Author Topic: Replacement spacebar?  (Read 1803 times)

Offline ladiesman2927

• 초보
Replacement spacebar?
« on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 14:27:02 »
Well.. as some of you EK leopold owner's may know, the spacebar can eventually become squeaky (as mine did 2 days ago). In order to address this problem, I placed a bit of oil into the stabilizers, which solved the squeakiness, but added the next problem that the spacebar would pop up on one end when the other end of the spacebar was pressed down. I placed a bit of tissue paper into the stabilizers in order to create a tighter insertation for the keycap, which initially worked. However, the next day I noticed that the spacebar started popping up again and when I took the spacebar keycap out, I noticed that the stabilizer slots were snapped.

The keyboard itself is fine.. I just need a new spacebar. Does anyone know where to get leopold tenkeyless spacebars without buying an entire keycap set? Sorry for the wall of text.

Oh yeah, EK warranty is not an option because I no longer have a proof of purchase..

Offline BiNiaRiS

Replacement spacebar?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 16:26:14 »
You don't have a email confirmation? A credit card statement? PayPal?

I'd push hard to just get them to cover it.

Sent from my EVO
Check out my sales thread.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
KBC w/Reds and Cherry doubleshots in imsto\'s case
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g
KMAC Titanium/Winkeyless (in the mail)

Offline DaemonRaccoon

Replacement spacebar?
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 16:27:48 »
Leopold? Unless you can find some Proof of Purchase, you're SOL.
122-Key Model F 6110345 1985-03-01 | Model M SSK 1391472 1991-01-22 | Rosewill RK-9000 v1 | KBC Poker X | Filco FKBN87M/PWE2

Offline ladiesman2927

• 초보
Replacement spacebar?
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 17:18:01 »
I've sent them an inquiry about it with my paypal receipt. I don't care about warranty I just want a spacebar replacement that I will pay for.. Hopefully I'll get it