Author Topic: TT Meka G1 going nuts  (Read 2051 times)

Offline cherp

TT Meka G1 going nuts
« on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 18:02:47 »
Hey guys,

This is my first post on this site and hopefully I can get some help. I recently purchased a TT Meka G1 mechanical keyboard and started having issues right out of the box.
First thing I did was uninstall my old Sidewinder X6 drivers from MS, then plugged in my keyboard using the USB to PS/2 adapter. Now my computer would never get past the bios because its like the keyboard was constantly spamming DEL, everytime I would save and exit it would just go right back into the bios upon restart.
So then I took off the PS/2 adapter and it booted into windows, but now I get very random key strokes, mostly 56= random while I'm typing. Also it seems to start automatically infinetly tabing between two firefox tabs, zooming in pages to full on firefox and muting the sound on and off.
These problems stopped for 3-4 days but recently started re-curring, my computer even started saying my keyboard was an unknown device when I took it out and plugged it back in because it was going crazy.

Anyone have any ideas? I've contacted TT support but their awfully slow at replying, and asked simple questions such as was your keyboard plugged in right, etc etc...
Never thought the switch to mechanical would end up like this :(

Offline duncan

TT Meka G1 going nuts
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 18:51:18 »
I had a quick look around the interweb searchin for "meka G1 problems" and there seem to be a few people having very similar problems to yours.

None of the complaints I read had any solutions (worth the name) but intermittent shutdowns etc etc just as you describe seem to be a pattern that a few people are experiencing.

Do the normal checking of seeing if the problem  occurs on other machines and/or different ports on your machine.

Seems like there may possibly be some reason to be cautious of this board unless and until the maker explains why the interweb has these complaints about unacceptable behaviour scattered through it and how to avoid/fix them.

Realforce 86UB || HHKB P2 || FILCO MT 87 Blues || FILCO MT 87 Browns || FILCO MT 87 Ninja  Blacks || Poker X Reds

Offline cherp

TT Meka G1 going nuts
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 19:53:54 »
Quote from: duncan;421280
I had a quick look around the interweb searchin for "meka G1 problems" and there seem to be a few people having very similar problems to yours.

None of the complaints I read had any solutions (worth the name) but intermittent shutdowns etc etc just as you describe seem to be a pattern that a few people are experiencing.

Do the normal checking of seeing if the problem  occurs on other machines and/or different ports on your machine.

Seems like there may possibly be some reason to be cautious of this board unless and until the maker explains why the interweb has these complaints about unacceptable behaviour scattered through it and how to avoid/fix them.

I couldn't find anything when I googled, guess you had a bit more luck. Well in that case I suppose I'll be returning it tomorrow.

Anyone happen to have a suggestion for a replacement for this? I need a keyboard almost strictly for MMO/FPS/MOBA gaming, not writing essays or the likes. Multimedia keys are almost a necessity. Already missing my mechanical while typing this on my old Sidewinder X6

Offline duncan

TT Meka G1 going nuts
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 20:13:04 »
Google tip:
Go to the bottom of the page of results and you may find something like this:
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 27294[/ATTACH]

You need to force Google to include "problems" in your searches or you will only see 'happy' news.

There are good technical reasons why Google behaves like this but there is also the side issue that they make their money by selling ads so providing links that are likely to have good revenue potential for them is no bad thing for Google.

If you do that then you should find links like these:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=246418
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=255490

Realforce 86UB || HHKB P2 || FILCO MT 87 Blues || FILCO MT 87 Browns || FILCO MT 87 Ninja  Blacks || Poker X Reds

Offline cherp

TT Meka G1 going nuts
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 20:50:24 »
Quote from: duncan;421319
Google tip:
Go to the bottom of the page of results and you may find something like this:
(Attachment Link) 27294[/ATTACH]

You need to force Google to include "problems" in your searches or you will only see 'happy' news.

There are good technical reasons why Google behaves like this but there is also the side issue that they make their money by selling ads so providing links that are likely to have good revenue potential for them is no bad thing for Google.

Well then, just tried it on my laptop and did the same thing as my pc within a few minutes, and after reading those threads, I packed it back in the box and I'm gonna ship it back tomorrow. Thanks a lot for the help, back to browsing for a decent gaming mechanical keyboard!