Author Topic: The Ninja Arrived  (Read 1521 times)

Offline drsauced

The Ninja Arrived
« on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 16:18:04 »
I know, I should post in one of the other Ninja threads, but since most of those threads aren't anywhere near where they started, I just make another one.

Ninja is here!  It's dark, it's black, and it's beautiful!  I thought the MX black would be a more fitting switch type, but the MX bown is pretty damn awesome.  I've been typing on MX blues for the last few months so the browns feel really different.  I'm loving the browns again.  Geekhack.

The Ninja 104 strikes me as being a bit heavier and more solid than the MJ1 board I had awhile ago.  The sound is a very satisfying thunk.  Like the delicious sound of a severed head hitting the ground.

Keypuller is really nice.
Filco Ninja 104 Tactile w/Imsto PBT caps | Deck Legend Ice Linear | FC200RT Clear w/Danger Zone | Topre 87U 45g EK | '89 & '93 1391401 | Ping is Life

Offline canon.tk

The Ninja Arrived
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 16:27:31 »
The ninja is my 4th Filco, ugh, and it's probably my favorite to type on.  My reasoning for getting it wasn't because of the lettering fading, never been a problem for me, but because it has the best feature of an otaku board without being hard to type on in certain situations.  No lettering on the key caps means each cap has a nice smooth feel to it.  (even though I'm unlucky enough to have inconsistent keys)
Filco Majestouch 104 Cherry MX Black; Filco Majestouch 87 Ninja Cherry MX Brown; Filco Majestouch Indigo Blue 104 Cherry MX Brown; Filco Majestouch 2 104 Cherry MX Red; Leopold 87 Otaku Cherry MX Brown; Leopold 87 Cherry MX Brown; Razer Black Widow Ultimate

Offline canon.tk

The Ninja Arrived
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 17:16:33 »
They are normal Filco keys.  I don't know if it's a "coating" but a few of the keys have a rougher texture than the rest.  The A key just happens to be one of them and when I rest my pinky finger it's really noticeable.
Filco Majestouch 104 Cherry MX Black; Filco Majestouch 87 Ninja Cherry MX Brown; Filco Majestouch Indigo Blue 104 Cherry MX Brown; Filco Majestouch 2 104 Cherry MX Red; Leopold 87 Otaku Cherry MX Brown; Leopold 87 Cherry MX Brown; Razer Black Widow Ultimate

Offline Lester

The Ninja Arrived
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 17:17:58 »
Quote from: ripster;356921
Show Image

So nice looking keyboard.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
The Ninja Arrived
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 17:38:47 »
Quote from: canon.tk;356925
The ninja is my 4th Filco, ugh, and it's probably my favorite to type on.  My reasoning for getting it wasn't because of the lettering fading, never been a problem for me, but because it has the best feature of an otaku board without being hard to type on in certain situations.  No lettering on the key caps means each cap has a nice smooth feel to it.  (even though I'm unlucky enough to have inconsistent keys)

My Ninja is my 3rd (lol) and I have to agree with you 100%. Luckily, I didn't get any inconsistent keys. I already swapped my ninja caps with my brown tenkeyless, and am loving every second of it. They do have a much more satisfying sound than the stock Filco caps (for some reason), even though they shouldn't.

Offline drsauced

The Ninja Arrived
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 17:51:21 »
I have to say the Ninja is that for me too, not quite an otaku board, but still smooth keycaps.

Ah, thanks Rip, that is interesting.  I was going to mention that I seem to remember the MJ1 had quite a bit of flex in it, but the Ninja is rather inflexible.  I'll get some pro pictures and weigh it when I get home.  I don't have the MJ1 anymore, so I can't weigh both.  I will buy more keyboards.

As far as keycaps, this one seems to be a hunny, all the keycaps are nice and smooth.  The extra Win keys are pretty good, though ever so slightly rougher texture.
Filco Ninja 104 Tactile w/Imsto PBT caps | Deck Legend Ice Linear | FC200RT Clear w/Danger Zone | Topre 87U 45g EK | '89 & '93 1391401 | Ping is Life