Author Topic: Your Opinions On The DAS Keboards?  (Read 1977 times)

Offline tyrantizzrain

Your Opinions On The DAS Keboards?
« on: Wed, 07 December 2011, 20:48:45 »
I was wanting to know somebody elses opinion on the Das keyboards. So let me know what you think of the Silent and the Regular. I was wanting to know if it is worth the price of $119.99? Or if anyone knows where I can get it cheaper in the states. Thanks guys!

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 December 2011, 21:27:32 »
I used to have a silent (brown) DAS. It was shiny and hard to keep clean. But it was very good to type on. I sold it because I had 3 other brown boards and it was time to let one of them go. You can wait for it to go on sale at Newegg or for someone to put it in classifieds.
Keyboardless

Offline pitashen

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 07 December 2011, 22:34:50 »
you can't really go wrong with it. If you like the look, get it.
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline iBro

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 08 December 2011, 00:08:01 »
Dat gloss

But seriously. I don't have one, but they seem on par with other high end keyboards. But they are big and shiny. Not really my style, but it may be yours.
Unicomp Space Saver (buckling spring) Silicon Graphics (dampened cream alps) KBC Poker (ghetto reds)

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 08 December 2011, 00:17:36 »
Got one in a trade recently and I have to say that it looks really nice compared to the other keyboards I have which have purely functional looks. The shiny surface of the case and little protrusion at the top right corner where the USB hub is makes the keyboard look pretty spiffy. The font they use is pretty cool too in my opinion. Sadly I'm just not really a fan of blues anymore since I've tried browns and reds.
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline LEGITBALLIN

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 18:15:23 »
i wrote a review on mine which you should check out its pretty helpful and it can be found here: http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:24727
V-tec just kicked in yo\'