Author Topic: What is the worst keyboard youve ever used  (Read 13744 times)

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
Re: What is the worst keyboard youve ever used
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 19:27:19 »
For me, the worst keyboard I've ever used were these Lenovo chiclet keyboards that if you didn't press the key directly on-center, it would stick to the side and have a very terrible feel. I prefer most other rubber domes to that one.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 20:20:33 »
No-one listed the Apple butterfly keyboard yet?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But thatís incorrect. Itís in HHKBís slogan, but when Americaís cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ThereminGoat

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 11:39:51 »
I've been (un)lucky enough to get to try out one of those expensive laser stand keyboards that just projects the keyboard layout onto the desk in front of you. Absolute garbage. It's literally just sitting there and smashing your fingers into the desk and often times the keystrokes don't register well/mis-register.

Online Gati

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 14:23:14 »

Those are pretty nice tho... I reached my fastest typing speed on one of those

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ♪ buckling ping ♪
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 02 January 2019, 03:51:17 »
209832-0

It was also the most colourful, though.
We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated. Ė Donald Trump (Feb. 23, 2016)

Offline StickyBlueJuice

• Tactile pls
    • gNUBBi
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 02 January 2019, 03:59:03 »
Worst keyboard I've had was a razer blackwidow I think it was. One of the earlier ones.
Thing broke 2 months in. I didn't even bother going back to the store to get a new one I just bought myself another model instead.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 02 January 2019, 09:09:45 »
(Attachment Link)

It was also the most colourful, though.

Found one of those at a thrift shop the other day, can confirm.

was more than tempted to buy it for the nice red coiled cable though :)

Offline AlexG

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 02 January 2019, 09:54:16 »
Varmillo va68. The PCB that thing uses is garbage. Plus the space bar had the worst rattle I'd ever heard. Will never buy a Varmillo again.

Offline Sintpinty

• I can't afford a keyboard. Instant Meals=<3
    • My promotion link
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 09:39:03 »
Cherry Stream 3.0, for ~20Ä.
After just one week, the escape key broke out and escaped.

The Smart Keyboards on the iPad Pro are pretty bad and probably rank among the worst I've used, although I suppose for what they are they get the job done.
Both of the things that you've said are quite funny. The escape key broke out and escaped. In the past, usually the keys which are vulnerable to popping or oofing out are the keys that are never used, like that disgraceful numpad 0.
Sent from a trash bin.

Offline Michka

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 15:44:06 »

That's the one that made me realized how far we went on producing crap in name of design.
+1 on worst keyboard ever (whatever you try to do with it).

It made me discover this wonderful world of mechanical keyboard enthusiasts... so i think i won't be that mad at it.

In the month following the use, i was hunting for a IBM model M to plug in it... (it was my main keyboard for a while, back in the days),  too month later, i was getting back from storage my box of old Apple Extended Keyboard II and getting to know more about interface ps2/usb and adb/usb..

finally a blessing in disguise.

IBM Model M french Layout (Main work usage) ;
Apple Extended Keyboard II French Layout (Home usage).

Offline mattlach

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 15:59:16 »
I don't know.   The scissor switches that are in most Laptops these days and Apple's flat aluminum desktop keyboards are pretty awful.

The worst of these are probably the ones built in to late gen low-cost Dell laptops that I have worked on for family because they were "slow".  The apple ones aren't much better though.  I don't understand how anyone types on those.

At work they gave me some Logitech wireless rubber dome **** as well, and that is pretty bad.

Offline Ruskie

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 00:05:47 »
I grabbed a G80-3000 SAV for the caps, and, just for ****s and giggles, I tried it out with the caps for a week. Dear god, it was awful. I truly do not understand how Cherry thought that would be pleasant to use or even at all better than a rubber dome. They truly cause pain in my knuckles when I type due to the unnatural force needed to bottom it out. Cherry truly ****ed up when modern MY was invented.
Ive got myself a beefy boi

-Alf F62PE
-PCB Mount ZealV2 67g
-GMK KA1953 "OG Classic Retro"

8 pounds of clack

Offline BundleOfJoysticks

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 00:55:34 »
2017 MacBook pro keyboard.
2018 MacBook pro keyboard.
Apple magic keyboard.
The awful clear acrylic rubber domes Apple shipped with the G3-G4 era desktops.

Apple keyboards and mice are garbage.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 01:57:03 »
One of those roll-out silicon mat keyboards. It's like typing on the ass of a Real Doll with mumps. Disgusting.