Author Topic: Cherry MX Brown SWITCHES.  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Yoshileon

• Trade Count: (0)
Cherry MX Brown SWITCHES.
« on: Thu, 06 October 2011, 07:14:52 »
Hey,
Title tells everything. I'm also interested in buying only the springs and the brown parts.
I need 105-110 piece, as I want to replace every cherry mx blacks to browns in my filco majestouch.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 06 October 2011, 07:57:28 »
It should be less costly to buy a Filco w/ browns and sell your old KB.  If you're worried about resale value you could offer to swap the new caps and new case onto your blacks.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 06 October 2011, 08:01:40 »
Quote from: alaricljs;426847
It should be less costly to buy a Filco w/ browns and sell your old KB.  If you're worried about resale value you could offer to swap the new caps and new case onto your blacks.

This.  You could harvest switches from an old board, but it depends on how much you value your time.  I'm a busy guy.  The price of a new keyboard is much less than my time.  That, and unless someone is sitting on a pile of old browns, you might find the switches are just as much as a new keyboard, especially if they're new.

Offline Ascaii

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 06:51:30 »
try pming Biniaris, he has some for sale.
"Mechanical keyboards are like pokemon:
you start with one, and then you wanna catch em all."

Offline BiNiaRiS

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 06:55:33 »
Quote from: Ascaii;426876
try pming Biniaris, he has some for sale.

Ascaii wiped me out. I only have clears left.

Sent from my EVO
Check out my sales thread.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
KBC w/Reds and Cherry doubleshots in imsto\'s case
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g
KMAC Titanium/Winkeyless (in the mail)

Offline N8N

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 07:33:13 »
I actually have near-new brown sliders harvested from a Filco, but I may have lost one or two.  I think the springs are already spoken for however.
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)

Offline insilica

• Keyboard Geeza
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 09:19:57 »
Quote from: itlnstln;426849
This.  You could harvest switches from an old board, but it depends on how much you value your time.  I'm a busy guy.  The price of a new keyboard is much less than my time.  That, and unless someone is sitting on a pile of old browns, you might find the switches are just as much as a new keyboard, especially if they're new.

+1
FreeBSD :: Gentoo :: Arch :: [Project Roswell] :: U2410 Eyefinity :: WC P280 :: 3930K [C2] (4.5GHz)
ASUS Maximus IV :: 64GB Vengeance :: MSI 7970 xFire ::  Seasonic 1KW :: M4 256GB

REALFORCE 87U Silent (Variable) | Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL (Brown) | FC660C

Offline Yoshileon

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 09:49:32 »
Thanks everybody.
I have changed my mind. When my board arrived a year ago, I didn't really liked the blacks, and thought browns would fit for me better.
This thought posessed me as I made this thread, but now I realized that I love blacks! ( OH I MEAN BLACK SWITCHES!!! )
Sometimes before I power on, I'm just pressing the keys randomly, enjoying my filco.
And this is - my friend - love!

(However, I  started to get sick of the plastic feeling, so I decided to fabricate wooden keys for the whole board!)

PS: my english is still pretty bad :(

Offline AMoody

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 14:25:19 »
I have sliders but no springs (unless you want springs from clears)
Looking for an access AKC110