Author Topic: scissor switch with softest rubber domes  (Read 1510 times)

Offline galerian

scissor switch with softest rubber domes
« on: Fri, 27 July 2012, 16:54:05 »
in my search for the quietest scissor switch keyboard, i've found two main things that distinguish a quiet from a louder board. the scissor switch mechanism determines the degree of wobble, and the soft/stiffness of the rubber dome determines the loudness of the rebound. ideally for sound reduction purposes, a key would have minimal wobble and soft domes.

so far, i've found the siig mini usb keyboards to have the softest domes, followed by the kensington ci73.

does anyone know of any more scissor switch boards with a soft feeling keypress? or a place where i can buy relatively soft domes?

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Re: scissor switch with softest rubber domes
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 28 July 2012, 09:24:37 »
The new fujitsu convertible tablets (T901,T731) have much softer domes than the older ones. I believe the now laptop (S761) has the same keyboard. It doesn't feel nearly as good as the older one, but the domes are soft, and it's pretty quiet.

Offline galerian

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 28 July 2012, 17:03:21 »
sorry i wasn't more specific, but i meant usb keyboards that are meant for use with desktops.

Offline Zykos

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 July 2012, 22:45:47 »
If you want a quiet keyboard you can always get those silicon flexible one although they feel like crap.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 28 July 2012, 22:48:44 »
An Apple wireless keyboard with a silicon cover is pretty darn silent. They also make a great scissor switch. Also the Bluetooth works flawless in these boards.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 05:11:51 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 14:24:13 by davkol »

Offline planeswitch

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 09 August 2012, 00:48:30 »
The Silent Topres are very very quiet and they have very solid feeling keys...