Author Topic: Cherry Numpad Switch Tester  (Read 16668 times)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Cherry Numpad Switch Tester
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 19:55:24 »
Looking for Clear Stems I was hoping that since you made this you would have some extras.

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 20:01:11 »
Yes, I do have a lot of clear switches.  but I am keeping them for modding later.  Or use them to make ergo clear for one of my Phantoms.  You can get cheap used clear switches from Cherry POS keyboards on ebay.  Or you can order new clear switches from the Phantom group buy (you know that already :smile:).

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 20:02:26 »
Quote from: litster;457899
Yes, I do have a lot of clear switches.  but I am keeping them for modding later.  Or use them to make ergo clear for one of my Phantoms.  You can get cheap used clear switches from Cherry POS keyboards on ebay.  Or you can order new clear switches from the Phantom group buy (you know that already :smile:).
know any models of POS board off the top of your head that have Clears?

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 20:12:29 »
I got my from rawko who sold a lot of Cherry G80 POS keyboards with credit card reader.  At one point in the summer, rawko was selling beige color POS keyboards with either clear switches or brown switches for about $15 to $20 each plus shipping, IIRC.  You can't tell what switches a keyboard has from its model number.  A lot of buyers asked him, so at one point he listed them as "white" switch Cherry POS keyboards and "brown" Cherry POS keyboards separately.  That was when you couldn't buy new keyboard with clear or clear switches at all.  Now you can buy clear leopold and order clear switches from the Phantom group buy.  

I just looked on ebay.  Currently there are only 2 beige color Cherry POS keyboards and they are very expensive (one is new and there other looks like crap).  I would get new switches from the Phantom group buy instead.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 20:16:26 »
Quote from: litster;457907
I got my from rawko who sold a lot of Cherry G80 POS keyboards with credit card reader.  At one point in the summer, rawko was selling beige color POS keyboards with either clear switches or brown switches for about $15 to $20 each plus shipping, IIRC.  You can't tell what switches a keyboard has from its model number.  A lot of buyers asked him, so at one point he listed them as "white" switch Cherry POS keyboards and "brown" Cherry POS keyboards separately.  That was when you couldn't buy new keyboard with clear or clear switches at all.  Now you can buy clear leopold and order clear switches from the Phantom group buy.  

I just looked on ebay.  Currently there are only 2 beige color Cherry POS keyboards and they are very expensive (one is new and there other looks like crap).  I would get new switches from the Phantom group buy instead.
I already have new housings on the way for cheap and some used Blue Springs. I would love new everything but it would cost a fortune just for switches. And I would like to have my switch sooner than when the group buys switches are going out.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 20:21:28 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;457911
I already have new housings on the way for cheap and some used Blue Springs. I would love new everything but it would cost a fortune just for switches. And I would like to have my switch sooner than when the group buys switches are going out.

Have you posted a WTB in the classifieds?  Ascaii sold a stripped-down PCB with blue switches to someone for a very reasonable price recently.  You could also post on Deskthority, since I think clears are more common in Europe than they are in the US.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 20:23:45 »
Quote from: hashbaz;457914
Have you posted a WTB in the classifieds?  Ascaii sold a stripped-down PCB with blue switches to someone for a very reasonable price recently.  You could also post on Deskthority, since I think clears are more common in Europe than they are in the US.
yep posted and contacted ascaii about blue switches. I dont have a account on Deskthority so no cred on there...