Author Topic: Unicomp Inc Keyboard not working.  (Read 2122 times)

Offline super-6-1

Unicomp Inc Keyboard not working.
« on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 10:00:02 »
Hey guys! as my first post im sorry but i have be a "lurker" for some time. Well i came a crosed a Unicomp Model: M Computer Internation Inc keyboard. I got it for 2 bucks and its mechanical so i couldn't pass it up. Well as im wondering i pluged it in and turned the computer on to test it. As of now the Num lock light is working but the computer doesn't seem to like any key at all. I was wondering if there is a special driver for it? it is native PS2, I am using Windows 7 64 bit. If someone can help thats awesome! Also if this is the wrong thread please let me know!.

Offline super-6-1

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 10:03:17 »
Where do i go on the wiki? also i have had other mechanicals and they worked just fine ( IBM modle m's razer ultimate and so on ) and this is the first one... it should work no?

Offline super-6-1

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 10:09:50 »
ah ok... well im going to try this on another comp and see if its just my computer let me check it out.

Offline super-6-1

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 10:36:49 »
Alright so looking at it.... i tried it on another computer, nothing happened. I wanted to see if linux would work so i got that.... Well it didn't work but for some reason it worked but then the keys where always being pressed as if it was a delay in something. After that i didn't work again... Maybe its the keyboard?

also so people know this as well. Its the "terminal" version if im right. or the POS version without the card scanner. Its the 125 (?) key version.

EDIT

ok so this is really odd.... I rebooted my comp back into he PS2 as it was on... and now it works... i think that is really odd how that did that, never had a case that did this with the PS2 post.. I will do some more work and see what happens as i keep using it.

Also i wanted to point out that this is a bukaling spring keyboard because i can here the spings "ring" somtimes as i type  also, i wanted to add that some keys i had to remap and most of them the program Sharpkey didn't even know what they are. The only one i did remap was the enter key since it entered a od Hex code. So people know this if they happen to come acroset one. I am using it now and i am actually enjoying it!