Author Topic: Razer Goliathus Control vs Speed.  (Read 4823 times)

Offline FinancialWar

Razer Goliathus Control vs Speed.
« on: Fri, 13 January 2012, 18:26:10 »
Need a mouse pad for my Razer DeathAdder, looking at the Goliathus pad, which version should I get the speed version or the control version. I don't game but I have multiple monitor set up and want something that can cover it all.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 13 January 2012, 19:21:25 »
They are opposite or counter intuitive speed = control, control = speed. They base the naming scheme of the sensitivity and the way the material works with said sensitivity.

Control is for low sensitivity and speed is for high sensitivity. Control has less friction and stiction(static friction) so it's faster, while speed has more friction and stiction(static friction) and is slower. It can also be personal preference depending on which mousepad you want. Along with the size of your mouse feet which can change the feel of the mouse. But the general consensus on the internet is what I mentioned about the differences.

Offline CaiSter21

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 14 January 2012, 02:41:24 »
really?

doesnt the rougher surface of the control cause it to have more friction?
Therefore, wouldnt the control be the slower one?

Just asking because I have both a razer goliathus control and a steelseries qck and the goliathus control feels slower to me than the qck ( which i imagine is similar to the razer goliathus speed).
Ducky Shine DK 9008S Red LED |Rosewill RK-9000BR

Offline FinancialWar

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 14 January 2012, 03:55:44 »
need someone with both the Control and the Speed version to do a comparison.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline pruik6

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 14 January 2012, 08:23:49 »
i have them both Goliathus speed and control ,most of the people use control for high sens and speed for low sens.