Author Topic: SIIG MiniTouch New and Sealed in Box - early model never opened  (Read 2131 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
SIIG MiniTouch New and Sealed in Box - early model never opened
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 10:02:38 »
Every time this keyboard comes up, I have to state how awesome monterey blue alps feel :thumb:
Keyboardless

Offline REVENGE

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 00:22:35 »
Monterey controllers are a study in marginally acceptable signal protocol implementation.
◕ ‿ ◕

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 02:04:48 »
Quote from: tsangan;500616
Every time this keyboard comes up, I have to state how awesome monterey blue alps feel :thumb:

The Montereys are great on the MiniTouch. I don't think they're Alps, though they use compatible key caps. I like 'em better than SSKs. But best of all....retro beige!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 08:27:13 »
I don't like anything else about these boards, but I  LOVE  Monterey blue switches.

PS - he dropped the price $10 from yesterday
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 06:26:00 »
Quote from: fohat.digs;501451
I don't like anything else about these boards, but I  LOVE  Monterey blue switches.

PS - he dropped the price $10 from yesterday

Still have to thank you for selling one of these boards :thumb:
REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline notnay

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 18:46:45 »
Could someone perhaps explain to me the difference between the auction in the OP and these two?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MiniTouch-Siig-mini-mechanical-clicky-keyboard-/320841732822?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item4ab3a852d6#ht_2920wt_1397

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIIG-Inc-Enhanced-80-key-Keyboard-PC-Mini-Touch-Plus-New-unopened-box-/310376776406?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item4843e5c2d6#ht_809wt_1140

I'm guessing the latter keyboard doesn't actually have the ALPS switches but the first one seems fine. Just curious why the New one in the OP is going for 129 o.0

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 19:12:21 »
The one in the OP have Monterey blue switches

The first link you posted was regular white alps, which doesn't feel as nice (difference is like night and day)

The second link you posted is a regular rubber dome and not a mechanical keyboard
Keyboardless

Offline wilsongunawan

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 20:22:38 »
he say only ship it to usa.. so sad.
Currrent : Siig minitouch <blue monterrey alps>, kbt-RACE <cherry mx-red> with green LED, Filco MJ2 <cherry mx-ergoClear>, IBM model M