Author Topic: (FPS) PC gaming vs console  (Read 19308 times)

Offline Zamorph

(FPS) PC gaming vs console
« on: Mon, 16 May 2011, 21:20:35 »
Just wondering how geekhack felt about FPS games on the PC vs console.  Is PC fps gaming dead? (aside from lans :P)  The lack of good servers on games makes me upset for PC

Offline BaconKnight

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 16 May 2011, 21:33:05 »
I actually came up on the opposite side of the tracks than most here I assume in that my first FPS experiences came from console, all the way back from Goldeneye to Halo to now. Wasn't into PC gaming back then as I was too young to really know even how to get started. So I'm perfectly content playing on dual analog sticks, for particular types of games like Halo where the action is purposely slowed down so twitch doesn't matter, that's fine. And for Call of Duty games, aim assist factors so heavily, and it's a pretty mindless (imo) shooter anyway, precision is whatevers.

That being said, there are several shooters I play now on the PC that I freaking love and cannot imagine playing on a console. Namely Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Team Fortress 2. Play those, especially Bad Company 2, a ton, and those are games where I feel is best served on PC. But I do see your point that unlike several years ago where FPS gaming was either PC or go home, most companies largely view the console as their primary market and PC as their port. Kinda disappointing but I don't mind too much as long as I have my BC2 and TF2. And Battlefield 3 looks to be another good looking PC shooter so I got that to look forward too.
Leopold FC200RC/AB
Noppoo Choc Mini
TG3 Data911
Cherry G80-8113LRCUS
IBM Model M 1391401
SIIG Minitouch 1903
Dell AT101W GYUM90SK

Image Gallery

Offline RAICHU

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 16 May 2011, 22:01:27 »
I too came from playing a lot of console games, I had all most of the systems in the 90's lol. My first FPS game that got me hooked was Battlefield 2.

There are plenty of servers in the FPS games that I play. I know Minecraft technically isn't a FPS, but it is in first person, and there are tons of servers for that. Most FPS games I play on the PC are like Counter-Strike: Source, Counter-Strike 1.6, Battlefield 2, Team Fortress 2, and Left 4 Dead 2.  I am looking forward to Battlefield 3 as well. Then there are the third person games where it feels much more natural to use on a controller like Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed or Grand Theft Auto.

I don't think PC gaming is dying at all. I think it's actually growing, seeing how computers are getting more affordable. I like the fact that a majority of the games I play are on the PC, and a lot of the ported games from consoles can also be played on PC.
Rosewill RK-9000RE (Daily Driver) Filco Majestouch 1 Fullsize    [strike]Noppoo Choc Mini[/strike]     [strike]Leopold Tenkeyless[/strike]     [strike]Noppoo Choc Mini[/strike] [/B]

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 16 May 2011, 22:14:14 »
lawl at console fps.

that is all
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline Lanx

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 00:35:08 »
For geek hackers who have refined tastes in keyboards and subsequently mice(I assume they go hand in hand) as well, how could anyone vote console fps?

Offline BaconKnight

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 01:40:20 »
I don't think anyone here is saying console is a better platform for FPS than PC. I also don't think this is a poll either but that's beside the point. :bump2:

Nothing beats a good mouse and keyboard for traditional FPS shooters. I have Orange Box on both PC and 360 and when I went back to try TF2 on 360 for giggles, couldn't stand it, felt so unresponsive. I also LOL'd at the lack of hats.

Conversely, I also don't subscribe the belief that you can't have a good FPS experience with a controller. As I mentioned earlier, Halo's gameplay is specifically designed around the controller with a slower pace and shield/armor mechanic and that's a game where the experience wouldn't be enhanced by a mouse and keyboard. And trust me, I played Halo 1 PC. :-(

"Arcadey" modern shooters like Call of Duty or Medal of Honor are a wash for me. The pace of those games are so quick with 3 bullet or less kills and snap to aim down the sights that I really don't care whether I play those on 360 or PC. Well I take that back, even in those game, I'll admit the PC control interface is better, but it's not such a huge deal where I can't play it on 360. In fact since most of my friends play on the 360, that's the one I play on for those types of games.

Now if we're talking about old school twitch shooters like Quake or Unreal Tourney, then yeah, controllers are garbage for those types of games. But times have changed and aside from a niche audience, gamers have mostly moved beyond that type of game, including me, although maybe I'm just getting too old to keep up. :lol:

P.S. Just wanna remind everyone, Bad Company 2 on the PC is my go to favorite FPS game right now so don't worry, I fly the keyboard and mouse flag high. Just wanted to share my thoughts that controllers aren't so bad. Especially if we're going beyond FPS shooters. Even on PC, if it's a third person game like Assassin's Creed, I'll plug a controller in, M&Kboard feels weird. 3rd person shooters, it depends. If it's more shooter focused, M&K, if it's more traversal style like GTAIV, controller.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 May 2011, 01:44:42 by BaconKnight »
Leopold FC200RC/AB
Noppoo Choc Mini
TG3 Data911
Cherry G80-8113LRCUS
IBM Model M 1391401
SIIG Minitouch 1903
Dell AT101W GYUM90SK

Image Gallery

Offline Slarg

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 02:58:28 »
PC FPS is the stuff.
mods, custom maps, SDK, etc.
console tweaks (as in ingame console commands)
screenshots (pointless but fun)
Dedicated servers (not all the time sadly)
one more word : Minecraft. (not sure if truely classified as FPS, well you shoot arrows in first person!)

Offline Zamorph

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 07:52:48 »
It seems that the great games, like quake, bf2, cs, tf2 are the "pc" games where as cod and others are more console games.  I just wish that PC was even on terms of servers with consoles b/c maby more people would play PC, like someone said, pcs are more affordable now.

Shrug, I have the xbox, but I love gaming on my pc.  The yearly fee, even though small, adds up... I have been paying for xbox for 6 years now and idk if i got my moneys worth :P

Offline Lanx

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 10:45:00 »
I personally cannot stand studio ghibli animation, looks like upscaled 80's animation imo, bones, xebec, gonzo, jcstaff, pierrot have nicer animation, doesn't mean they produce good animes tho, but that could be just storyboarding or whatever (in the case of gonzo, good animation, horrible implementation).

Offline audioave10

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 11:01:05 »
PC is all I know, so my decision is easy.
DECK Legend "Toxic" - SOLD
96 IBM Model M 82G2383- 95 IBM Model M 92G7453 - SOLD
Cherry G80-3000/Blues
new: MechanicalEagle Z77 RGB/Blues

Offline Mazora

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 11:46:23 »
Quote from: noodles256;347317
lawl at console fps.

that is all

+1
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW

Offline Twitchy

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 13:06:12 »
I hesitate to say this on a keyboard enthusiast forum but in my opinion mouse and keyboard only has one advantage over a console controller and that's the mouse. Mouse aim is great on a PC FPS but for everything else (assuming that you don't need to bind about fifty keys) I would go with a controller (wired xbox 360).
Stuff
Filco Majestouch FKBN88M/UKB2
Topre Realforce 91UBY
Razer Imperator + Razer Vespula[/COLOR]

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 20:01:39 »
fps on console fail. if they were so good all of them would have cross platform competitive play. have you ever noticed on the ones that do, all you hear is console kids crying about getting insta killed by pc gamers? the only games i have ever played that i prefer a control system other than keyboard / mouse are driving / flying sims. and here i don't want a controller pad, but a proper wheel / joystick + pedals set up. the only games i think are suited to game pads are fighting games like mortal kombat etc. and possibly old school side scrollers.

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 20:13:11 »
Quote from: Twitchy;347588
I hesitate to say this on a keyboard enthusiast forum but in my opinion mouse and keyboard only has one advantage over a console controller and that's the mouse. Mouse aim is great on a PC FPS but for everything else (assuming that you don't need to bind about fifty keys) I would go with a controller (wired xbox 360).

In a way yes though now with higher end keyboards it's gone back to the keyboard. Here's a thread that I posted in Joy/Mouse or Joy/trackball setups or HOTAS/Mouse/ball

As for mouse the reason as to why it's so much better can be expressed ad nauseum.

This video of the Xim3 says it all especially the guy over voice chat.

The only reason they can keep up with him is because of the soft-aim/lock(auto-aim) and it's the video is even more hilarious for the fact that the xbox doesn't do a 1:1 translation(low polling rate, translation, etc.etc.) so in reality the mouse is being used only at maybe 70-80% of it's full capacity.

Offline curzen

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 20:17:49 »
While I have a PS3 hooked up in the living room I plan on playing RAGE on my to be completed new PC when it's released this fall. Plus SWTOR won't be on consoles and I like to keep my most played games all on one system if possible.
[ KBC Poker ]

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 20:45:01 »
we get two free games for the ps3 blackout ripster!
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline curzen

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 20:52:37 »
Age of Empires Online will be f2p. I'll waste some time with that I think.
[ KBC Poker ]

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 20:59:44 »
Quote from: ripster;347766
ANOTHER reason PC Gaming is dead.

Microsoft and Intel would never give anything away free.

What ones should I get?

Little Big Planet and Infamous?

those were actually my choices lol.

Little big planet for my g/f, she wanted it

infamous for me
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline audioave10

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 18 May 2011, 09:32:31 »
I didn't care that LA Noire did not port to the PC. I would love to see Red Dead Redemption however (don't think it will happen).
Old guys play new PC games also. There are a bunch of them this year.
Cherry G80-3000/Blues

Offline BaconKnight

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 19 May 2011, 00:08:52 »
Infamous is the clear pick out of that list imo. That was a good game, even if I never finished it (I have a hard time finishing open world games in general).

Also I agree with the point that PC exclusives I think are gonna go down year by year (although as I say that, Witcher 2 just came out) but to me, the benefit of the PC is that a lot of console games are heading there and usually end up being cheaper so in a sense, there's less console exclusive games too. I'll admit there's way more console exclusive games than PC exclusive ones, but it's getting better. Plus there are some developers that go multiplatform but it's clear the PC version is the one to get (Valve).
Leopold FC200RC/AB
Noppoo Choc Mini
TG3 Data911
Cherry G80-8113LRCUS
IBM Model M 1391401
SIIG Minitouch 1903
Dell AT101W GYUM90SK

Image Gallery

Offline audioave10

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 19 May 2011, 01:32:02 »
Portal 2
Skyrim
Dragon Age II
Crysis 2
Diablo III
Brink
Mass Effect 3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Guild Wars 2
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Star Wars: The Old Republic
The Witcher 2
Dead Island
Shogun 2: Total War
Assasin's Creed: Brotherhood
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
Dead Space 2
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Bulletstorm
Two Worlds II
Darkspore
Section 8: Prejudice
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword
Hydrophobia Prophecy
Homefront
Sanctum
Cities in Motion
Monday Night Combat
Battlefield: Bad Company 3
Duke Nukem
Fable III
The First Templar

I did not list platform or Strategy games...all 2011.
The next Metro game may be 2012 along with Stalker 2.

It ain't quite dead yet but I'm sure they will pump out twice as many on consoles.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 May 2011, 01:34:09 by audioave10 »
Cherry G80-3000/Blues

Offline BaconKnight

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 19 May 2011, 01:50:36 »
I think the counter argument is 3/4ths of those are available on consoles. Of those left, a couple are MMOs or strategy games (games where the genre dictates the platform), a couple are lower budget games (Amnesia, First Templar) which might be great, but have some jank in em, and one of em is Two Worlds II which I don't think I have to further expand on. :lol: Although that does still leave you with Diablo 3 which can redeem that list single handedly, hopefully.

Like I said though, I don't mind games being multiplatform, as long as there's a PC version I can play in high res.
Leopold FC200RC/AB
Noppoo Choc Mini
TG3 Data911
Cherry G80-8113LRCUS
IBM Model M 1391401
SIIG Minitouch 1903
Dell AT101W GYUM90SK

Image Gallery

Offline audioave10

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 19 May 2011, 09:33:09 »
Do you work for Sony?
Do you know how evil they are?
Anyway...glad that your so very happy with your Playstation.
Cherry G80-3000/Blues

Offline audioave10

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 19 May 2011, 09:46:50 »
I didn't quite go there. Seems the larger they are, the more potential for greed anyway.
I forgot...Serious Sam 3 & Rage. At least we are still getting many ports.
Cherry G80-3000/Blues

Offline kpeezy

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 19 May 2011, 10:40:28 »
LOL, I hope people are trolling with any PC gaming = dead comments. Pure ignorance if that's not the case. I'm used to seeing these kinds of threads getting slammed on NeoGAF. A reminder of how good of a gaming forum that place is.

Quote from: ripster;347757
I refuse to buy a PC game until I can figure out how to get audiophile quality 7.1 sound without these damn Creative drivers.

This is definitely a joke, right? This thread has clouded my judgement.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 15:41:26 »
Quote from: ripster;347738
BWAHAHAHA - Guess What I'm Playing Right Now!!!!

You were playing Geekhack, the forum.

Quote from: audioave10;348470
Do you work for Sony?
Do you know how evil they are?

No I don't know, and I have an interview with Sony next week. How evil are Sony? I mean, other than the hacking database incompetency thing.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 May 2011, 15:43:47 by ricercar »
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 15:50:54 »
sony backwards spells evil
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 16:22:47 »
you should get the asus soundcard. I forgot the specifics of it, but my friend has it and it blows the creative titanium diamond x-fi-headfi-.org card out of the water
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 16:30:46 »
I asked my friend and he told it was the ASUS Xonar essence stx w/ virtual 7.1
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline BababooeyHTJ

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 20:26:52 »
Quote from: Twitchy;347588

How do you switch weapons on the fly with a controller? Scroll through each one?

Offline BaconKnight

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 20:50:55 »
Quote from: BababooeyHTJ;349249
How do you switch weapons on the fly with a controller? Scroll through each one?

It's called modern shooter game design where they only allow you to carry two guns anyway. Or 4 at the max and mapped to the dpad. :-)
Leopold FC200RC/AB
Noppoo Choc Mini
TG3 Data911
Cherry G80-8113LRCUS
IBM Model M 1391401
SIIG Minitouch 1903
Dell AT101W GYUM90SK

Image Gallery

Offline BababooeyHTJ

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 21:20:37 »
Quote from: BaconKnight;349261
It's called modern shooter game design where they only allow you to carry two guns anyway. Or 4 at the max and mapped to the dpad. :-)

I like to play a variety of games. I get bored of the COD clones. I know that Serious Sam would bug the crap out of me. HL2 would bother me, UT3, GTA4, etc.

Offline audioave10

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 22:55:05 »
If its a game, I want to shoot him first. Then, we can sit around and wonder if he was lying or not. (yes, I'm old school)
Cherry G80-3000/Blues

Offline BaconKnight

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 23:17:24 »
Quote from: BababooeyHTJ;349269
I like to play a variety of games. I get bored of the COD clones. I know that Serious Sam would bug the crap out of me. HL2 would bother me, UT3, GTA4, etc.

Good games but I don't know how you can enjoy GTA4's driving with a keyboard. Considering shooting isn't GTA4's strong suit anyway, I greatly prefer the controller. That being said, I played Saint's Row 2 with mouse and keyboard because the shooting mechanics were actually good.
Leopold FC200RC/AB
Noppoo Choc Mini
TG3 Data911
Cherry G80-8113LRCUS
IBM Model M 1391401
SIIG Minitouch 1903
Dell AT101W GYUM90SK

Image Gallery

Offline audioave10

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 00:16:07 »
Somewhat suprisingly, since all I've ever known is a keyboard, I drive with it in GTA4 with no problem at all. I'm probably tap-tapping like crazy, but it just works good for me. If you have consoles, however, you would think I was crazy. I play it alot for fun. Blowing up Police cars with grenades is fun!
Cherry G80-3000/Blues

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 00:17:37 »
consolez ftw,  i love call of duty black opz. I iz super pro at is with my controller zaurz. It's modded cuz I iz extra l33t
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline BaconKnight

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 01:11:41 »
Leopold FC200RC/AB
Noppoo Choc Mini
TG3 Data911
Cherry G80-8113LRCUS
IBM Model M 1391401
SIIG Minitouch 1903
Dell AT101W GYUM90SK

Image Gallery

Offline Lanx

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 01:38:57 »
what's stopping you fps competitive console guys from just buying that adapter that lets you use a keyboard and mouse? I mean if you were really competitive you wouldn't just stop at modding a few analogue nobs on a controller or doing some double fire, you'd just get that adapter for a mouse and keyboard and that would beat any wussy controller mod.
I'll always go by the notion that an average keyboard/mouse fps player will beat 98% of all controller fps players.

Offline BaconKnight

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 02:22:01 »
Because that would be cheating? No one has said a controller is better at FPS than a mouse and keyboard, it's common knowledge at this point. I find it funny that so many PC gamers seem to need to always remind people of this when no one is asking.

My point I'm trying to make is playing a FPS on a controller doesn't automatically mean it's BAD. Is M&K better? Sure. But when I look at my situation for example, where I have 10 or so friends who only play COD on console and 0 who play on PC, I pick the console because I rather play with my friends and dual analog is good enough.

The thing is, I'm pretty much 90% a PC gamer at this point. Currently several hours deep into Witcher 2, last game I beat was Portal 2 on PC, before that Bulletstorm PC, Dragon Age 2 PC, Assassins Creed 2 PC, GTAIV PC, Starcraft 2 PC and mostly play SC2/Bad Company 2/Team Fortress 2/Darkspore on PC for multiplayer. Last console game I actually beat was Halo: Reach when it first launched (excellent game by the way). And I do hate ignorant comments from the console only crowd who decry PC gaming. But you know what irks me even more than that? PC gamer elitism. It's all vidgieo games. No need to turn it into a PNS measuring contest. :happy:
Leopold FC200RC/AB
Noppoo Choc Mini
TG3 Data911
Cherry G80-8113LRCUS
IBM Model M 1391401
SIIG Minitouch 1903
Dell AT101W GYUM90SK

Image Gallery

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 02:49:39 »
Quote from: Lanx;349338
what's stopping you fps competitive console guys from just buying that adapter that lets you use a keyboard and mouse? I mean if you were really competitive you wouldn't just stop at modding a few analogue nobs on a controller or doing some double fire, you'd just get that adapter for a mouse and keyboard and that would beat any wussy controller mod.
I'll always go by the notion that an average keyboard/mouse fps player will beat 98% of all controller fps players.

hey lanx, you wantz xbox 360 lanz party-zorz?

I iz graduate of grammar
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 04:35:22 »
Quote from: BaconKnight;349345
Because that would be cheating?

Quote from: Arc'xer;347744
In a way yes though now with higher end keyboards it's gone back to the keyboard. Here's a thread that I posted in Joy/Mouse or Joy/trackball setups or HOTAS/Mouse/ball

As for mouse the reason as to why it's so much better can be expressed ad nauseum.

This video of the Xim3 says it all especially the guy over voice chat.

The only reason they can keep up with him is because of the soft-aim/lock(auto-aim) and it's the video is even more hilarious for the fact that the xbox doesn't do a 1:1 translation(low polling rate, translation, etc.etc.) so in reality the mouse is being used only at maybe 70-80% of it's full capacity.

Not at all cheating for this or any other 3rd party unit for that matter

Only thing is costs of those products.

Offline BaconKnight

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 05:06:40 »
Bella the nice Xbox Support Services lady might say it's not cheating but deep down in your heart when your headshotting poor console noobs left and right, you know what's right and what's wrong. :-)
Leopold FC200RC/AB
Noppoo Choc Mini
TG3 Data911
Cherry G80-8113LRCUS
IBM Model M 1391401
SIIG Minitouch 1903
Dell AT101W GYUM90SK

Image Gallery

Offline Twitchy

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 06:38:17 »
As far as I'm aware Major League Gaming doesn't support the use of mouse and keyboard for playing Halo:Reach or Black Ops at their tournaments (even wireless controllers are banned from Halo Reach - Rule 1). So if high level players are not playing with mouse and keyboard then all you are left with is a bunch of less skilled players hoping to pay for an advantage against people who are playing for fun.

With that in mind if using xim3 or a similar device on XBL isn't yet considered cheating then it should be. Devices like that can destroy a game's online population, they put players in a position where they either buy the device themselves, get used to getting their asses kicked, or find something else to do.
Stuff
Filco Majestouch FKBN88M/UKB2
Topre Realforce 91UBY
Razer Imperator + Razer Vespula[/COLOR]

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 22 May 2011, 09:00:25 »
Quote from: Twitchy;349382
As far as I'm aware Major League Gaming doesn't support the use of mouse and keyboard for playing

No keyboard or mouse on console games... Right? Because it gives a heck of an edge.

Why console FPS make so much money - Because more people buy them.
Why hard core FPS players prefers PC - Because of the user interface (keyboard and mouse/trackball) allow far more speed, control and accuracy over joysticks.

I'll switch to consoles the day they will offer the same level of control you get with a PC.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline BababooeyHTJ

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 22 May 2011, 11:28:04 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;349788
No keyboard or mouse on console games... Right? Because it gives a heck of an edge.

Why console FPS make so much money - Because more people buy them.
Why hard core FPS players prefers PC - Because of the user interface (keyboard and mouse/trackball) allow far more speed, control and accuracy over joysticks.

I'll switch to consoles the day they will offer the same level of control you get with a PC.

If you include the ability to add mods,textures, adjust the fov, etc then you will never have the same level of control. Then there is all of the 12 year old, racist, homophobic, foul mouthed kids that you see on xbox live and probably psn that you just don't see on your average server on the pc.

I forgot about dedicated servers.

Offline audioave10

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 22 May 2011, 12:05:37 »
I expect the tough economy is having some effect on innovation. That and greedy impatient publishers.
Cherry G80-3000/Blues

Offline BababooeyHTJ

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 22 May 2011, 12:53:18 »
Quote from: ripster;349831
THAT is the problem with PC Gaming.

It's ALL 2's.

Retreads.

No innovation.

You just need to look outside of th mainstream titles.

Offline Zamorph

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 22 May 2011, 17:14:43 »
One thing that I really love about PC gaming is that you can save a lot of games to your harddrive so you dont have to worry about that scratched disk all the time :P

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 22 May 2011, 20:22:06 »
Quote from: ripster;349839
I'm looking forward to Duke Nukem on a PS3.
Show Image

I wonder what the booby rating will be?

OMG - Consistent exposure to nuclear radiation made him grow a woman hand.
I bet Duke uses that third hand when he wank.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline Lanx

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 22 May 2011, 22:33:01 »
i think the director of mad men directed the acting in la noire, (or something like that) so that's why there's a bit of mad men ppl.