Author Topic: What goes well with a Realfoce variable weight?  (Read 917 times)

Offline siz2rp

What goes well with a Realfoce variable weight?
« on: Mon, 13 June 2011, 10:54:27 »
I have recently bought a variable weight Realforce 86UB and am enjoying it quite a lot.  I am looking to buy a second keyboard and trying to talk myself out of buying another Realforce (specifically one of the silent variable weight Realforce 87UBs from leopold at the end of June).

The only Cherry MX keyboard I've used is an MX Black Deck Legend and I HATED it for typing - but thought it was OK for gaming (couldn't overlook its typing shortfalls for long enough to really get used to it as a gaming keyboard).

Are there any Leopold / Filco (or anything else) keyboards that would give me a remotely comparable experience to my Realforce - just close enough that I can go between the two daily without f'ing up my keypress depth and end up bottoming out every time I use the Realforce.

I was toying with the idea of either a Filco with MX Browns or a Deck Legend with clears .... or maybe something with MX Reds?  I think Blue and Black are right out for not being flexible enough.

TL;DR Version:

I use a Realforce Variable Weight 8-10 hours a day at work, what can I use at home (besides another one) to not hate my computer-using-life because I've become accustomed to Topre (and variable weighting).