Author Topic: Osaba Bin Laden has been killed?  (Read 14407 times)

Offline guilleguillaume

Osaba Bin Laden has been killed?
« on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 22:23:40 »

Offline panda-R

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 22:26:04 »
It's true, they poisoned his daily rations of bacon.
DO YOU FEEL THE BEAT? I DO.
One Keyboard to DOOM them all, REALFORCE.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 22:27:24 »
US President was supposed to speak a live announcement nearly 60 minutes ago on a "National Security Issue." US needs to get it's cookies alla in a row before they go public. BBC Radio reports Osama Bin Laden was killed "by US Personnel" by "an American Asset" in a mansion near Islamabad (Pakistan), so there may be issues of toe-stepping. If it wasn't a drone, and it wasn't sanctioned by the Pakistantis, then it could be considered an Act of War.

Not that good old George W didn't cover that base 10 years ago, by declaring war on a strategy. Silly Pakistanis. USA told you we were gunning for Osama.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 May 2011, 22:31:50 by ricercar »
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 22:32:54 »
Yeah, we always want to catch them alive so we can kill them after a fair trial. It's the American way. Ask Saddam Hussein.

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 22:37:04 »
He's talking right now.

Offline audioave10

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 22:52:10 »
Well...they finally got him without an expensive trial.
DECK Legend "Toxic" - SOLD
96 IBM Model M 82G2383- 95 IBM Model M 92G7453 - SOLD
Cherry G80-3000/Blues
new: MechanicalEagle Z77 RGB/Blues

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 22:59:41 »
I find it fascinating that they found Bin Laden in east Pakistan, considering the controversial drones are operating in west Pakistan.

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 23:06:23 »
So have USA realy bravely murdered one more person?
So I should add something useless here yes? Ok, ok...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 23:15:45 »
Quote from: ripster;340127
Obama authorized it so it's not murder.  It's like banning trolls.

Ah, that explains everything...

Hmm, so when do they solve rest of this terrorist bussiness and can get rid of TSA and homeland security?
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline Son of Gnome

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 23:16:58 »
im happy he is dead but this is not the end of the war he has someone to take over for him. Oh yeah and the anti muslim comments all over the internet are really annoying for someone with muslim family members like me.

Offline Son of Gnome

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 23:18:41 »
ripster im american...

Offline Multiple

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 23:20:02 »
Quote from: Ekaros;340126
So have USA realy bravely murdered one more person?

Maybe, maybe not...

He might enjoy the pinacoladas at some CIA safe house, for all we know.

Being a CIA agent, retirement perks ought to be substantional.

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 23:21:19 »
Quote from: Son of Gnome;340130
im happy he is dead but this is not the end of the war he has someone to take over for him. Oh yeah and the anti muslim comments all over the internet are really annoying for someone with muslim family members like me.

True, there is lot more out there and more will come after him... It's a long way to go, if done wrong way...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 23:22:00 »
Quote from: Multiple;340134
Maybe, maybe not...

He might enjoy the pinacoladas at some CIA safe house, for all we know.

Being a CIA agent, retirement perks ought to be substantional.

Wasn't he friend of Bush-family?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
    • John Savard's Home Page
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 23:24:29 »
Quote from: ricercar;340116
BBC Radio reports Osama Bin Laden was killed "by US Personnel" by "an American Asset" in a mansion near Islamabad (Pakistan), so there may be issues of toe-stepping. If it wasn't a drone, and it wasn't sanctioned by the Pakistantis, then it could be considered an Act of War.
It is true that the U.S. is claiming to have Osama bin Laden's body, which would seem to indicate it's not just a drone.

If he was in a mansion near Islamabad, and not a tent or a cave in the middle of the inaccessible hills of Pakistan, this implies there has been collusion, perhaps by elements in the Pakistani military or intelligence services. Even if this is not the case, for Pakistan to be... overly concerned about its sovereignty in relation to dealing with someone who killed thousands of innocent Americans out of the blue one morning... it might play well with forces hostile to America in the UN, but it would not play well with the American people.

I mean, if Pakistan wants a war, it can get one, but it wouldn't last very long.

Offline Multiple

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 23:31:07 »
Quote from: Ekaros;340138

That's what they say.

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 23:47:55 »
Did you see that? : http://www.indianexpress.com/news/alqaeda-threatens-nuclear-hellstorm-if-osama-is-caught-or-killed/780992/

Don't know if we can trust this source but doesn't sound good to me to have those mad terrorists saying things like that.

Offline kill will

• http://www.jerseyshoredailies.com
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 01 May 2011, 23:56:09 »
osama bin laden never existed.
I <3 BS

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 00:23:16 »
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

PUNCH THE KEYS FOR GOD\'S SAKE!

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 00:31:14 »
TerrorSim? Never heard of it... Must be American idea ;D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Son of Gnome

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 01:41:06 »
Quote from: Ekaros;340137
True, there is lot more out there and more will come after him... It's a long way to go, if done wrong way...

i believe it was either him or Hussein. Michel Moore addresses the issue incredibly in his film Fahrenheit 911.

Offline vils

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 01:58:22 »
Quote from: guilleguillaume;340112

Good news!
Guilleguillaume, I hope you recovers from your cold soon ;)
It\'s the glass pipe fallacy. You can only believe that if you\'re on crack.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 02:59:16 »

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 03:11:05 »
Quote from: Ekaros;340138
There are connections between Bush and the larger Bin-Laden family, yes .. That family is one of the richest and most influential families in Saudi-Arabia.
Osama Bin Laden was cast out from the main Bin-Laden family a long time ago.

Quote from: ripster;340139
Show Image
There are linguists who claim that the Quran was actually written in a dialect of Arabic that was heavily influenced by Arameic. Their reasoning is that there are certain passages in the Quran that don't make perfect sense in pure arabic .. but which are perfectly reasonable when certain words are interpreted as Arameic.

One of these passages is the one about the virgins. In Arabic/Arameic, it instead promises that the deceased will be given white grapes to eat.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 May 2011, 03:15:51 by Findecanor »
🍉

Offline vils

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 03:13:06 »
A Fox news typo:

Offline Half-Saint

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 03:35:34 »
Look, he's showing us his O-face!
IBM Model M (6) - Acer Alcatel 6312-KW - IBM Model M Space Saver - IBM Model M 122-key - Cherry G80-3000 (2) - IBM Model F AT - TG3 BL82A (2)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline What is X?

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 03:36:15 »
i love how christians rag on islam when their religion is no more substantiated :lol:

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 04:54:10 »
Quote from: audioave10;340124
Well...they finally got him without an expensive trial.

LoL - Do you think the 10 years of resources mobilization leading to this was cheap?

Anyway, I suspect they knew were he was for quite a while. The final conclusion was probably timed to produce the maximum political impact.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline vils

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 05:05:12 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;340216
Anyway, I suspect they knew were he was for quite a while. The final conclusion was probably timed to produce the maximum political impact.
I don't belive that. Osama has slipped the net before  and I belive that when they knew his whereabouts they hitted as soon as possible.
For Obama the political risks of delaying an operation for short time political gains would have been to great.
If Obama had postponed an operation and Osama had got away it's absolutley certain that someone in intelligence would have leaked that info to the press. Goodbye to re re-election would have been a minor set-back in Obamas agenda.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 05:58:41 »
Quote from: vils;340200
A Fox news typo:
Show Image

Considering that it was Fox News ... I would think it is more of a Freudian slip than a typo.
🍉

Offline vils

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 06:14:50 »
NYPost summarizes my feelings:

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 06:21:08 »
Quote from: What is X?;340202
i love how christians rag on islam when their religion is no more substantiated :lol:

That's bull****. Do you ever hear of "radical christians" suicide bombing hundred of people? Didn't think so.

Edit: I think it's funny how Ekaros criticizes USA foreign policy regarding terrorism, yet lives in a country that no terrorist would EVER want to attack. Why? Because it's too f***ing cold!!!

And also because weirdos like Ekaros live there.

P.S. I dunno about anyone else but I'm in doubt that this actually happened...

Pic of Obama holding up Osama's severed head or it didn't happen!!
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 May 2011, 06:43:47 by keyboardlover »

Offline IanM

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 07:15:44 »
Nice how these threads bring out the best in casual racism, jingoism and conspiracy theories :lol:

Quote from: keyboardlover;340230
That's bull****. Do you ever hear of  "radical christians" suicide bombing hundred of people? Didn't think so.
Nah, they just bomb abortion clinics, persecute homosexuals and commit the occasional genocide

P.S. I dunno about anyone else but I'm in doubt that this actually happened...
They must believe they got Bin Laden (not a body double) in order to make the statement, even the stupidest politician will realise that they will look very stupid if Bin Laden appears on Al Jazeera in a day or two holding up a current newspaper or something  to prove that he is still alive

Offline Lanx

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 07:19:57 »
Quote from: IanM;340241
Nah, they just bomb abortion clinics, persecute homosexuals and commit the occasional genocide
I agree, now we go after the crazy christians and terrorism will finally be over!

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 07:20:06 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;340216
So they made sure that the Canadian politicians would have to wait an extra day before commenting on it?

Obama did what needed to be done. Yes, it will help his approval ratings, but it would be ridiculous to say this is why he did it.

From his speech, we see that the Pakistani government does not object to what happened.

Since Abbotabad is rather close to Islamabad (but still, unlike Islamabad, in the North-West Frontier province), and since Osama was found in a mansion, I presume that others involved have been killed or captured - and Pakistan will be dealing with those who colluded with Osama.

It may even be that an assassination attempt will be made on Zardari. There could even be civil war in Pakistan - but hopefully Pakistan will weather the storms ahead.

Quote from: Son of Gnome;340130
Oh yeah and the anti muslim comments all over the internet are really annoying for someone with muslim family members like me.
Think of how Obama must feel.

Seriously, though, while Obama was very correct in saying that the United States is not, and never will be, at war with Islam, many in the Islamic world may have their doubts.

Of course the United States will never be at war with people because they worship on a different day of the week, read from different scriptures, or pray to God by a different name. Religion, though, tells people what is right or wrong - it influences their actions. And people who do what we think is wrong could run afoul of us.

Look at the blasphemy law in Pakistan, which many feel has been used to persecute the small Christian minority in Pakistan. The Coptic Christian minority in Egypt, Maronite Christians in Lebanon, minority Christians in some areas of Nigeria and Indonesia - they have faced persecution, discrimination, and violence. While history shows the United States is not about to go on a crusade to protect minorities everywhere - it has its own imperfect history - this does place some Muslim parts of the world at risk of being viewed as supportive of the same ideas as the terrorists, and it also goes far to explaining why the U.S. supports Israel - when from another point of view, it's a country built on stolen land.

But then so is the United States.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 May 2011, 07:31:35 by quadibloc »

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 07:22:11 »
Edit: I think it's funny how Ekaros criticizes USA foreign policy regarding terrorism, yet lives in a country that no terrorist would EVER want to attack. Why? Because it's too f***ing cold!!!

Amongst others.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 07:46:13 »
All the dumbass Christianity haters in this thread can get ****ed. Your intolerance of religion is the root of terrorism.

People who commit acts of terror are not true Christians so don't blame the religion, dumbass.

Offline curzen

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 07:55:39 »
nah I think people taking religion too seriously is the root of terrorism
[ KBC Poker ]

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 07:58:35 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;340249
All the dumbass Christianity haters in this thread can get ****ed. Your intolerance of religion is the root of terrorism.

People who commit acts of terror are not true Christians so don't blame the religion, dumbass.

Yeah, true Christians call people dumbasses and tell them to get ****ed.
You better read your Bible again. I think somewhere in there it says something like "... and Jesus said, 'He that believeth in me, though he were a dumbass, yet shall he not get ****ed.'"

Offline Lanx

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 07:59:05 »
Quote from: curzen;340253
nah I think people taking religion too seriously is the root of terrorism

This is true, dying for 72 virgins is no different than dying for the pope to absolve your sins by initiating a crusade 6x over (how many were there?)

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 08:19:16 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;340249
People who commit acts of terror are not true Christians
And perhaps they're not true Muslims either.

But in mediaeval Europe, it was easy enough for groups of evil men to travel from village to village with impunity, and get villagers riled up to murder innocent people accused of witchcraft. In Nigeria today, it's easy enough for evil men to rile up Muslims and get them to commit mob violence against nearby Christians.

Whoever the "true Christians" may be, as recently as... say, 1920... the professing Christians that one actually found were often a menace to those who were in some way "different", for example, hounding those who tried to help the people of the working class avoid being burdened by a constant influx of children beyond their ability to support.

Quote from: Lanx;340257
to absolve your sins by initiating a crusade 6x over (how many were there?)
Apparently, there were nine principal crusades, plus the crusade against the Albigensians, which had nothing to do with the Muslim world, and the ineffective Children's Crusade.

However, while the Crusades were not provoked by a proximate cause, they did follow previous Islamic aggression against Christian Europe.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 May 2011, 08:22:56 by quadibloc »

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 08:27:08 »
Most efficient way to end suicide bommers is to give real weapons to them...

Still, has those christians ever realy followed what Jesus did say? Don't think so...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 08:43:51 »
Quote from: Ekaros;340263
Still, has those christians ever realy followed what Jesus did say? Don't think so...

As we are all humans, not a single one of us is perfect. Good Christians try to follow Christ's example as best they can.

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 08:55:16 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;340271
As we are all humans, not a single one of us is perfect. Good Christians try to follow Christ's example as best they can.

Revenge is not a Christian thing.
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline dracaXL

• http://www.technickal.org
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 09:11:37 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;340271

Man, it's very easy to say, 'true Christian's don't commit terrorism' despite the absolute belief members of the National Liberation Front of Tripura in India, the IRA in Ireland, the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda, anti-abortionists in the USA (see Scott Roeder) etc etc. The fact of the matter is, these people are enabled and encouraged by the absolutist approach their religion provides them - either you're with them, or you're against them. Telling people on a discussion forum who dislike Christianity (due to its enabling power for such atrocities - indeed, religion in general) to 'get ****ed' is actually a great insight into religion's divisive capacity. You wouldn't tell someone who didn't like the same music or films as yourself to '**** off' would you?
Filco Majestouch Linear (i.e. MX Blacks) | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns) | TVS Gold Bharat (MX Blue) | VorTex KBC Poker* (MX Red)

Intel Core i7-2600k | Gainward GTX 580 GOOD | 8GB XMS3 DDR3 RAM | Gigabyte P67-UD4 | Asus Xonar Essence ST | NZXT Phantom | KRK RP5 G2 w. Wharfedale SW150

*pre-ordered

Offline dracaXL

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 09:17:05 »
Quote from: mr_a500;340256
Yeah, true Christians call people dumbasses and tell them to get ****ed.
You better read your Bible again. I think somewhere in there it says something like "... and Jesus said, 'He that believeth in me, though he were a dumbass, yet shall he not get ****ed.'"

Haha, yeah, I believe that passage is from Delusions 13:37. :D
Filco Majestouch Linear (i.e. MX Blacks) | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns) | TVS Gold Bharat (MX Blue) | VorTex KBC Poker* (MX Red)

Intel Core i7-2600k | Gainward GTX 580 GOOD | 8GB XMS3 DDR3 RAM | Gigabyte P67-UD4 | Asus Xonar Essence ST | NZXT Phantom | KRK RP5 G2 w. Wharfedale SW150

*pre-ordered

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 09:18:42 »

Offline dracaXL

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 09:22:38 »
Quote from: mr_a500;340287

Was actually in support of your statement (Delusions being characteristic of religion in general)

*pre-ordered

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 09:24:35 »
I know. I just thought this thread needed a "shut up". :wink: