Author Topic: Unggh finding the right switch.  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Deadly55

Unggh finding the right switch.
« on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 12:58:54 »
With the rosewill mechs being on sale and my widow dying it seems like a good time for a new mech. My mx blues are only about a year old but they have lost most of their click due to me mashing them. So it seems like a heavier switch is what I need but
getting an mx black switch seems a bit too heavy, i've tried a 6gv2 and i didn't bottom out and they felt nice but felt like i wouldn't be able to stand typing..

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 13:08:26 »
why are you mashing your blues so hard? you play games like Starcraft II? I would check out browns or reds, unless your trying to not bottom out because that will happen with reds:smile:
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline Lanx

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 13:10:49 »
how do they loose click sound lol? if you want click there really is no other option other than blues, and like you said aside from blacks nearly everything else is less force (whites are an option with more force)

Offline Deadly55

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 13:13:36 »
the feel of the click is much weaker then what it was and  my blues are fairly linear now. I mash my blues because as i've found out i'm a natural heavy typer.
A few friends have mx blues and theirs are much much nicer feeling then mine.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 13:27:26 »
What about some mx clears?
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Deadly55

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 13:28:21 »
all the black widow lol, clears are a pain to find cheap :P

fossala

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 13:30:40 »
Just get a POS, they are always cheap.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 13:33:23 »
Quote from: Deadly55;454953
all the black widow lol, clears are a pain to find cheap :P
Elitekeyboards has clears for $109 :P  :P
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Deadly55

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 13:35:08 »
Shipping kills it and is still too much, only reason i can afford the rosewill is because of the sale ;l

fossala

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 14:25:53 »
I have a random blue switch on my desk and used to play with it out of boredom sometimes and that stopped clicking one day. I then took it apart and "fixed" it.... Doesn't do anything now.

Offline Deadly55

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 14:27:18 »
I've taken the top off of the widow, fully cleaned it and cleaned the caps, and that didn't help much, restored a bit more clickyness. as for taking apart the switches, that would require soldiering .

fossala

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 14:27:57 »
push down the stem of the switch and spay some compressed air into it.

Offline Deadly55

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 15:05:17 »
didn't help much, then agian i need more compressed air..

Offline file_id

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 15:37:10 »
I'm thinking Cherry might be selling different grades of switches when made and razer is buying the cheap stuff. I just recent got my $56 black widow board from Dell yesterday. The switches for each of the keys felt of different force consistencies. The "J" key on the board sounded and felt like a cherry brown key, I pulled off the keycap and yes it was a cherry blue. I even spraying compressed air into the switch, but to no avail. Just a poor quality board and not up to filco or one of the higher end boards. Nevertheless the board is going back to Dell for a replacement.
DS3 White YOTS (Blue)|Poker 2 (Blue,Clear)|QFR Rapid-i TKL (Brown,Blue)|QFR Rapid TKL (Blue,Red,Brown)|KBP V60 (Blue,Clear,Matias Click)|Code TKL Clear|Filco MJ2 TKL (Blue)|Filco MJ2 Ninja Beige TKL (Brown)|Novatouch

Offline Deadly55

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 15:42:15 »
further testing, i've gone and blown out  some more  switches using my breath.. some keys regained a lot of clicking ness where as others didn't. mainly okl; hasn't come back   but my n,m, p,  and i have for example. (i'm a lefty gaming so okl; are using a lot).. Now i'm really intrigued to what's going on.. K it seems that my leats used keys come back to being nearly new when being blown out... so it's go to be wearing right?
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 November 2011, 15:46:47 by Deadly55 »

Offline Tony

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 20 November 2011, 09:23:57 »
Hmm, there is no right switch for each people. Most of us have 3 to 10 keyboards of different switches and still don't know what is the best. We are all indecisive, aren't we?
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 20 November 2011, 09:57:41 »
My black widow has the same issue. most of the keys barely click. I haven't had that problem with my RK-9000, and I've been typing on the Rosewill longer.  

Oh, and love the new avatar ripster :D