

Is there a keyboard that can bring me more pleasure?
« on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 10:03:28 »
Hello I'm Panda and I'm new here.

l'm looking for a mechanical keyboard with a small footprint. I don't know much about mechanical keyboards so any recommendations would be great. Would the Nopoopoo Dark Chocolate Micro be a good board?

On a side note, I absolutely adore my rubber dome. At first I thought it was so boring to type on but it really grows on you and I learned to love it. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea though.
DO YOU FEEL THE BEAT? I DO.
One Keyboard to DOOM them all, REALFORCE.

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 10:19:54 »
Quote from: panda-R;302162
On a side note, I absolutely adore my rubber dome. At first I thought it was so boring to type on but it really grows on you and I learned to love it. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea though.

Well, can you tell us more on what turns you on?
You adore rubber dome, but have you even try without rubber?
What is the brand and model of your current rubber dome affair?
Is money a concern?

What are you doing with your keyboard?

Personnaly, the biggest pleasure I get is when I click purchase.
The keyboard itself is only accessory.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 10:24:21 »
Ripster + Sixty = toooooooooooo hilarious.

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 10:32:38 »
Quote from: ripster;302181
Money is not a concern to PandaR.

I know this because his camera is nicer than mine.

I think I just got ambushed...

I didn't notice at first that Panda-R was a senior member.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 February 2011, 15:26:01 by BucklingSpring »
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 10:41:13 »

l'm looking for a mechanical keyboard with a small footprint. I don't know much about mechanical keyboards so any recommendations would be great. Would the Nopoopoo Dark Chocolate Micro be a good board?

AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline pitashen

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 10:41:48 »
Could it be the frustration from all the newb questions raised on this forum?
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline manfaux

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 10:43:13 »
this thread is the epitome of trolling!

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 10:44:27 »
Quote from: ripster;302205
He's not that droll.

Quote from: manfaux;302206
this thread is the epitome of trolling!

Drolling?

Offline Armando Penblade

• http://thegeekery.org
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 11:06:11 »
It just looks like a dirty "otaku" board :(
Filco Majestouch 104-US, Metallic Blue, with Chery MX Blues  //  Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000, 104-US + Media Keys & Browser Controls  //  iRocks RF-6570 Cordless 104-US, 2.4GHz Wireless, White  //  SteelSeries 6Gv2 104-US, Black, with Cherry MX Blacks

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 11:39:40 »
Quote from: itlnstln;302208
Drolling?

Drole, means funny in French...

Eg - Politician Jean Charest on Youtube
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline panda-R

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 11:52:59 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;302174

What are you doing with your keyboard?

I am not at liberty to divulge state secrets. The Department of Zooland Security strictly forbids engaging in meaningful discussions with enemy combatants.

Quote from: BucklingSpring;302188
I think I just got ambushed...

LOLicobacter pylori!

Offline panda-R

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 11:55:05 »
Quote from: ripster;302181
Money is not a concern to PandaR.

I know this because his camera is nicer than mine.

I am PandaR the destroyer of bamboo. This title occasionally means that I must have at my disposal large sensor cameras to capture the maximum of light in anticipation of terrorist attacks that could impede in our way of life.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 11:57:11 »
now that we got the drolling out of the way.... the one keyboard to doom them all is quite nice to type on, except the variant that i currently posses has a larger bottom that i would like sitting on my desk. This would not be a problem if my keyboard was kim kardashian but I would like to go back to tenkeyless type buttocks.

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 12:14:01 »
I believe you're not a real bamboo eating Panda. Instead you're Panda (poo) from Skins (UK).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 12:40:40 »
I was missing panda-R threads.

■___■
(◕‿◕)
▐ __▐
.▆|▆.................

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 12:41:42 »
I think some round two doubleshots are what you're looking for. Oh, buuuurn. :flame:
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 13:13:03 »
Quote from: Mr. Perfect;302296
I think some round two doubleshots are what you're looking for. Oh, buuuurn. :flame:

Round two doubleshots sound vaguely familiar however my limited capacity to memorize promises and responsibilities are comparable to a panda's ability to learn not to fall out of a tree while sleeping.

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 13:23:14 »
Oh, so that's what Pandas have black eyes all the time. They "fell".
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 14:49:03 »
Quote from: Mr. Perfect;302317
Oh, so that's what Pandas have black eyes all the time. They "fell".

Yes they fell... But those are not black eyes.

Bamboos are growing in a white sand similar to chalk.
The Panda is actually a drunk black bear. Their limited flexibilty only allow them to clean their limbs and rub their eyes.

« Last Edit: Mon, 28 February 2011, 15:16:49 by BucklingSpring »
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 14:54:48 »
Quote from: panda-R;302262
I am not at liberty to divulge state secrets. The Department of Zooland Security strictly forbids engaging in meaningful discussions with enemy combatants.

No sh!t - Btw are you related to that Panda in Atlanta?

Because he doesn't talk much ether and was as mobile as that boulder

Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 14:55:01 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;302350
Yes they fell... But those are not black eyes.

Bamboos are growing in a white sand similar to chalk.
The Panda is actually a drunk black bear. Their limited flexibilty only allow them to clean their limbs and rub their eyes.

We're not talking about normal Panda bears here. It's the R (racing) version and as we all know from motorsports, the R always means it's better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 14:58:33 »
Eh BTW, I'm a big fan of your band.

When's your next gig

Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 15:01:10 »
Quote from: db_Iodine;302354
We're not talking about normal Panda bears here. It's the R (racing) version and as we all know from motorsports, the R always means it's better.

Waow... Let me know next time you see one of those in a tree.

Meanwhile, what do you think of this one:
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 February 2011, 15:13:54 by BucklingSpring »
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline ironman31

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 15:27:03 »
Quote from: ripster;302210
Back on topic to answer the OP I consider the key lettering on a Noppoo trolling.
Show Image

The lettering is actually quite bad, but the plastic makes the browns feel a lot nicer.
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline panda-R

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 16:19:18 »
I think this thread would be more relevant if we related the term pleasure not to that of typing but with the sins of the flesh.

Offline nraymond

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 16:36:54 »
Quote from: panda-R;302388
I think this thread would be more relevant if we related the term pleasure not to that of typing but with the sins of the flesh.

Well, in that case I'd say it depends on what sorts of sins you are into... if it's writing adult stories, I'd say the keyboard that you enjoy typing on the most will bring the most pleasure and the least pain, unless of course you are writing an S&M story and maybe you want a keyboard that brings you pain (PC Jr. keyboard perhaps?)  Alternatively, if you're working on developing a teledildonics system, perhaps you have a GUI with good keyboard shortcuts in which case a keyboard with n-key rollover could be very important for not getting your commands out-of-sequence or lost to any remote participants.  We'll need to know more info to be able to help you.

Offline Tony

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 22:54:55 »

How about this keyboard?
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline theferenc

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 23:11:19 »
Quote from: Tony;302558
How about this keyboard?
Show Image

I'll take two, please.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball

Offline bettablue

• Geeks with a Grudge. Gotta Love'em
    • All Things DOS
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 00:42:31 »
Quote from: sixty;302173
http://www.geekalerts.com/bamboo-keyboard-mouse/
I forgat all about these.  I saw them on site or other a while ago, but never really gave them much thought.  Somehow these just don't seem to be a great use of resources.  Now if they were to put some kind of decent mechanicals... Bucling spring comes to mind, but Cherry Browns or Blacks...  Then they would really have something.
Vintage Computer user, and collector, specializing in the IBM 5150 Personal Computer, the World\'s first REAL PC!
Keyboards - IBM Model M X 2, IBM AT X 2, IBM KB8923, Apple IIe, and Mac SE boards. 

-----------------IBM Think!---------------------

Offline bettablue

• All Things DOS
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 00:44:44 »
Quote from: ripster;302194
Senior Member does not indicate Maturity.

Ask me how I know this.
OK Ripster, I'll bite.  How do you know?  ;-)
Vintage Computer user, and collector, specializing in the IBM 5150 Personal Computer, the World\'s first REAL PC!
Keyboards - IBM Model M X 2, IBM AT X 2, IBM KB8923, Apple IIe, and Mac SE boards. 

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 00:47:26 »
Quote from: Tony;302558
How about this keyboard?
Show Image

F*ck the keyboard. I'd love to play NES with her.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline bettablue

• All Things DOS
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 00:49:45 »
Quote from: noodles256;302202
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PBptSDIh8

Please don't tell me.  Ed Sullivan, right?  That was so, so, so...  Oh, Hell!!! I can't say what I want to say because I don't want someone to take it the wrong way.  

BTW, I spend entirely too much time on GeekHack.  I never know just what I'm going to run into next.  Keep it up guys and gals, my wife already thinks I crazy.  Why not give her another reason.

Offline bettablue

• All Things DOS
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 00:54:23 »
Quote from: ripster;302293
Contact the Korean guy in that other thread offering to buy from Leopold and get a 87U!  And WAIT for dem Skully keys.

THIS is the one keyboard to DOOM THEM ALL!

Show Image
Ripster, I still want your track ball!  Where's your 8 ball though?  Does it use real billiard balls?

Offline Evil_Spork

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 01:17:58 »
I actually like the lettering on the Noppoo... >.>
Noppoo Choc Mini "Tea Axis"/MX Brown
Leopold Tenkeyless MX Brown - SOLD!
Filco Majestouch-2 Linear R Limited Edition Tenkeyless with MX Red

Offline kill will

• http://www.jerseyshoredailies.com
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 02:11:19 »
Buckling springs brings me good pressure.
I <3 BS

Offline panda-R

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 09:46:04 »
p-p-p-pandaface p-p-pandaface
muh muh muh mah

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 10:35:08 »
Quote from: ripster;302741
Have you herd about KBDthority.net?

Is it really how you spell it?
I was curious about it but there is no registered domain for KBDthority.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 10:41:01 »
It's really Deskthority.net.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 11:56:32 »
i don't know who the OP is but I'm still interested in finding a keyboard that is suitable for transition from my rubber dome.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 11:57:17 »
whatever you do, do not click sample 3! DO NOT!!!!

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 12:03:03 »
Quote from: panda-R;302838
whatever you do, do not click sample 3! DO NOT!!!!

Why not?
You don't like black on white fonts?
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 12:07:17 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;302843
Why not?
You don't like black on white fonts?

Pandas are fine with black on white, after all they are black on white themselves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 12:12:01 »
Quote from: panda-R;302836
i don't know who the OP is but I'm still interested in finding a keyboard that is suitable for transition from my rubber dome.

A transition is changing from one state to another.

As the OP you don't provide the details of where you want to go with this.

ie Transition from RD to WHAT?
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 12:22:42 »
Quote from: ripster;302852
I think Sample3 is Verdana.

That's what I thought at first glance.

But when I turned up the brightness... It revealed a whole new dimension.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 12:29:07 »
Quote from: ripster;302858

I call this pic, "Panda Perversions"

Is it because the Gerbil has no arms to prevent the pervert Pandas to touch the bumps on her chest?

Wait... oh... Nevermind...  Those little missplaced rubber domes are arms.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline panda-R

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 13:53:27 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;302854
A transition is changing from one state to another.

As the OP you don't provide the details of where you want to go with this.

ie Transition from RD to WHAT?

what what in the what now?

Offline panda-R

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 14:28:11 »
Quote from: ripster;302934
PandaR - you'll be happy to know that the nice lady that sent me that picture is a Nigerian Princess named Runeazn.

If you need her email just let me know.  I think she may be the heiress of lottery winnings too.

Does that nice lady have any relation to our princess runeazn? Could they be one and the same? Is runeazn pictured in sample3?

Offline panda-R

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 15:54:27 »
if she is the one for you, then how do i fit into your life my dearest?

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 16:54:51 »
Quote from: ripster;303034
Alas, I am not a furry.  Our relationship was doomed from the start.

Oh my God. This is too much.

When I say to friends that I often spend times on a keyboard forum. They call me nerd. When to my defense I say "but those guys are hilarious. You should try... It IS entertaining!" They usually reply "I rest my case".

I'm currently between two jobs. The previous has been cut in a corporate reorg. That's why I can afford paying a little more attention to the crazy stuff going on here. I maintain my stand... You guys ARE funny.

I'm already on the short list for couple of interesting positions. Spending time here ease the wait for phone calls and job interview requests.

Thanks for making my day.
Boards I own, click ->
More