Author Topic: Filco logo interchangable?  (Read 1534 times)

Offline stariz

Filco logo interchangable?
« on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 04:11:01 »
Hey guys, I was looking to get a Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless and was torn between the normal board and the ninja version. I decided that I liked the blacked out logo but preferred the normal (printed on top) keys. As I have never seen one of these boards in the flesh, I was wondering if the filco logo can be popped out and replaced with a ninja logo. I figured it would be silly to buy the ninja and then spend just as much as I did on the board on a new set of standard keys. I guess I could sharpie the normal board logo and ninjarize it that way too :D

Also, is there a switch in between the cherry red and brown? I was wanting tactile but was not interested in audible feedback.

Thanks.

Offline duncan

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 05:16:58 »
Quote from: stariz;421054
I was wanting tactile but was not interested in audible feedback.

Tactile with no audible *is* a brown.
What is the "between red and brown" trying to get at?

Realforce 86UB || HHKB P2 || FILCO MT 87 Blues || FILCO MT 87 Browns || FILCO MT 87 Ninja  Blacks || Poker X Reds

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 05:22:52 »
Having both a Ninja tenkeyless and MJ2 standard tenkeyless, I can say that the difference between logos is minimal. Photos make it look much more drastic than it actually is. I wouldn't worry about it.

Offline stariz

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 05:27:47 »
I thought brown was just reduced audible feedback but still some compared to red with none; maybe I misread :S

Thanks.

Offline duncan

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 05:37:16 »
Quote from: daerid;421067
can say that the difference between logos is minimal. I wouldn't worry about it.
+1

Realforce 86UB || HHKB P2 || FILCO MT 87 Blues || FILCO MT 87 Browns || FILCO MT 87 Ninja  Blacks || Poker X Reds

Offline duncan

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 05:41:31 »
Quote from: stariz;421054
spend just as much as I did on the board on a new set of standard keys.

This also doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
If you go here:  http://www.keyboardco.com/
they will sell you a set of printed keycaps for 20 UKP. Far less than the price of a board.
And that's just one of many options.

What leads you to believe a set of keycaps is going to be as expensive as you fear?

Offline stariz

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 06:01:40 »
Quote from: duncan;421072
What leads you to believe a set of keycaps is going to be as expensive as you fear?

Noobery I guess :D I went to wasd keyboards and the base set without changing/customising anything was $139.00 and then increased as I changed caps. I'm from Australia, so I was going to get my filco from http://www.auspcmarket.com.au. I could only see a set of blank keys there. Thanks for the link.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 September 2011, 06:03:56 by stariz »

Offline duncan

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 06:09:40 »
I'm from Oz too and have shopped with the poms at keybco and have only good things to say about them.

Good prices, great service and fast delivery (given the 10 time zones the stuff has to move across).

My tip is to maximise the return on your postage dollar by adding any other stuff you think you might want (key puller, nice red escape key, whatever) and see if they change your postage costs. With a keycap set being light but bulky you may well find quite a lot of stuff can share the package at no extra cost (apart from the cost of the thing/s, obviously).

Offline stariz

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 06:28:00 »
Is there anywhere where you can just buy a single custom keys? Like a white spacebar or a few esc keys with whatever I want written on them without having to buy a whole set?

Offline duncan

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 07:37:48 »
Have you found WASDkeyboards yet?

Have a look in the vendor forums of GH.