Author Topic: Router causing random disconnects in certain games?  (Read 28468 times)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Router causing random disconnects in certain games?
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 07 June 2012, 15:10:10 »
Quote from: smknjoe;609202
When you get booted from the server are you able to browse the web normally? Do you only notice this when online gaming?

Yes, I am almost constantly surfing the web when playing GW, like right now for instance, and I have never had any issues browsing the web, loading youtube videos etc. when getting dropped. My first response to getting booted is almost always to check if browsing the web still works just to make sure.

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 07 June 2012, 18:50:05 »
Well, I think your question has more or less been answered.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 07 June 2012, 19:27:54 »
So you're saying the game is the problem here? Because that still doesn't explain why two different games get the same kind of error at the exact same moment.

Anyways, you lot have been more than helpful enough and I thank you for putting up with me and my lack of knowledge.

I have attached a few networktest files in case anyone's interested.

While I'm pretty sure a few of the 007 errors I get in GW are issues with the gameserver, I'm still pretty sure the router isn't exactly making things better.

I'll try bypassing the router when I get the chance to hog all the net for a while and see if that makes any difference, if it does then I guess that means a new router.

Like I said, thanks for putting up with me, you can consider this closed I guess since I'd feel bad for making you spending more time solving my problems when I'm being this difficult about it.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 07 June 2012, 20:04:44 »
Quote from: vun;609479
So you're saying the game is the problem here? Because that still doesn't explain why two different games get the same kind of error at the exact same moment.

Unless I missed it, doesn't appear that you stated previously that the two different games get the same kind of error at the exact same moment. If that is true and the game servers are different then it would tend to point to something common and away from the game servers. Will be interested to see what happens when you bypass the router.

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 07 June 2012, 20:27:13 »
I'm saying read through the thread and you will have your answer. Do what has been suggested, when you can, and you will find the source of the problem.

Although it looks like you may have entered a line or two of erroneous data, your results suggest a stable network connection between the source and destination.
SSKs for everyone!