Author Topic: (or trade) A Bunch of Mechanicals (Cherry, Kinesis, Northgate, BSR)  (Read 5498 times)

Offline REVENGE

• Trade Count: (0)
[SIZE=14]PRICE DROPPED ON THE G80-8200LUBUS[/SIZE]

Currently taking best offer, sale or trade, for one (or more) boards. Trades I would be interested in are compact, tactile, clicky boards, preferably with NKRO. Local pickup in southern California is preferred, and local pickup customers may get increased priority.

Unless otherwise noted, all of these boards have been thoroughly cleaned (inside, outside, and keycaps) and are fully functional.

Northgate Omni Key ULTRA (DIP switches under logo) - $100 OBO
White complicated ALPS, PS/2, NKRO, Doubleshot keys
Foam was inserted to reduce back-plate flexing. I will include the original angled PS/2 to AT cable, but you will need your own AT to PS/2 adapter.

Cherry G80-8200LUBUS - $60 OBO
Cherry brown, USB, 2KRO, Lasered keys
New in open box.

Kinesis Model 110 (1994) - $75 OBO
Cherry brown, PS/2, NKRO, Doubleshot keys
This board has experienced a lot of wear. Everything is clean, but many of the keycaps are smooth and shiny from extended use. There are also some hairline cracks around various parts of the case, but nothing that would be a structural issue. Keep in mind that for this early revision firmware, you can’t disable the audible click sound in software – a hardware mod to de-solder the speaker would probably be required. No PS/2 cable included.

NOTE: I won't sell you this guy unless you review detailed pics of the key wear and case damage for me. Send me your offer and I will send you high resolution images of any problem areas I find.

BSR (Datatrain) GJJ4AKEAT-1010DS - $25 OBO
Futaba, PS/2, 2KRO, Doubleshot keys
This is basically an AT-only Datatrain. The only issue is some cracking of the cord insulation near the keyboard casing.

Cherry G84-4101SPAUS - SOLD
Cherry ML, PS/2, 2KRO, Dyesub keys
This is the earlier, dyesub version without Windows keys. It is in like new condition, the keycaps are basically unworn as there was a keyboard cover installed. Both of the angle adjustment feet are there, some foam was inserted to reduce PCB flexing.

BONUS:
NCR G81-3000 keyboard housing. If you’d like, I’ll include it for free with a full-sized keyboard trade / purchase (given that I have enough room in the box to ship it).
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 March 2011, 15:03:16 by REVENGE »
◕ ‿ ◕

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
(or trade) A Bunch of Mechanicals (Cherry, Kinesis, Northgate, BSR)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 13 March 2011, 18:28:04 »
PM sent on the last one (Cherry G84-4101SPAUS).  Thanks!
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline calavera

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 13 March 2011, 20:12:52 »
not to be a ****, but how's this different from an auction? I'm not saying auction is not allowed here (I don't see why it should be though as it is forbidden in practically all the forums I go to) but wouldn't it be better just to state an asking price instead? Someone might not know the value of something and possibly lowball.

Offline gilgam

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 11:22:38 »
I say
10 $ on the Cherry G80-8200LUBUS

i'm right ?
Realforce 105 FR, HHKB Pro 2 black, 1 Raptor K1 Black Cherry and 1 Raptor K1 Red Cherry , Compag MX 11800  tBrown Cherry, G80-3000 Clear Cherry , G80-1000 Blue Cherry / Ghetto red, Lexmark 1992 SSK Buckling spring, Unicomp 2011 Customizer 102 Buckling spring
and a few rubber dome/scissors keyboards from Apple/Logitech

Offline REVENGE

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 15:14:07 »
Quote from: calavera;311312
not to be a ****, but how's this different from an auction? I'm not saying auction is not allowed here (I don't see why it should be though as it is forbidden in practically all the forums I go to) but wouldn't it be better just to state an asking price instead? Someone might not know the value of something and possibly lowball.

Oh ok. Well let me fix that then.

Quote from: gilgam;311553
I say
10 $ on the Cherry G80-8200LUBUS

i'm right ?

Sure. I'd pay $10 + $60 shipping for it too.
◕ ‿ ◕

Offline pikapika

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 18:04:03 »
hi, which kind of cable is needed for the kinesis ?
thanks

Offline REVENGE

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 05:36:08 »
Quote from: pikapika;312341
hi, which kind of cable is needed for the kinesis ?
thanks

Standard 6 pin PS/2 cable.
◕ ‿ ◕

Offline SmokinWaffle

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 07:33:41 »
I've got dibs on the Kinesis!

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 08:00:56 »
Interested in the Datatrain and the NCR case. What type of stuff are you looking for? I would prefer to trade rather than buy. Also I am in Germany, do you even ship here? :D

Offline REVENGE

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 17:21:02 »
Quote from: sixty;312609
Interested in the Datatrain and the NCR case. What type of stuff are you looking for? I would prefer to trade rather than buy. Also I am in Germany, do you even ship here? :D
I'm willing to ship anywhere depending on your transaction reputation. Also, smokin still has dibs on the Kinesis and laden has dibs on the BSR until I can get them some quotes. :cool:

Sixty, send me your offer anyways, I'm looking for compact boards with clicky-tactile switches for trade.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 March 2011, 17:24:15 by REVENGE »
◕ ‿ ◕

Offline pikapika

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 18 March 2011, 06:50:59 »
i'm very interested in the kinesis after smokinwaffle

Offline REVENGE

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 18 March 2011, 17:54:11 »
I'm very sorry about the lack of activity in the past two days. Paper due tonight means keyboard activity will have to get pushed to this weekend, don't think I've forgotten about you guys!

Also, there will be another Kinesis available for sale shortly. Smokin will still have first choice between the two, they differ only by the condition they are in.
◕ ‿ ◕

Offline jfaulken

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 23 March 2011, 00:02:59 »
I guess 'thirdsies' on one of the Kinesiseses?  If smokinwaffle and pikapika fall through :)
SIIG Mechanical
Filco Tenkeyless Cherry MX Blues
Poker MX Brown (not here yet FFFFUUUU)
Leopold FC200R Cherry MX Browns (not here yet either)

Offline REVENGE

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 02:50:04 »
Here's the deal: if Smokin doesn't get back to me by Monday, both the older Kinesis that's listed above AND another one with almost no wear will go up for sale. They'll be re-listed with better pics in the original post. If interested, send me a PM at that time, no need to reply to this thread.
◕ ‿ ◕

Offline REVENGE

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 28 March 2011, 14:59:58 »
Update: Kinesis still tentatively held for Smokin while he works out some computer problems. The G80-8200LUBUS has been given a price drop.
◕ ‿ ◕