Author Topic: Kana & Kinzu V2  (Read 12624 times)

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 19 December 2011, 17:16:18 »
Look like Kinzu v2 still uses the same crappy sensor.
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline guilleguillaume

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 19 December 2011, 17:54:16 »
Evreybody says Kinzu is crap but I don't think so. I've been using it for over a year and It's just fantastic for me.

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 19 December 2011, 21:14:34 »
Kinzu has a horrible sensor jitter/skip pixels @ 1800DPI leading me to believe the sensor is highly interpolated and the scroll wheel started to to act crazy only after 2 weeks.
I have 2 that failed the same way. Never going to try Kinzu again unless it's the Kinzuadder.
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline guilleguillaume

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 01:41:23 »
Quote from: squarebox;474122
Kinzu has a horrible sensor jitter/skip pixels @ 1800DPI leading me to believe the sensor is highly interpolated and the scroll wheel started to to act crazy only after 2 weeks.
I have 2 that failed the same way. Never going to try Kinzu again unless it's the Kinzuadder.

I don't use 1600 dpi so I actually don't care about it skipping pixels with it but I understand that it should be a big deal for some people. My scrollwheel is fine! The main complaints I've read are about acceleration which I like on this mouse, matter of preferences.

By the way is the only mouse which I'm comfortable with right now.

New Kinzu doesn't use the same sensor as the actual one.

Offline shogrran

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 02:00:21 »
I have been waiting for the kana ever since I got the Sensei :D

Funny cause supposedly the kana is less than the Sensei but I think not.

The Sensei is a superior mouse but I have problems with its size. So the smaller kana would be a welcome change.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline byFd

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 03:05:28 »
kana is smaller than sensei?
anyone know the size relations between xai and sensei?

i'm interested in the xai but might aswell get the sensei for 10€ more^^
White Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless MX Browns
White Noppoo Choc Mini MX Reds
KBC Poker X MX Reds

Offline pruik6

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 03:19:03 »
there is new sensor in the kinzu 2 different sensor as the kinzu one no jitter and accelaration anymore .
so dont say things before you not know it its a pixart sensor so i let you know

Offline RamaBot

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 06:24:41 »
Quote from: byFd;474257

The Xai is exactly the same size as the Sensei.

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 21:22:37 »
Quote from: pruik6;474262
there is new sensor in the kinzu 2 different sensor as the kinzu one no jitter and accelaration anymore .
so dont say things before you not know it its a pixart sensor so i let you know

I knew that they are using pixart sensor this time.
Kinzu here cost USD50 here and past experiences with Steelseries aren't exactly good. Tried Xai as well, it's wasn't that fantastic either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm neither a Razer fan nor a Steelseries Hater. I like Steelseries for their mousepads and Razer for their mice.

Offline shogrran

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 22:57:30 »
Quote from: byFd;474257

The kana is smaller I believe. But the Xai I think is exactly the same size. Not really sure which mouse you are referring to in your comment since you mentioned kana in your first sentence and xai in the 2nd. They are two different mice.

Although I am not really the expert on the mouse sizes, you can check the dimensions of each of the mice mentioned on the SteelSeries website.

I'd say if you are planning on getting a xai then get the sensei instead. But there's a lot of benefit in getting the kana.
1. i believe its definitely going to be cheaper than the sensei and if we are lucky cheaper than the xai as well. Judging from the info in the website, probably in between the price of a kinzu and a sensei.
2. size-wise if you have smaller hands or a different grip, like me, you'll find it easier to hold than either the sensei or xai.
3. basic but essential features. There's a lot of bling in the sensei but I have to admit, not really that essential.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 December 2011, 23:11:26 by shogrran »
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline byFd

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 21 December 2011, 02:54:01 »
well i just asked 2 different questions there :D

and i got quite big hands, so i guess i'd go with the xai or the sensei.
currently using a logitech G5 or something. which still works so i don't need a new mouse just yet. but somehow i want to lol.
White Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless MX Browns
White Noppoo Choc Mini MX Reds
KBC Poker X MX Reds

Offline Gfresh404

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 21 December 2011, 03:18:10 »
The Kinzu is an awesome mouse and I have never had a single issue with the 2 I used to use.

But for me, the pinnacle of mouse perfection is the Logitech G1

Offline pruik6

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 21 December 2011, 04:27:42 »
There are coming two versions of the Kinzu v2 "pro"  the pro has omron switches under the buttons .
Means higly quality longer durable and nicer feedback.
So i ordered my kinzu v2 pro if its good i'll get the mouse tommorow,so i can write little mini review here

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 21 December 2011, 06:47:10 »
I really wish that they would update the ikari laser as the ergonomic shape was near perfect. The kana's side buttons look nice wonder how the feedback is compared to the sensei.

Offline pruik6

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 21 December 2011, 06:55:43 »
Yeah its all about preferences long time ago i used palm mouses, just for comfort and not serious games.
But now i be lot older and still game i swapped from palm grip to fingertip/claw a couple of years ago.
For my hand is that better ,ihave big hands but use the smallest mice without hand fatigue.
So can't wait till tommorow on the new kinzuv2 pro with omron switches new sensor that they say that is elimated jitter and mouse in build accelaration.

You guys know can i use a optical mouse with hardmousepad such as SS9hd or works it better on cloth?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 21 December 2011, 07:03:43 »
Quote from: pruik6;475091
Yeah its all about preferences long time ago i used palm mouses, just for comfort and not serious games.
But now i be lot older and still game i swapped from palm grip to fingertip/claw a couple of years ago.
For my hand is that better ,ihave big hands but use the smallest mice without hand fatigue.
So can't wait till tommorow on the new kinzuv2 pro with omron switches new sensor that they say that is elimated jitter and mouse in build accelaration.

You guys know can i use a optical mouse with hardmousepad such as SS9hd or works it better on cloth?

The surface shouldnt matter much with a optical mouse just use what you prefer.

I had a xai at one point but after being used to the ikari laser i couldnt get used to the shape right away and the side buttons kinda bugged me quality wise along with the fact that they were on both sides.

Offline popol

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 21 December 2011, 08:05:26 »
thought Kana and Kinzu was a gay couple at first...

Offline pruik6

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 23 December 2011, 03:42:40 »
awesome mouse, there are two versions of the kinzu 2 and kinzu 2 pro  the version i have is the pro has glossy grip with rubber side grip with omron switches under the buttons high end switches.
Mouse has dpi switch ,to switch between 400,800,1600,3200 dpi enough for evry gamer low sems to high sens gamer.
Sensor in the mouse works good no problems so far and the clicks on the pro version is godlike and form factor is nicer then my salmosa and my zowie mico and many more moueses.

Offline popol

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 23 December 2011, 03:53:27 »
Quote from: pruik6;476517
awesome mouse, there are two versions of the kinzu 2 and kinzu 2 pro  the version i have is the pro has glossy grip with rubber side grip with omron switches under the buttons high end switches.
Mouse has dpi switch ,to switch between 400,800,1600,3200 dpi enough for evry gamer low sems to high sens gamer.
Sensor in the mouse works good no problems so far and the clicks on the pro version is godlike and form factor is nicer then my salmosa and my zowie mico and many more moueses.

unfortunately this mouse lacks of side buttons. At least one.

Offline guilleguillaume

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 23 December 2011, 11:39:50 »
Just ordered a black Kinzu v2 Pro Edition few minutes ago for 35,90€. Should arrive next week so I woul be able to compare between the old Kinzu as my favourite mouse and this new one.

Bought a Razer Scarab too to replace my big Qpad HeatoN.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 23 December 2011, 13:05:55 »
from reading the description of the Kana it doesnt say anything about the switches so should I assume it doesnt have omron ones?

Offline RamaBot

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 23 December 2011, 20:11:25 »
I couldn't care less what switches it has as long as they work.
For me the size shape and positions of the switches are all that matter.

Even though I think the Xai is great, the Kana is attractive to me because of the optical sensor and the two big side switches.
They are obviously trying to appeal to the Intellimouse optical users out there. And as I am one of them I feel the call.
I'm sure the IO 1.1 didn't have omron switches and it didn't stop me loving it for years.

So, even though I love the Xai. And the Kana probably has inferior switches. I will eventually buy one.

After all, all I ever wanted was an IO 1.1 with a higher DPI.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 26 December 2011, 08:54:34 »
Quote from: RamaBot;476949
I couldn't care less what switches it has as long as they work.
For me the size shape and positions of the switches are all that matter.

Even though I think the Xai is great, the Kana is attractive to me because of the optical sensor and the two big side switches.
They are obviously trying to appeal to the Intellimouse optical users out there. And as I am one of them I feel the call.
I'm sure the IO 1.1 didn't have omron switches and it didn't stop me loving it for years.

So, even though I love the Xai. And the Kana probably has inferior switches. I will eventually buy one.

After all, all I ever wanted was an IO 1.1 with a higher DPI.

I care just like i care whats in my keyboard,maybe i am going to have to look at the sensei again as i am also a palm gripper so it bigger size might be a plus.

Offline cROKODILE

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 26 December 2011, 14:34:10 »
Both have "OK" optical sensors.

Offline pruik6

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 27 December 2011, 12:36:50 »
whats best mouse you guys think for SS kinzu 2 pro edition i have 3 good  pads Qpad CT Qck+ or SS 9 HD witch you guy think is the best and whats the best for this mouse..

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 27 December 2011, 17:06:02 »
Quote from: pruik6;478449
whats best mouse you guys think for SS kinzu 2 pro edition i have 3 good pads Qpad CT Qck+ or SS 9 HD witch you guy think is the best and whats the best for this mouse..

Slow down buddy and punctuate. Also, it's kinda off topic. Maybe start a new thread?

Offline Henry Allen Venture

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 31 December 2011, 08:47:54 »
Pretty happy about the Kana - I didn't know it existed.
I might buy a white one to go with my incoming white Leopold.
Current collection:
Filco Majestouch 104-Key, w/ MX Browns
IBM Model M 52G9700
Leopold FC200R, "white" w/ MX Clears
Ducky DK9008S \'Shining\', white backlit w/ MX Blues
Cherry G80-3494(LCYUS-2), w/ MX Reds for Portal Mod

Not mine, but I\'ve got access to:
Filco Majestouch Linear R Limited Edition, w/ MX Reds
Filco Majestouch 2 \'Ninja\' Tenkeyless, w/ MX Blues
Leopold FC500R, w/ MX Browns

Offline Oranjoose

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 09 January 2012, 17:34:34 »
Hey, I did a review of how the Kana feels against the Kinzu/Xai if this'll help.
PS: Note the Filco tenkeyless with double-shot keycaps =P
--------------------
[video=youtube;yOhqbsKG2L0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOhqbsKG2L0[/video]

Offline guilleguillaume

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 11 January 2012, 13:02:50 »
Quote from: Oranjoose;486883
Hey, I did a review of how the Kana feels against the Kinzu/Xai if this'll help.
PS: Note the Filco tenkeyless with double-shot keycaps =P
--------------------

Very good review :whoo:

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 11 January 2012, 13:30:56 »
Seems like its just another skin of the kinzu..
Peripherals:
Realforce 87uw with grey caps,Ducky YOTR Blues,Realforce 104ug Hipro,Zowie Am FG,WMO 1.1a,Sidewinder X3

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 12 January 2012, 08:42:21 »
I think that I may look into the Kana the comparison review kinda sold me.

Has anyone broken down the kana yet?
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 January 2012, 11:42:46 by TheProfosist »

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 15 January 2012, 20:03:07 »
Anybody noticed the weight of the Kana? Seventy-two grams, less than the seventy-seven on the Kinzu? It's beyond me how such a big mouse as the Kana could be so light. And I'm really getting tempted. Even though I have a Logitech G9X right here. I wish I could try both the Kana and the Kinzu out somewhere but alas. :( Maybe if I promised to buy either one if they'd let my try both. And my money doesn't grown on trees. :(

Offline Oranjoose

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 16 January 2012, 16:08:04 »
Quote from: NewbieOneKenobi;491308
Anybody noticed the weight of the Kana? Seventy-two grams, less than the seventy-seven on the Kinzu? It's beyond me how such a big mouse as the Kana could be so light. And I'm really getting tempted. Even though I have a Logitech G9X right here. I wish I could try both the Kana and the Kinzu out somewhere but alas. :( Maybe if I promised to buy either one if they'd let my try both. And my money doesn't grown on trees. :(

Watch the video I posted on page 2 of this thread, it answers the Kana-lighter-than-Kinzu mystery.

Offline popol

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 20 January 2012, 00:33:32 »
I find out that Kana has a terrible LOD.

Offline Creizai

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 21 January 2012, 11:30:22 »
I wish I could swap out the Zowie AM Optical in the Kana, because the Kana looks like its closer and better to the IMO 1.1a.

Offline popol

Kana & Kinzu V2
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 03:37:09 »
Moreover the coating is wearing off ultra quickly on the left and right click!!!
Awful...