Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 385843 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Saviant

  • Posts: 124
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 04 December 2011, 00:55:52 »
I have been using the Logitech G700 which I really like. The battery as mentioned isn't that good but replacing it with an eneloop and having some spare charged batteries does help. I did have the Razer mamba 2012 for less than a week but I couldn't get used to the size of it aswell as the USB connection having to be constantly disconnected from the wireless/docking station.

Offline HeavyArms

  • Posts: 119
  • Location: NoVA
  • "Lit"
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 04 December 2011, 01:14:56 »
see my review in the wiki of the Razer Abyssus.

Offline holden72

  • Posts: 2
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 04 December 2011, 04:37:54 »
OCZ Equalizer

Offline jbluzb

  • Posts: 17
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 04 December 2011, 08:39:54 »
You should get the steelseries sensei

Offline tapk69

  • Posts: 68
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 07 December 2011, 08:59:41 »
g500 or g9x.... logitech is great

Offline GeorgeStorm

  • Posts: 208
  • Location: UK
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 07 December 2011, 09:26:00 »
Currently using a CMStorm Sentinal Advance, took a while to get used to coming from my Razer Diamondback (the CMStorm is far bigger)
However I'm now really happy with it, both side buttons are easy to use, and I like the on the fly dpi settings :)
Poker with blacks
My flickr

Offline zmurf

  • Posts: 155
  • Location: Sweden
    • Cherry G803000LQC With Latest Generation Trackpoint
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 07 December 2011, 09:52:55 »
It's not my favourite mouse (since that is trackpoints)... but I managed to make my girlfriends father buy a War Mouse. And he loves it. He his about 65 years old and has actually gone in pension. But in his spare time he does some CAD work in AutoCAD for a truss manufacturer. And he adores being able to connect all those buttons to different macros. :)

I guess most of you know what the War Mouse his.. but here's a picture anyway:
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 34195[/ATTACH]
At last! A mechanical keyboard with Trackpoint of my own! Now with Hyper-Scroll! And also Ergo-Clear switches. Ohh... look... custom keys! :D

Offline tapk69

  • Posts: 68
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 07 December 2011, 14:57:16 »
thats not for gaming ... but for other purposes..

Offline zmurf

  • Posts: 155
  • Location: Sweden
    • Cherry G803000LQC With Latest Generation Trackpoint
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 08 December 2011, 06:17:32 »
Quote from: tapk69;465967
thats not for gaming ... but for other purposes..
Was that a requirement? That it was supposed to be a gaming mouse? And why wouldn't such a much be useful as a gaming mouse? I believed people who plays games like WoW and such liked thing that they can connect to game macros?
At last! A mechanical keyboard with Trackpoint of my own! Now with Hyper-Scroll! And also Ergo-Clear switches. Ohh... look... custom keys! :D

Offline iMav

  • geekhack founder
  • Location: Valley City, ND
  • "En casa del herrero, cuchillo de palo"
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 08 December 2011, 07:00:57 »
As mentioned several times, my favorite integrated pointing device is a track point and my favorite external pointing device is a trackball.  (love the Trackman Marble Wheel, but am also fond of more traditional trackballs)

Offline LukStarkiller

  • Posts: 23
  • Location: Spain
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 08 December 2011, 07:49:27 »
Since I bought the Logitech MX1000, the next one I bought was the MX1100 and now I'm using a Performance MX
(In mouses I'm a Logitech fanboy since I had the MX1000 XD)

Offline HWI

  • Posts: 122
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 16:18:52 »
New favorite mouse = CM Storm Xornet. Best shape mouse I've ever used and tracks solidly at 500dpi, also haven't had any issues with hitting its max control speed like some people do.
Bottom Out Like A Boss
Razer BWU | Ducky DK-1087 | Noppoo Choc Mini | CM Storm QFR | KBT Race

Offline HeroZero

  • Posts: 5
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #112 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 16:30:56 »
My original Logitech iFeel died a few months ago. It was a decade old and gave me many hours of gaming joy. And I never once used the rumble function; but, the rumble tech gave the mouse extra heft, which I prefer. I bought a replacement off Amazon and it will probably last another decade.

I also just recently purchased a Razer Naga. Once you get used to the slightly oddly-shaped protrusion on the right side, it's quite comfortable and accurate. So, those would be my two picks.

Offline DalaiLameR

  • Posts: 42
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 16:56:09 »
Razer Abyssus
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Model M SSK ReAlforce 88UB 45g Filco MX Blue Filco MX Red

Offline Skeese

  • Posts: 1
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 17:40:13 »
G400

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

  • Holographically Generated
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Posts: 3008
  • Location: Deep Space Nine
  • ༼ノಠل͟ಠ༽ノ ︵ ┻━┻
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 17:56:54 »
IBM TrackPoint L40 (in trackball mode) or Logitech TrackMan Wheel
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

Offline JimBobMorris

  • Posts: 51
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 18:24:18 »
Logitech MX400

I've had this mouse for almost 6 years (i think) and it's outlasted every other computer component I've ever owned (although I expect my new mech keyboards to last just as long) by far.
Leopold TKL Black w/ Cherry MX Blues | Deck 82 (Ice) w/ Cherry MX Blacks

Offline JimBobMorris

  • Posts: 51
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 18:26:28 »
Quote from: jbluzb;463844
You should get the steelseries sensei


I've read nothing but mediocre reviews on the sensei.
The fact that it's ambidextrous lends to it not being super comfortable for either right handed users or left handed users.
I don't know how someone can justify spending ~$100 on a mediocre mouse...
Leopold TKL Black w/ Cherry MX Blues | Deck 82 (Ice) w/ Cherry MX Blacks

Offline Wat

  • Posts: 3
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 20:47:04 »
G500

Offline RamaBot

  • Posts: 57
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 06:50:43 »
Quote from: JimBobMorris;468488
I've read nothing but mediocre reviews on the sensei.
The fact that it's ambidextrous lends to it not being super comfortable for either right handed users or left handed users.
I don't know how someone can justify spending ~$100 on a mediocre mouse...


I have been using the Xai for months now. It is the same shape as the Sensei.
It is the most comfortable mouse I have ever used.
I have had no faults or problems at all.

Offline HWI

  • Posts: 122
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 21:02:29 »
Mouse shape is more personal preference than anything imo, some people love ambidextrous and some people hate them.

My new favorite mouse, dethroned my previous favorites the DA and IME 3.0, is the CM Storm Xornet. Looove the shape and it has great tracking at 500dpi.
Bottom Out Like A Boss
Razer BWU | Ducky DK-1087 | Noppoo Choc Mini | CM Storm QFR | KBT Race

Offline thrasymedes

  • Posts: 9
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 13 December 2011, 12:45:22 »
I've been using the MS Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1a as my primary mouse for probably a decade (along with various other mice that I've never liked nearly as much).

I just received a new Steelseries Xai and I'm loving it - almost identical dimensions and I like the optionality that the high DPI sensor offers.
Topre Realforce 103 U-UW | IBM 1390131 Model M (1986) | Noppoo Choc Mini (Red)
CST L-TracX | Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1a

Offline RamaBot

  • Posts: 57
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 13 December 2011, 17:46:42 »
Quote from: thrasymedes;469781
I've been using the MS Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1a as my primary mouse for probably a decade (along with various other mice that I've never liked nearly as much).

I just received a new Steelseries Xai and I'm loving it - almost identical dimensions and I like the optionality that the high DPI sensor offers.

Good for you.
I came through the same route. I used a ms Imtellimouse Optical 1.1 for years. Then I tried a few other mice but just could not settle with them.
Then I found the Xai and felt at home with it right away.
Whack your poll rate up to 1000 for super crisp responsiveness. And make use of the Higher DPI. For games you really can tell the difference.
I would recommend the Steelseries Qck mouse pad too. The Xai floats over it. A perfect pairing.

Offline DalaiLameR

  • Posts: 42
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 13 December 2011, 17:53:22 »
I'm really looking forward to the new steelseries mice (kinzu v2 pro and kana)
looks like they have done a pretty good job with them (omron switches, great ambidextrous shape, teflon feet, etc)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Model M SSK ReAlforce 88UB 45g Filco MX Blue Filco MX Red

Offline thrasymedes

  • Posts: 9
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 13 December 2011, 18:02:39 »
Quote from: RamaBot;470059
Good for you.
I came through the same route. I used a ms Imtellimouse Optical 1.1 for years. Then I tried a few other mice but just could not settle with them.
Then I found the Xai and felt at home with it right away.
Whack your poll rate up to 1000 for super crisp responsiveness. And make use of the Higher DPI. For games you really can tell the difference.
I would recommend the Steelseries Qck mouse pad too. The Xai floats over it. A perfect pairing.

Looks like the poll rate is on 1000 by default. I turned the DPI up to 4000. Any other tips for this thing?

For mousepads, was looking at the Qck but I like the reviews I've been reading of the Japanese Artisan mouse pads.
Topre Realforce 103 U-UW | IBM 1390131 Model M (1986) | Noppoo Choc Mini (Red)
CST L-TracX | Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1a

Offline inaneframe

  • Posts: 83
  • Location: Las Vegas, NV
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 13 December 2011, 19:34:50 »
G700 at max resolution.  When gaming my pinky (wikipedia time!  "pinky" from, via Scottish and Dutch, the proto-indo-european base "penkwe" meaning five, also the root of the words pentagram, pentagon, and pentium) and ring fingers stay in the same spot, they act kind of like anchors on a handboat.

Even with my 30" monitor, I am able to reach all corners of the desktop and spin around 360˚ in-game and aim perfectly well with my penkwe and ring staying in one spot.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 December 2011, 19:36:57 by inaneframe »

Offline TheProfosist

  • Posts: 3671
  • Location: Wisconsin, USA
  • Custom Layouts Only!
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 00:56:03 »
Quote from: inaneframe;470116
G700 at max resolution.  When gaming my pinky (wikipedia time!  "pinky" from, via Scottish and Dutch, the proto-indo-european base "penkwe" meaning five, also the root of the words pentagram, pentagon, and pentium) and ring fingers stay in the same spot, they act kind of like anchors on a handboat.

Even with my 30" monitor, I am able to reach all corners of the desktop and spin around 360˚ in-game and aim perfectly well with my penkwe and ring staying in one spot.
+1 for the G700

My standard desktop resolutions were 600 1100 1600 which just got bumped to 600 1600 2600 and man that 2600 is nice for general stuff and didnt even take me that long to get used to. my gaming DPI will forever stay at 400 1600 as that is what i have been playing on since the G5 released.

Offline RamaBot

  • Posts: 57
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 03:48:27 »
Quote from: thrasymedes;470065
Looks like the poll rate is on 1000 by default. I turned the DPI up to 4000. Any other tips for this thing?

For mousepads, was looking at the Qck but I like the reviews I've been reading of the Japanese Artisan mouse pads.


A tip. If you are gaming turn all of the exactsense and exactaim stuff down to zero and make sure you have acceleration off in windows. This will make your gaming more accurate.Though it may take a day for you to get used t if you are used to prediction and acceleration.

If you get an Artisan pad please let us know what you think.

Offline The Ricker

  • Posts: 13
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 10:57:55 »
My favorite is the G5. I think I have the second revision? It's got two buttons on the side and a blue crackle finish. I've used an MX518 and a Razer Death-Adder and I liked them, but not as much as the G5.

Offline TheProfosist

  • Posts: 3671
  • Location: Wisconsin, USA
  • Custom Layouts Only!
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 11:03:50 »
Quote from: The Ricker;470568
My favorite is the G5. I think I have the second revision? It's got two buttons on the side and a blue crackle finish. I've used an MX518 and a Razer Death-Adder and I liked them, but not as much as the G5.
have you tried the G500?

Offline keyboardnoob

  • Posts: 158
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 12:30:06 »
mx 518 is king
Filco MJ1 TKL MX Brown

Offline The Ricker

  • Posts: 13
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 13:59:05 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;470570
have you tried the G500?

I've looked at it, but I haven't taken the time to try it yet. Is it quite a bit better than the G5?

Offline TheProfosist

  • Posts: 3671
  • Location: Wisconsin, USA
  • Custom Layouts Only!
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 14:19:04 »
Quote from: The Ricker;470708
I've looked at it, but I haven't taken the time to try it yet. Is it quite a bit better than the G5?
I would say yes I like the slight design change and the additional features.

Offline pitashen

  • Posts: 1200
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 23:28:05 »
as far as mouse is concerned, G1 1000dpi ver. is my fav. good size for me to do claw grip.
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline Orgasma

  • Posts: 15
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 00:09:18 »
I'm currently using the Logitech Mx518, great mouse. I feel like i need to get a "newer" mouse however, this one has been through hell. Has anyone used the Razer Mamba 2012? How's the tracking of it? For someone who perfer's the claw grip, what are some good choices for me to look into, that are smooth and have great tracking.

Offline pitashen

  • Posts: 1200
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 00:41:19 »
Quote from: Orgasma;471119
I'm currently using the Logitech Mx518, great mouse. I feel like i need to get a "newer" mouse however, this one has been through hell. Has anyone used the Razer Mamba 2012? How's the tracking of it? For someone who perfer's the claw grip, what are some good choices for me to look into, that are smooth and have great tracking.

G400 would be a pretty good replacement of MX518 shape wise
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline inaneframe

  • Posts: 83
  • Location: Las Vegas, NV
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 05:04:16 »
Quote from: Wat;468572
G500


Quote from: inaneframe;470116
G700


Quote from: TheProfosist;470314
+1 for the G700


Quote from: The Ricker;470568
My favorite is the G5.


Quote from: TheProfosist;470570
have you tried the G500?


Quote from: keyboardnoob;470621
mx 518 is king


Quote from: The Ricker;470708
Is it quite a bit better than the G5?


Quote from: pitashen;471145
G400 would be a pretty good replacement of MX518 shape wise


We accept you one of us, gooble gobble gooble gobble, one of us one of us:

[video=youtube;bBXyB7niEc0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0[/video]
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 December 2011, 05:06:48 by inaneframe »

Offline inaneframe

  • Posts: 83
  • Location: Las Vegas, NV
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 05:08:37 »
Quote from: Wat;468572
G500


Quote from: inaneframe;470116
G700


Quote from: TheProfosist;470314
+1 for the G700


Quote from: The Ricker;470568
My favorite is the G5.


Quote from: TheProfosist;470570
have you tried the G500?


Quote from: keyboardnoob;470621
mx 518 is king


Quote from: The Ricker;470708
Is it quite a bit better than the G5?


Quote from: pitashen;471145
G400 would be a pretty good replacement of MX518 shape wise


We accept you one of us, gooble gobble, gooble gobble, one of us, one of us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR4Iwx5G_k0
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 December 2011, 05:11:18 by inaneframe »

Offline wmtx

  • Posts: 24
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #138 on: Thu, 22 December 2011, 03:11:40 »
I've been using the Microsoft Explorer Touch Mouse for about a month now and am happy with it. Could probably become my new favourite. I chose to try it because it has a touch strip instead of a wheel which was a prerequisite since over the years I broke the wheels of all cheap and expensive Logitech and Microsoft mice I had. I guess I'm scrolling too much.

Anyway, after getting used to it for a couple of days (under Linux) I like the touch strip, the resolution of the BlueTrack (cannot say how high though) and am still curious how long the batteries last. Stowing the receiver with the mouse does not always work (only locks correctly after a couple of tries) but since I usually have it plugged in it's not too big of an issue.

Offline Internetlad

  • Posts: 710
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 22 December 2011, 15:28:27 »
Quote from: The Ricker;470708
I've looked at it, but I haven't taken the time to try it yet. Is it quite a bit better than the G5?

In my experience, not so much. Very similar.

Had a G5, owned forever, the cord got frayed, so I bought another G5, it's cord got frayed, so I got a G500. It's cord got frayed after 1 year so I said **** it and bought a DeathAdder and it's been going strong for ~3 months now.

TBH I think i may prefer the lightness of the deathadder to the bulk of the G's. The G's were great mice, but i'd run the cord up over the desk with lots of slack so it wouldn't drag and affect my FPS leet hax0r aim. The deathadder is so light it doesn't seem to matter. The obvious flaw in the way the cord is run that caused 3 mice and a G15 keyboard to fail kind of turned me off to logitech (this was over a 4-5 year span, honestly.)

TBH I think about the Deathadder less while using it, which IMO makes it the better mouse.


Quote from: inaneframe;471223
We accept you one of us, gooble gobble, gooble gobble, one of us, one of us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR4Iwx5G_k0

The sad thing is i knew what this was referencing without watching the youtube link. Lawds.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2011, 15:30:40 by Internetlad »
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I


Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline TheProfosist

  • Posts: 3671
  • Location: Wisconsin, USA
  • Custom Layouts Only!
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 22 December 2011, 18:18:43 »
Ive have never had a barided cable fray on any mouse including logitch. Are all of you low dpi gamers?

Offline iScrtAznMan

  • Posts: 4
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 23 December 2011, 20:57:27 »
Mines the Mionix Naos 5000. got it on newegg for a discount. I love the way it fits to my hand, no more pinky drag =). Although I wish it was a little bigger, cant exactly palm it like i used to do on my Razer Abyssus. I like light mice. Although the macro software doesn't exactly work with mouse clicks >.> a slight letdown.

Offline inaneframe

  • Posts: 83
  • Location: Las Vegas, NV
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 25 December 2011, 11:54:07 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;476258
Ive have never had a barided cable fray on any mouse including logitch. Are all of you low dpi gamers?


Not so sure one needs to be a "low dpi" gamer to fray a braided cable.  The most likely place for a cable to fray would be on the edge of a desk.

Personally, I don't usually have a cable attached to my 5700dpi set mouse, but when I do it's when I'm not gaming and just charging it.

I do know that when my cursor can cross my 2560x1600 desktop at less than an inch movement in my hand, we are coming close to the max we can expect out of the typical human hand, the nerves involved, etc. . . . but then again, my grandfather was a clocksmith and could work on some pretty intricate stuff. . . I just think there is a break off point where when you start heading down too high of a sensitivity, there is a negative impact to the ability to aim.  We may have already crossed I don't know and I think it is an interesting question.

Lastly, let me just say, high dpi != high sensitivity.  Someone could have extreme dpi set on their mouse but then lower the sensitivity as far as they can.  In many ways, this would make sense for someone to do who is looking for extreme accuracy.

Offline TheProfosist

  • Posts: 3671
  • Location: Wisconsin, USA
  • Custom Layouts Only!
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 25 December 2011, 16:23:59 »
Quote from: inaneframe;477545
Not so sure one needs to be a "low dpi" gamer to fray a braided cable.  The most likely place for a cable to fray would be on the edge of a desk.

Personally, I don't usually have a cable attached to my 5700dpi set mouse, but when I do it's when I'm not gaming and just charging it.

I do know that when my cursor can cross my 2560x1600 desktop at less than an inch movement in my hand, we are coming close to the max we can expect out of the typical human hand, the nerves involved, etc. . . . but then again, my grandfather was a clocksmith and could work on some pretty intricate stuff. . . I just think there is a break off point where when you start heading down too high of a sensitivity, there is a negative impact to the ability to aim.  We may have already crossed I don't know and I think it is an interesting question.

Lastly, let me just say, high dpi != high sensitivity.  Someone could have extreme dpi set on their mouse but then lower the sensitivity as far as they can.  In many ways, this would make sense for someone to do who is looking for extreme accuracy.

I have used a cord holder from steelseries since I had my Ikari Laser so i forgot about it rubbing on the back of the desk. Would you happen to have a G700 i just ask as is it one of the few mice with that resolution that is cordless. I think best is to have a 1to1 windows cursor setting and controlling cursor speed using the dpi of the mouse.

Offline inaneframe

  • Posts: 83
  • Location: Las Vegas, NV
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 26 December 2011, 04:50:45 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;477615
I think best is to have a 1to1 windows cursor setting and controlling cursor speed using the dpi of the mouse.


Yeah see, that is way too slow for me with my g700 even at 5700dpi!

Offline TheProfosist

  • Posts: 3671
  • Location: Wisconsin, USA
  • Custom Layouts Only!
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 26 December 2011, 08:32:58 »
Quote from: inaneframe;477846
Yeah see, that is way too slow for me with my g700 even at 5700dpi!

You sure to have it set to 1to1? (Notch 6 in windows and turn of accel) because thats a bit crazy to hear you say that as even after hours of trying i cant do a single thing at that dpi, though was stuch at 1600 for years finally moved up to 2600 for desktop use which is easily enough controllable for general stuff.

Offline inaneframe

  • Posts: 83
  • Location: Las Vegas, NV
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 26 December 2011, 17:11:16 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;477867
You sure to have it set to 1to1? (Notch 6 in windows and turn of accel) because thats a bit crazy to hear you say that as even after hours of trying i cant do a single thing at that dpi, though was stuch at 1600 for years finally moved up to 2600 for desktop use which is easily enough controllable for general stuff.


Notch 7 5700dpi (accel off).  I was on 1600-2000dpi back around 2005.

To put it another way. . . my wrist does not move when I'm browsing the internet with my mouse.  My hand pivots ever so slightly on my wrist.  I have to clean off any grit about twice a day from just regular build up of dust etc because I can tell.  It gets too gritty for me.

Offline jellowiggler

  • Posts: 292
  • Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #147 on: Tue, 27 December 2011, 10:07:33 »
Oh boy. Very punny.

I use a mx518. If I had to get a new mouse I'd get a g400, the new name for the same mouse.
Mike -jellowiggler-
Filco MJ2 Tenkeyless / Rosewill RK-9000 / IBM Model M 1391401 / Logitech DiNovo Edge / MS Sidewinder X4

Offline Seltox

  • Posts: 33
  • Location: Australia
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 06:23:45 »
I've had a Razer Copperhead for many years.  I actually like the mouse, but the build quality is rubbish and has convinced my never to buy a Razer product again.  (Died about 3 months before warranty ended, and the warranty turn around time was >4 months, and they even sent back the wrong colour mouse - I had one with blue lights, got a green in return.  Didn't really bother me though :P).

The new one broke about 2 months after I got it, but I figured I wasn't going to put up with the warranty stuff again and took it apart to fix myself - has been fine ever since.

I'm currently looking at buying a new mouse though.. But considering the Copperhead is the only decent mouse i've ever owned, i'll have to say it's my favourite so far :P  Don't use any of it's features anymore.. It's just plugged in with Windows drivers, no Razer ones.  Haha, still works a treat though.

Offline adrien239

  • Posts: 12
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 07:08:17 »
Microsoft Track ball explorer for 15 years with programmations for each app used (I've 2 others in rescue)