Author Topic: 87U 55g  (Read 12112 times)

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
87U 55g
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 19 May 2011, 22:13:03 »
Is it too difficult to just not troll people at all?

Offline awry

• The Discerning Hobbyist
87U 55g
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 15:22:02 »
Quote from: litster;348514
awry, why the hate?  I tried, it really wasn't that hard, except it is out of stock.  That reminds me, need to add a note to the wiki about notifying the credit card company about an upcoming charge from a foreign country.

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?18182-Buying-a-RealForce-Topre-Keyboard-from-Japan&p=347894&viewfull=1#post347894

Since I tried, can I make assumptions? ;)

Cheers!

I never aimed it at you. =]

I've been there a couple of times. Getting a credit card account there is a real pain in the ass. Wait, Sorry, am I allowed to say that?
World’s Biggest Nerd and Star Wars Fan.

You can reach me here: knotnuffspace@gmail.com or @the.discerning.hobbyist on Instagram.

Old Sig below from before the 10 years hiatus and still relevant today:

It may take me one day, it may take me one week, It may take me a whole year if it slips my mind by chance, but I ALWAYS reply all my messages. Just please be patient. My work can get very busy at times. Drop me a reminder if it takes too long. Thanks guys.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
87U 55g
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 19:42:19 »
Quote from: RiGS;348774
Wow! I'm suprised that you censored yourself.

I was trying for the "incompetent debater"/"master debater" juxtaposition, but it fell into the ad hominem realm and that's just not appropriate.

People pay the big bucks for the dye sub thing, and not the PBT thing, right? That PBT argument obfuscates the real issue of why dye sub keys' asking price is so expensive; it's akin to arguing that people who buy a Model M Space Saving board are just paying too much for a mylar sheet board. They're not paying extra for the attribute you're highlighting.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 May 2011, 19:44:32 by ricercar »
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline RiGS

87U 55g
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 07:58:24 »
I think the dye sub thing just by itself doesn't have any special value over doubleshot molding. Some people prefer the feel of PBT keys.
However PBT doubleshot keys don't exist, so dye sublimation is the second best alternative to achieve a good contrast.
However I still think that a set of keycaps are not worth the price of a Realforce keyboard.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
87U 55g
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 12:21:34 »
I think the titaniums ones can justify the price
AF | Ducky YOTD |