Author Topic: Is it possible to move Switches around? (on K90)  (Read 1032 times)

Offline kwin1337

Is it possible to move Switches around? (on K90)
« on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 13:53:12 »
So there has been much debate over the Corsair K90. I just had a question that cross my mind, not sure if it is even possible or not.
Is it possible to move lets say the numpad red switches with the rubber doom switches such as the macros / esc - F keys? I don't use the num pad much, and would rather have red switches on the macros / esc F keys.

I was hoping bestbuy can get a stock of them so I can just mess with one, and if worst comes to worst I can return it screaming I speaka no engrish.

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 13:55:53 »
No, they are completly different technology.
So I should add something useless here yes? Ok, ok...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 23:24:05 »
You could do it "in theory" but it would require case modding (to get the mechanical keyswitches to fit in the plate/case) rewiring (wiring the new switches in where the old ones were) as well as more switches, and too much time and patience. It would probably be easier to just start fresh with a custom PCB, and a hunk of aluminium, though.

Ekaros is right, due to the completely different technology. your best bet is to petition corsair to be smarter in the future.