Author Topic: mechanical and gaming  (Read 1767 times)

Offline ajx

mechanical and gaming
« on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 06:04:44 »
for anyone who asks question about mechanical in gaming.
using mechanical doesnt give you an extra in comparison with any ruber dome keyboard
i do not play better, my skill does not increase either
actually, i got a benefit of comfort, every hit requires less effort and strength according to type of switch aswell.
i got both mechanical keyboard.
on my right hand, brown cherry mx
on the other hand, red cherry mx one.
even switching to each other, even if you could notice true difference in term of feeling between these both type of switch, i can't affirm which one is better for gaming.

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
mechanical and gaming
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 06:07:53 »
On the other hand, my skills multiplied tenfold from mechanical keyboards. I use to be bronze league in Starcraft 2 and now I have 10 K/D ratio.
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline ajx

mechanical and gaming
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 06:46:19 »
mechanical keyboard makes you faster for typing, rts such SC2 need an high speed of actions per minutes, right?
rts require more skills from keyboard then mice
in comparison, in fps, mice is certainly more important then keyboard.
it also depending of type of fps as well
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 December 2011, 06:49:38 by ajx »

Offline Lolcakes

mechanical and gaming
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 07:06:57 »
what noodles256 said.

As soon as I acquired my mechanical keyboard I became an ultra skilled ninja in games.
Not only mechanical keyboards multiply the speed of your fingers tenfold but they also they improve your in-game decision making. All of a sudden you know the best strategies and and you never become supply blocked anymore. Even your mouse clicks become more precise. All this just for having a mechanical keyboard.

Its definitely worth the prise (=

Offline flaming_june

mechanical and gaming
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 07:19:13 »
So true.  I started playing CSS with a 1:1 kd ratio.  Then I switched to HHKB topre mechanical and now the kd ratio is around 2.5:1.  This MUST mean mechanical keyboards are better for gaming, and the more expensive the keyboard, the better you game;  It's a positive linear correlation.

Offline nar

mechanical and gaming
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 07:28:50 »
At first when I brought my rubber dome keyboard to use for fighting games I would always get laughed at and then perfected.
Now whenever I bring out my realforce my opponents forfeit their match faster than a bronze leaguer facing someone with korean in their username.
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
mechanical and gaming
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 11:27:29 »
6kro is what improved my gaming a lot, the lighter switch helps some.

Offline fireball87

mechanical and gaming
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 12:50:00 »
Meh, I can't say my gaming improved, it just became more par to my play quality with my arcade sticks or my SNES pad.  I still prefer them though for most things.  There's a few PC dominant genres that saw some major improvement though.  I always just assumed that was my cherry blues ringing through my headset distracting all the other players, but when I think about it, I did learn how to do quake3 rocket trick courses a few days after I got it.

Offline dem0critus

mechanical and gaming
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 18:07:26 »
Honestly, I can't tell if it's that a mechanical keyboard just feels nicer to me, which makes me better at gaming, or if its having a better sense of exactly when each key is actuated makes it more effective...

Either way, from experience I can't imagine how a non-mech keyboard would be better for gaming, but I definitely like a mechanical keyboard better (used das, model m).

Offline Gin

mechanical and gaming
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 18:11:32 »
placebo

Offline LEGITBALLIN

mechanical and gaming
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 18:12:08 »
i notice my apm jumped from around 110 from a  rubber dome to around 200 in starcraft when i switched to cherry mx browns on my Das.
V-tec just kicked in yo\'

Offline LEGITBALLIN

mechanical and gaming
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 18:12:52 »
Quote from: Gin;467965
placebo

this could also be a reason
V-tec just kicked in yo\'

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
mechanical and gaming
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 19:24:24 »
I am pro player
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline F u r u y á

mechanical and gaming
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 20:36:46 »
Also, your IQ is greatly improved by mechanical keyboards. This substantially affects your decision making in RTS games and, of course, your mechanicals.
Filco 91 | Filco 87* | Filco 105 | PLU 87 | PLU 87 | Cherry 120 | Cherry 120