Author Topic: ALT and WIN is taking over my computer! Help :o  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Ghostpixel

• I <3 Topre!
    • Elliot Ghost Photography
ALT and WIN is taking over my computer! Help :o
« on: Fri, 30 December 2011, 14:30:10 »
My computer have been acting weird today. It keeps pressing alt and windows key without me even touching the keyboard or mouse... Sometimes several times per second, and sometimes a few times every minute or so. Very random. I tried chaning my realforce for another board and it still happens. It even happens without any keyboard plugged in at all! It did happen a few months ago for a while, but then it went away. I got to thinking why it is win key and alt that is spooky, and then it hit me that i changed my left win key to alt in the registry a long time ago. Must be some freaky stuff happening there? Its hard to type when you keep getting ALT and WIN in your face all the time, so i can barely search for it on google. It has stopped for a few minutes now thank god so i can type this, but very annoying for sure :) I cant really remember what i changed in the registry either and i dont want to wipe it 100% clean. Anyone remember how to change values for keys in there? Have to try something to get rid of this special problem.
REALFORCE 88UB / APPLE AEKII [mod.] / MX REVOLUTION / QPAD HEATON XXL

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 30 December 2011, 15:42:55 »
KeyTweak can show you the key remappings in the registry, as well as set or clear them.
Also check that Sticky Keys hasn't enabled itself.

Offline emptyB

• http://acidinks.com/
dddddddd
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 30 December 2011, 16:34:05 »
my respect for you  
;-)

Offline Ghostpixel

• I <3 Topre!
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 31 December 2011, 00:21:53 »
Hmm, i know i have used key tweak in the past, and when i used it now it said i have remapped left win to alt. I removed it and restarted. But my problem is still here, even though now it only comes once in a while. Pretty weird. Virus?

Offline Ghostpixel

• I <3 Topre!
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 31 December 2011, 11:00:37 »
Think i fooled around with sharp keys too at some point... Anyway, i ran both ad aware and superantispyware. It found a bunch of stuff, but it didnt help the problem.

Offline sordna

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 31 December 2011, 13:39:10 »
Boot your computer with a linux CD and run "xev" and see if you get keypresses there too. If you do, it's something wrong with the keyboard, otherwise it's a OS/software issue on your Windows.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Ghostpixel

• I <3 Topre!
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 01 January 2012, 02:23:46 »
Not sure if i need to try that, cause it still happens with other keyboards plugged in, and it still happens with no keyboard and no mouse plugged in at all! :)

Think its time to reinstall :(

Offline sordna

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 01 January 2012, 04:33:25 »
Well, I was hoping you'd also see how much better Linux is :-) I sure like being windows free!

Happy 2012 !
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Ghostpixel

• I <3 Topre!
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 01 January 2012, 06:22:56 »
I wish i would take the time and effort to convert to Linux for sure :) I tried it like 15 years or so ago, but it was to complicated for me then. I guess its easier now, but i still hesitate cause of games and some programs.