Author Topic: Corsair gets into keyboards (MX Red)  (Read 36353 times)

Offline Lanx

Corsair gets into keyboards (MX Red)
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 20 October 2011, 15:11:15 »
Quote from: bloodygood;435446
Yesterday I sent an email to Corsair's sales group asking about the K60's special 'gaming' WASD + 1~6 keycaps, asking if they were going to be selling the keycaps standalone or if they would be possible to special order later on. This was their response.
"We will have WASD and 1-6 as accessories and whole set of the keycaps down the road." - Kristine, Customer Service Group
I am not sure how many others were intrigued by them, but it seems you won't have to order the K60 to test them out. I plan on ordering a set to try on my Filco once they are released. I am glad I asked.
awesome, if the keycaps aren'st stupid expensive! i was really interested in these caps.

Offline asddasder

« Reply #151 on: Thu, 03 November 2011, 15:51:48 »
Omg was gonna get the k60 but no, rubber dome keys? srsly? and theres no other keyboards like it -.-

Offline fstop

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 03 November 2011, 16:32:23 »
Quote from: asddasder;445069
Omg was gonna get the k60 but no, rubber dome keys? srsly? and theres no other keyboards like it -.-

Late pass.

Get the cm quickfire derp.
CM Storm Quickfire MX Reds
CM Storm Quickfire MX Blues
Filco Majestouch-2  MX Browns
RealForce 87uw uniform 45g

Offline HWI

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 03 November 2011, 16:35:58 »
Quote from: doombug5000;435114
Here are my requirements (in order of importance to me):

1. I want linear mechanical
2. I want cherry reds specifically
3. I want a full keyboard (more keys are good)
4. I want decent roll-over and no ghosting
5. I would like it to be fully back-lit
6. I would like it to have an aesthetic that I appreciate
7. It can't cost over £150

Ducky Shine fits all your requirements, unless you don't like the look of it.
Bottom Out Like A Boss
Razer BWU | Ducky DK-1087 | Noppoo Choc Mini | CM Storm QFR | KBT Race

Offline asddasder

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 03 November 2011, 17:57:04 »
Quote from: fstop;445083
Late pass.

Get the cm quickfire derp.

need nordic layout, full keyboard and wristrest

Offline doombug5000

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 04 November 2011, 04:17:33 »
Quote from: HWI;445086
Ducky Shine fits all your requirements, unless you don't like the look of it.

Sadly it misses the most important, the ability for me to buy it -_- I can't find any that I can purchase in the UK... or anywhere for that matter. If you can give me a link to somewhere I could purchase it I would be very grateful as I do like the Ducky Shine.

Offline HWI

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 04 November 2011, 09:43:35 »
Quote from: doombug5000;445331
Sadly it misses the most important, the ability for me to buy it -_- I can't find any that I can purchase in the UK... or anywhere for that matter. If you can give me a link to somewhere I could purchase it I would be very grateful as I do like the Ducky Shine.
Qtan sells them.
http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/item/mechanical-keyboard-ducky/new-ducky-shining-pre-order-ar/lid=19244191
Bottom Out Like A Boss
Razer BWU | Ducky DK-1087 | Noppoo Choc Mini | CM Storm QFR | KBT Race

Offline doombug5000

« Reply #157 on: Fri, 04 November 2011, 19:37:44 »
Quote from: HWI;445448
Qtan sells them.
http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/item/mechanical-keyboard-ducky/new-ducky-shining-pre-order-ar/lid=19244191

They don't have reds in stock right now =( thank's for the link though =) I will keep check to see when reds are back in stock, though I have no experience with international shipping... I have to pay 20% VAT to customs I think but I'm sure I will work it out.

Offline Wihl

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 04 November 2011, 21:53:27 »
Quote from: doombug5000;445902
They don't have reds in stock right now =( thank's for the link though =) I will keep check to see when reds are back in stock, though I have no experience with international shipping... I have to pay 20% VAT to customs I think but I'm sure I will work it out.

I've gotten $120 keyboards sent as gifts with a $20 value. No customs in sight :) Just make sure your package has tracking if you work something like that out.

You can talk to qtan directly btw, he active on the forum. Even if it's not in stock he can probably get it if he knows he has a sale lined up.

Offline Creo

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 30 November 2011, 15:29:26 »
nvm to my other post they dont have red switches

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #160 on: Wed, 30 November 2011, 17:06:18 »
Thanks for the info bloodygood. I'd like to see a review of these key caps.

Offline Nighted

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 30 November 2011, 17:31:29 »
Wouldn't want this hideous keyboard. Do want the WASD keys and that mouse though.
^ 100% teleprompter free.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #162 on: Wed, 30 November 2011, 17:53:08 »
lookin' good, but i'm looking for a TKL.

Still eying up a Leopold. Gotta wait till after the holiday spend-a-thon
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline digichaos

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 30 November 2011, 21:03:23 »
I ordered the k90 a couple days ago. I love everything about this keyboard. Hopefully I will still love it when I finally get it in my hands.

I think those that are up in arms about the rubber domes on the Fkeys, Macro keys are being fairly zealous. I like the fact that the fkeys/macro keys will feel differently than the standard keys.

Offline polygon

« Reply #164 on: Fri, 09 December 2011, 01:03:46 »
Went to my local NCIX today and tested out the black widow and the Corsair M60. Realised I liked both switches but the Red's I prefered for both Gaming and typing. I found them really apealing!
Also, the spacebar IS infact textures, that is not some cheap plastic faux carbon fiber sheet... it's a bunch of triangular bumps to create a tectured feel on the spacebar. It doesn't make a world of difference and I doubt it is important though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ssTSM20VQnc

definitley asking for the leopold tenkeyless red switches for xmas!

Offline digichaos

« Reply #165 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 10:14:11 »
I got my Corsair K90 yesterday and I must say that I am in love with this keyboard. I have never tried another cherry red keyboard but I am now a huge fan of reds. One of the problems that I usually have with mechanical keyboard is the amount of pressure and distance it takes to actuate the key. I am used to low pressure scissor switches like mac/logitech perfect stroke keyboards. So, reds feel awesome... really fast and low pressure actuating.

The build quality and features of this keyboard is off the hook compared to any other $129 keyboard. Suck it!

Offline VPX

« Reply #166 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 14:09:25 »
Quote from: digichaos;468286
One of the problems that I usually have with mechanical keyboard is the amount of pressure and distance it takes to actuate the key. I am used to low pressure scissor switches like mac/logitech perfect stroke keyboards. So, reds feel awesome... really fast and low pressure actuating.

There's a saying from a Fisherman's Friend commercial that says "Sind sie zu stark, bist du zu schwach." ("If they're too strong then you're too weak.")
Cherry reds are made from Cherry China for Chinese people with little weak fingers. Hence the Communist Party red. ;)
Hack Amethyst 3000 key cap set coming when it\'s done (2012)

Offline flaming_june

« Reply #167 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 17:17:48 »
Quote from: polygon;466961
Went to my local NCIX today and tested out the black widow and the Corsair M60. Realised I liked both switches but the Red's I prefered for both Gaming and typing. I found them really apealing!
Also, the spacebar IS infact textures, that is not some cheap plastic faux carbon fiber sheet... it's a bunch of triangular bumps to create a tectured feel on the spacebar. It doesn't make a world of difference and I doubt it is important though.

Does corsair have the same caps as the blackwidow?

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #168 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 17:47:01 »
Quote from: polygon;466961

What a unprofessional review ;D

1. Anti-Ghosting don't have anything to do with USB-interface, just the matrix and how it's red, it does affect KRO though.
2. Lasered keys do wear out...
So I should add something useless here yes? Ok, ok...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline flaming_june

« Reply #169 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 19:40:33 »
The guy's a salesman;  Most of the time he just reads straight form the box or the advert.  Gotta take it for what it is.  Most people don't care about peripherals and is controlled by their circumstances or the marketing they see.  Personally, his only video I enjoyed was when he took a water cooled PC out in the snow and tested the temps, then realized while talking to the camera, that there's no point to this;  It was quite funny.

Offline polygon

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 01:56:14 »
Quote from: flaming_june;468537
The guy's a salesman;  Most of the time he just reads straight form the box or the advert.  Gotta take it for what it is.  Most people don't care about peripherals and is controlled by their circumstances or the marketing they see.  Personally, his only video I enjoyed was when he took a water cooled PC out in the snow and tested the temps, then realized while talking to the camera, that there's no point to this;  It was quite funny.

He actually doesn't work in sales for the company, he just does videos on the side, by himself without any input from the company.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 07:29:22 »
Quote from: ripster;468562
Dr Chang wants his cat.
(Attachment Link) 34635[/ATTACH]

Bonsai Kitten.  Those stay good in the fridge for forever.  Mine isn't showing any signs of mold or spoilage yet.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 08:16:30 »
Quote from: ripster;468783
Make great gifts this Holiday Season.

Tiny enough to make for good stocking stuffers too!
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)