Author Topic: GeekHack: Pistol and Rifle - General Discussion and Picture Thread  (Read 338556 times)

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
Re: GeekHack: Pistol and Rifle - General Discussion and Picture Thread
« Reply #1200 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 23:34:44 »
Haha good pics....I like Haley.

Been a while since anyone posted here. I don't have anything new and exciting ...yet.

Yea .... Thought I would give it a bump since I haven't posted in a bit ... been busy and have some new stuff to show... ending the year with a bang ... hahahaha sorry for the pun  :p
REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1201 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 23:42:23 »
Good stuff, that's one of my favorite artists  :D. Here's his pixiv page with all his work in case you haven't seen it yet (you may have to make an account I think).

Looking forward to seeing your new stuff  :)

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1202 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 23:55:14 »
Good stuff, that's one of my favorite artists  :D. Here's his pixiv page with all his work in case you haven't seen it yet (you may have to make an account I think).

Looking forward to seeing your new stuff  :)

Thanks for the link... I will have to take a look at his stuff....

Some pics for the thread.... showed some pics of the pistol before I got it, but finally have it home.. its even more beautiful in person ... the mirror finish bluing is amazing... almost to pretty to shoot... hahaha

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1203 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 23:59:19 »
Some 9mm Nighthawk Nightowls ....

Loved my first blued Wilson, ended up getting another blued one in another blued finish but bull barrel

Always wanted one of these after reading the FBI trials for this pistol...

Springfield Armory Professional Railed

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1204 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 00:23:04 »
I need a 1911 in my life...been on my list for a while now. I have a bookmark sub-folder filled with Wilson combat, nighthawk, and STI/SVI stuff. I'm jealous of your stuff jpm...but my wallet isn't.

Oh and your friends brother is making me a holster for my salient, I'm pretty excited about it. Seems like he's really busy making them which is fantastic.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1205 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 00:29:39 »
I need a 1911 in my life...been on my list for a while now. I have a bookmark sub-folder filled with Wilson combat, nighthawk, and STI/SVI stuff. I'm jealous of your stuff jpm...but my wallet isn't.

Oh and your friends brother is making me a holster for my salient, I'm pretty excited about it. Seems like he's really busy making them which is fantastic.

That's great to hear, I just saw him two week aog as I was buying a pistol from him...

He told me he was like 5 weeks lead time right now.... getting very busy and probably only going to get busier ....

What are you having him build for you?

also forgot to ask how your salient was doing???

Here is a new company I definitely got my eye on...Agency Arms

https://www.facebook.com/AgencyArms

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1206 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 00:49:03 »
Oh ya I've seen some of the agency stuff...I think from his instagram. Looks pretty good to me, I'm watching it as well.

The salient is still going strong. I cleaned it the first time before I first shot it and haven't cleaned it since. Probably only 5-600 rounds out so far...more than half are reloads that are pretty dirty. Wanting to see if it will choke but so far it's been chugging along as a glock should.  I didn't have to touch any of the springs, it handles underpowered reloads and hot defense ammo without skipping a beat. Very happy with it.

He's making me an appendix rig for it...if the gun keeps doing everything well it'll work it's way into the lineup. It's actually pretty comfortable in that position too.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1207 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 00:54:24 »
What options did you pic for the holster? Material , color , etc ... He has so many options it's crazy and hard to choose hahahaha

Oh ya I've seen some of the agency stuff...I think from his instagram. Looks pretty good to me, I'm watching it as well.

The salient is still going strong. I cleaned it the first time before I first shot it and haven't cleaned it since. Probably only 5-600 rounds out so far...more than half are reloads that are pretty dirty. Wanting to see if it will choke but so far it's been chugging along as a glock should.  I didn't have to touch any of the springs, it handles underpowered reloads and hot defense ammo without skipping a beat. Very happy with it.

He's making me an appendix rig for it...if the gun keeps doing everything well it'll work it's way into the lineup. It's actually pretty comfortable in that position too.

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1208 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 01:08:04 »
What options did you pic for the holster? Material , color , etc ... He has so many options it's crazy and hard to choose hahahaha

He does have a ton of options...I went through his instagram pics for almost a week haha.  I went with his appendix rig set up to ride a bit lower than normal. When I inquired about it he said his personal holster is set up the same way.

The color inspiration came from my Marine Corps dress blue jacket. I couldn't get an exact match on the really deep dark blue (I didn't even ask because I know how busy he is getting) so I went with black suede with red stitching over kryptek yeti kydex on the inside. Should be close enough I think.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1209 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 01:18:36 »

He does have a ton of options...I went through his instagram pics for almost a week haha.  I went with his appendix rig set up to ride a bit lower than normal. When I inquired about it he said his personal holster is set up the same way.

The color inspiration came from my Marine Corps dress blue jacket. I couldn't get an exact match on the really deep dark blue (I didn't even ask because I know how busy he is getting) so I went with black suede with red stitching over kryptek yeti kydex on the inside. Should be close enough I think.

That sounds nice ... I like the kyrptek stuff he is doing ... Can't decide what holster I want him to do next....

Also probably going to bite the bullet soon on a salient glock soon .... I have a used salient m&p9 I bought off my friend coming home with me soon ... Pick it up this Saturday , can't wait.

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1210 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 01:37:18 »
Well I guess we all have more pics to look forward to  :thumb:

I don't think you would be disappointed with the glock...or m&p for that matter. If I had to leave my house right now with only what I could carry, the salient would be going with me.

Speaking of leaving I'm starting to think I need to get out of my state. The cost of living and economy here are horrible and the gun laws are out of control again. My brother has been in TX for 17 years now and I'm thinking it might be time to join him. The gears are in motion that's for sure. That's part of the reason I have been holding back on firearm buying recently...putting aside all the money I can. If I do make the move I know I'm going to need a bigger safe.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1211 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 01:59:00 »
Well I guess we all have more pics to look forward to  :thumb:

I don't think you would be disappointed with the glock...or m&p for that matter. If I had to leave my house right now with only what I could carry, the salient would be going with me.

Speaking of leaving I'm starting to think I need to get out of my state. The cost of living and economy here are horrible and the gun laws are out of control again. My brother has been in TX for 17 years now and I'm thinking it might be time to join him. The gears are in motion that's for sure. That's part of the reason I have been holding back on firearm buying recently...putting aside all the money I can. If I do make the move I know I'm going to need a bigger safe.

I'm broke right now living in California, I cant imagine how broke I would be in Texas..... if you do move out there you should have some nice new toys for sure... hahahaha

Forgot to tell you.... I got the SAI magwell  when they had their black Friday sale based on your feedback and I do like it... very minimal but functional also. I was going to get the basepads but they were sold out at the time.

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1212 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 02:16:22 »
Quote from: jpm804 link=topic=32329.msg1565010#msg1565010

I'm broke right now living in California, I cant imagine how broke I would be in Texas..... if you do move out there you should have some nice new toys for sure... hahahah

I would be broke for sure...I spend a lot of time as of late thinking about uppers and lowers for a pistol build....10.5 or 11.5 in 5.56 or .223 wylde....or maybe 300 blk? Form 1 a suppressor...oh the options hahaha. Helps keep my motivation to do it high.

Glad to hear you like the magwell. It grows on me more and more every time I forget that it's there until I use it. It does a great job at what it's design intentions are.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #1213 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 08:06:16 »
If you're gonna do a pistol upper, I'd go 300blk, especially if you're going to suppress. Short barrel 556 is freaking loud.

I've been kicking around the idea of doing a 22 pistol upper. Seems like it'd be a lot of cheap fun. I'm sitting on a stripped upper and lower right now that I can't decide what to do with.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1214 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 11:30:17 »
If you're gonna do a pistol upper, I'd go 300blk, especially if you're going to suppress. Short barrel 556 is freaking loud.

I've been kicking around the idea of doing a 22 pistol upper. Seems like it'd be a lot of cheap fun. I'm sitting on a stripped upper and lower right now that I can't decide what to do with.

I'd really have to step up my reloading game if I went with the 300blk. I think a subsonic pistol cartridge in a dedicated suppressor gun would be a lot of fun as well.

The only thing I can guarantee is I would take full advantage of living in a better state than I currently do.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1216 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 17:30:19 »
Wow, that's a lot of 1911s! I'm beginning to think I need one too  :p

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1217 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 01:26:01 »
Wow, that's a lot of 1911s! I'm beginning to think I need one too  :p

Do it Do it Do it....  :thumb:

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1218 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 02:01:01 »
I think I found my new favorite compact ....  :p

Nighthawk Costa Compact

First compact 1911, so I was worried if the recoil / muzzle flip would be different than a fullsize... would have to say this is my new favorite combo ...4.25 slide on an officer frame.  :thumb:

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1219 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 22:05:33 »
Compact 1911s are fun. How many 1911s have you bought this year? Seems like your 1911s outnumber my entire collection.  :))

I got the start of something awesome today...

More

Not exactly sure what I'll put on it yet, but I'm thinking it'll probably have a 16" barrel and a low power magnified optic.  :)

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1220 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 00:29:48 »
I dont want to think how many I bought .... Wallet is still hurting .... Hahaha :p

Is that .308 mega set??? That will be nice ... Any idea what other parts u gonna do with it.

Compact 1911s are fun. How many 1911s have you bought this year? Seems like your 1911s outnumber my entire collection.  :))

I got the start of something awesome today...

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Not exactly sure what I'll put on it yet, but I'm thinking it'll probably have a 16" barrel and a low power magnified optic.  :)

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #1221 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 19:05:20 »
I don't like 1911s because I can't reach the mag release. 

However for some reason I can on the FNX-45 with it's double stacked .45 ACPs.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1222 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 20:20:19 »
I don't like 1911s because I can't reach the mag release. 

However for some reason I can on the FNX-45 with it's double stacked .45 ACPs.

If you haven't tried one yet with an extended mag release, you should since it does make actuating the mag release easier on a 1911...

I have them on all of my 1911's and they are great ( don't have a long thumb either) also they aren't extremely long which it would imped function or carry options.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #1223 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 17:22:05 »
So how about the new Glocks leaked? 34s and 35s with pre-milled slides for Optics and a longslide 10mm?
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1224 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 18:40:17 »
So how about the new Glocks leaked? 34s and 35s with pre-milled slides for Optics and a longslide 10mm?

Saw that news also ... I guess glock saw how good the M&P core was doing and decided to put their own model out.

Cant wait to see the other new stuff being announced at Shot Show this month...

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1225 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 11:50:01 »
I dont want to think how many I bought .... Wallet is still hurting .... Hahaha :p

Is that .308 mega set??? That will be nice ... Any idea what other parts u gonna do with it.

Whoops, forgot to come back and check this thread :))

It is! Not totally sure yet. I really want to put the URX 3.1 on it but it's soooo expensive  :(. I might cave and do it anyway. This project will definitely run on for a while because I can't afford to build it up all at once right now.

Pretty excited about that longslide 10mm. From the pictures it looks like it's the length of the 17L. I wonder why they made the 41 shorter...

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #1226 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 00:14:09 »

Pretty excited about that longslide 10mm. From the pictures it looks like it's the length of the 17L. I wonder why they made the 41 shorter...

Probably because Glock already had the 6" barrel... http://us.glock.com/products/model/g40gen4mos . I'll stick w/ my 20 for now tho :)

Preparing for the weekend...

Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #1227 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 05:59:40 »

Probably because Glock already had the 6" barrel... http://us.glock.com/products/model/g40gen4mos . I'll stick w/ my 20 for now tho :)

Show Image

That Glock you linked was actually just announced yesterday and added to the site. Its what we were talking about.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #1228 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 23:15:29 »

It says it can take down Russian boar, but can it take down Russian bear?

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1229 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 23:51:34 »

Oh yeah! I forgot all about the 6" G20 barrel. That makes sense.

That picture makes me want to get back into reloading  :)

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #1230 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 00:53:48 »
That picture makes me want to get back into reloading  :)

W/ the prices and availability for 10mm Auto ammo it's the only way I can justify shooting my G20... Plus it's fun :)

Going to pick up today's impulse buy tomorrow -- a 17L. Looking forward shooting that thing :)
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #1231 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 03:07:39 »
What an interesting night...  I brought my dad's 10/22 to my place so I can use it (now that I have a range membership), had it wrapped in a white cotton painter's sheet when I brought it in since I'm in a new place and not sure how the neighbouring families would react (hippies/anti-gun types abound in this town).  I spent the evening cleaning it to get ready for the range tomorrow, as it's been stored unused for several years, got a new trigger lock on it so I can store it legally at my place.  Sorted out all my dad's old 22lr ammo by type, after playing the ID game.  Fresh box of 500x Rem Thunderbolt (which I now learn has issues with lead deposits in the bore, good thing I'm bringing my bore brush).  All ready to go for the morning, about to head to bed and I hear cops on the street behind my place on the megaphone saying to get down, hands on your head and all that.  I open my curtains, expecting flashlights in my eyes thanks to nosy neighbours.  Luckily they were just arresting some punk on the street, but their approach was more akin to a dangerous situation than a rabblerouser, and with the trees I couldn't hear what the officers were yelling.

It's 1am and my upstairs neighbour's dogs are still barking, let me sleep!
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1232 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 03:17:40 »
It has been a while since I posted here, but I do have a pretty good update...

I bought a pre-ban AR at the beginning of January. Here's a quick cellphone pic. It has Magpul furniture and a pretty decent stock trigger on it but otherwise nothing too stand out about it.

The big takeaway here is the PWA lower. PWA made stripped lowers and when they broke up as a company in the mid 90's the two owners went their seperate ways. One started Rock River Arms, and the other started LMT. From what I can tell the PWA lowers were made with some of the same tooling that LMT still uses today. Most consider PWA just an early LMT. The fit and finish of the lower is pretty good and everything is in spec. When I was hunting around the only other option I was interested in was a forged bushmaster lower, but I'm glad I found what I did.

I started trying to figure out what direction I wanted to take it. Since I live in Connecticut, it will most likely be the only AR in my safe so it has to be perfect. There's so many options out there for the AR platform, and it takes a lot of will power to just leave one alone. When it comes to firearms...that's a trait I don't have.

So then this happened...

Haven't shot it yet since I put everything together, but that's coming next week...

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1233 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 03:54:25 »
Atakp how did I miss this post, love the LVOA upper.

Have you shot it yet? Tempted to buy one of these or they salient version...

I bought a pre-ban AR at the beginning of January. Here's a quick cellphone pic. It has Magpul furniture and a pretty decent stock trigger on it but otherwise nothing too stand out about it.

Show Image

The big takeaway here is the PWA lower. PWA made stripped lowers and when they broke up as a company in the mid 90's the two owners went their seperate ways. One started Rock River Arms, and the other started LMT. From what I can tell the PWA lowers were made with some of the same tooling that LMT still uses today. Most consider PWA just an early LMT. The fit and finish of the lower is pretty good and everything is in spec. When I was hunting around the only other option I was interested in was a forged bushmaster lower, but I'm glad I found what I did.

I started trying to figure out what direction I wanted to take it. Since I live in Connecticut, it will most likely be the only AR in my safe so it has to be perfect. There's so many options out there for the AR platform, and it takes a lot of will power to just leave one alone. When it comes to firearms...that's a trait I don't have.

So then this happened...

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Haven't shot it yet since I put everything together, but that's coming next week...

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1234 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 13:01:14 »
Atakp how did I miss this post, love the LVOA upper.

Have you shot it yet? Tempted to buy one of these or they salient version...

Haven't shot it yet... everytime I get a free day we get snowed out. Doesn't help that the only way up there is with a 4wd vehicle even when there isn't snow on the ground.

The aimpoint PRO isn't on the rifle anymore and I have a T2 on order from Larue. I'll get better pics once it's set up the way I want it.

Figures that as soon as I get a 5.56 rifle the ATF proposes a ban on m855/ss109. People have been panic buying like crazy the last few days. Prices going way up even on the rounds that aren't effected.

Next purchase might be an agency glock.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 February 2015, 13:03:46 by Atakp »

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1235 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 23:14:16 »

Did you say Agency Glock ....  :cool:

Just got it back a week ago, finally slapped the sights on and took it out on Friday... It was a joy to shoot.  :p

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1236 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 23:30:38 »
Ya that looks fantastic! I'll most likely be picking up a gen 4 19 on Tuesday for the build. Undecided on the slide finish though. What are your thoughts on the trigger and overall fit and finish of the work?

I'm also undecided on the hybrid vs field...leaning towards the field even though it will have an RMR.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1237 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 00:16:20 »
I love the trigger ... Somewhat similar to the SAI flat face trigger. Need to put some more rounds through it to have a better opinion but i like it so far.

The quality of work is top notch , especially the slide milling and cover plate. The stippling is great and love the trigger guard undercut..... The ledge they stipple on it is great also to get additional pressure on the pistol from Recoil .... I had my reservations of that ledge but after actually shooting with it , it really does serve a functional purpose. Also first Glock with the finger grooves removed and didn't know if I would like it but it's nice in the end.

Agency has been great to work with and got my gun back in 4-5 weeks even though they quoted 6-8 weeks.... I got in before their official announcement so I assume they are only gonna get busier...

As for finish, I choose cerakote since since they mentioned meolonite/nitired fimish adds some time to the build ... Also friend who has several agency and SAI guns said cerakote seems to keep the slide cooler with longer strings of fire or high to quick rounds count sessions....

My next one will probably be a g19 hybrid since I'm gonna be running an RMR on it .... I figure kinda best of both worlds ... Slightly faster slide tracking , but not too much to throw balance off with an rmr. I have my other g19 with rmr and no cuts to compare it too .... Don't think you can go wrong with both...

Keep an eye out for the magwell ... Not sure when it's gonna be out Id pick it up if you could get it ... Looks nice.

Let me know if you have any other questions ...

Ya that looks fantastic! I'll most likely be picking up a gen 4 19 on Tuesday for the build. Undecided on the slide finish though. What are your thoughts on the trigger and overall fit and finish of the work?

I'm also undecided on the hybrid vs field...leaning towards the field even though it will have an RMR.

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #1238 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 22:30:41 »
New scope kept sliding back on the dovetail of the 10/22 on Saturday. Worked great when it stayed in place, moved out to 50yd after sighting in at 25.  Picatinny rail and rings en route.  Need to rework the trigger next.
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1239 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 23:16:58 »

I love the trigger ... Somewhat similar to the SAI flat face trigger. Need to put some more rounds through it to have a better opinion but i like it so far.

The quality of work is top notch , especially the slide milling and cover plate. The stippling is great and love the trigger guard undercut..... The ledge they stipple on it is great also to get additional pressure on the pistol from Recoil .... I had my reservations of that ledge but after actually shooting with it , it really does serve a functional purpose. Also first Glock with the finger grooves removed and didn't know if I would like it but it's nice in the end.

Agency has been great to work with and got my gun back in 4-5 weeks even though they quoted 6-8 weeks.... I got in before their official announcement so I assume they are only gonna get busier...

As for finish, I choose cerakote since since they mentioned meolonite/nitired fimish adds some time to the build ... Also friend who has several agency and SAI guns said cerakote seems to keep the slide cooler with longer strings of fire or high to quick rounds count sessions....

My next one will probably be a g19 hybrid since I'm gonna be running an RMR on it .... I figure kinda best of both worlds ... Slightly faster slide tracking , but not too much to throw balance off with an rmr. I have my other g19 with rmr and no cuts to compare it too .... Don't think you can go wrong with both...

Keep an eye out for the magwell ... Not sure when it's gonna be out Id pick it up if you could get it ... Looks nice.

Thanks for the review sounds worth it to me. I think I'm going to go with the field with cerakote finish. I think I read that they do a black oxide base under the cerakote so that should hold up well if the cerakote wears over time.

I saw the prototype magwell posted and that's already on the to-do list. I like the salient one so I'm sure I'll like this one as well. I was going to hold out until they released them but ill probably just send the gun out anyway. Looking forward to this build.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1240 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 23:23:06 »
Just a reminder to send out the sights with the pistol so they can install them for you since they dont sell any sights. I forgot to send sights out so I just installed them when I got the pistol back, not big deal but if they can do it for you why not .... Remember to pick the sights based off of you know you will slap an rmr on it begin with ... Most popular sights will block the cover plate for the rmr ...

I would just ask about the magwell they might have them to sell when you get it back so that would be good timing ..

Thanks for the review sounds worth it to me. I think I'm going to go with the field with cerakote finish. I think I read that they do a black oxide base under the cerakote so that should hold up well if the cerakote wears over time.

I saw the prototype magwell posted and that's already on the to-do list. I like the salient one so I'm sure I'll like this one as well. I was going to hold out until they released them but ill probably just send the gun out anyway. Looking forward to this build.

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1241 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 00:05:13 »
Thanks for the reminder. I'll probably pick up some 10-8 suppressor height sights to send out with the gun. Once I get the gun and sights situated I'll give them a call. I'll let you know if they have an updated eta on the gen 4 magwells.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1242 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 23:48:09 »
Oh Gen 4 .... I thought you were getting a gen 3.... The gen 4 magwells they mentioned are gonna be a bit longer to produce due to the variations on backstraps.

If you haven't bought it yet, I would just do a gen 3 unless you were gonna do a larger backstrap. Only reason I did my gen 4 was I had it already and wanted to send out a gun for them to work on... I would have done a gen 3 if that was not the case ... Just my opinion.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll probably pick up some 10-8 suppressor height sights to send out with the gun. Once I get the gun and sights situated I'll give them a call. I'll let you know if they have an updated eta on the gen 4 magwells.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1243 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 22:29:04 »
It's been awhile, but I thought I would bump my thread.... haven't been posting much due to work and shooting bit more....

This is my new favorite shooter...

Since I'm shooting a bit more and ammo is pricey... Ive decided to reload my ammo now.. just started but its been fun learning... we got any other reloaders out there?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1244 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 22:34:16 »
I miss shooting things.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1245 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 22:46:56 »
Its a good thing you bumped the thread ...I've been meaning to post an update.

I have an aimpoint t2 on the lvoa now along with some railscales stuff which I really like. Nicest shooting AR I've ever been behind.

Got the agency 19 back a month ago or so. Really like their work. If you follow their insragram you may have seen it already, its the midnight bronze 19 they posted a couple pics of a while back.

As of now I have a Cajun gun works pro grade cz p09 on order but its still 6 or 7 weeks out until that gets here. I'll try to get some pics up soonish.

Nice Springfield also. I always say I'm going to get into 1911's but I keep buying more cz's

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1246 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 23:06:48 »
Its a good thing you bumped the thread ...I've been meaning to post an update.

I have an aimpoint t2 on the lvoa now along with some railscales stuff which I really like. Nicest shooting AR I've ever been behind.

Got the agency 19 back a month ago or so. Really like their work. If you follow their insragram you may have seen it already, its the midnight bronze 19 they posted a couple pics of a while back.

As of now I have a Cajun gun works pro grade cz p09 on order but its still 6 or 7 weeks out until that gets here. I'll try to get some pics up soonish.

Nice Springfield also. I always say I'm going to get into 1911's but I keep buying more cz's

The more I shot my agency, the more I like it. I still want a salient glock to compare it too...

Quit tempting me with that warsport... hahahaha I want to buy one but funds have all been diverted to reloading... with the elections coming up don't want to get caught in a panic year without any ammo so I'm doing this as preventive measure.

Also it sucks 9mm has been going down a lot but .45 has not which I shot the most...

Let me know how that CZ is? I want to send a p01 to CGW or CZC to get some work done eventually... I miss my P01 I sold.

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1247 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 23:42:01 »

The more I shot my agency, the more I like it. I still want a salient glock to compare it too...

Quit tempting me with that warsport... hahahaha I want to buy one but funds have all been diverted to reloading... with the elections coming up don't want to get caught in a panic year without any ammo so I'm doing this as preventive measure.

Also it sucks 9mm has been going down a lot but .45 has not which I shot the most...

Let me know how that CZ is? I want to send a p01 to CGW or CZC to get some work done eventually... I miss my P01 I sold.

I'll definitely let you know about the p09. I hear that the recoil impulse is different than the accushadow so I'm interested to see that.

As far as the agency vs the salient, I'm not really sure. They both shoot well. The biggest thing for me was adjusting to the RMR. I feel a lot more confident with irons even though my speed at presentation and tracking the dot has improved drastically.

Good choice on the reloading. Times ahead will be interesting for sure.

Oh and as far as tempting you on the lvoa...I'll refrain from really getting into it. All I'll say is after the first 5 shots I think my first thought was "oh my god" followed by pure bliss ever since. That is all haha.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1248 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 04:57:02 »

Show Image

So then this happened...

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

It's been awhile, but I thought I would bump my thread.... haven't been posting much due to work and shooting bit more....

This is my new favorite shooter...

Show Image

Show Image

Since I'm shooting a bit more and ammo is pricey... Ive decided to reload my ammo now.. just started but its been fun learning... we got any other reloaders out there?

Did you say Agency Glock ....  :cool:

Just got it back a week ago, finally slapped the sights on and took it out on Friday... It was a joy to shoot.  :p

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

im ****ing  m o i s t  already but
theres a distinct lack of gangster af smg's

show me your shady uzi's with weird silencers and wooden parts, skorpions with sponges taped on the stock, tec 9s with homemade parts
step it up
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline RED-404

« Reply #1249 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 23:24:11 »
My grandpa recently passed away. I was digging around in his closet and found this.
It's probably not worth all that much, but I'm keeping it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 May 2015, 23:26:18 by RED-404 »