Author Topic: Post your clacks!  (Read 8006670 times)

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Post your clacks!
« Reply #16150 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:03:01 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:47:29 by alienman82 »

Offline joey

« Reply #16151 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:04:47 »
I'm not sure why he has to sell stuff.. but ok!

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16152 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:05:42 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:47:27 by alienman82 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16153 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:14:01 »
noisyturtle, are you still hoarding spumoni?

haha.  Tam literally never will sell anything or trade unless it's super piss poor  in his favor.  He's very much the guilty person here.  Even another Vietnamese user put in his signature that he is not a bad man like nguyenkimtam

If it's that guy from the  Jane drama, it's out of spite and accusation.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16154 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:15:57 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:47:25 by alienman82 »

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #16155 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:26:19 »
I'm not sure why he has to sell stuff.. but ok!

Has 6x 356mini won't trade one even.  a little bit hoardish.. I don't care about clacks

He doesn't owe you a keyboard though.

Wingnut is a little weird.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16156 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:28:06 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:47:23 by alienman82 »

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #16157 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:28:24 »
lol

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #16158 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:29:52 »

I wouldn't call a single cap hording. Also didn't buy Spumoni, it was a gift/prize. It's totally up for trade if the right offer came along, and that offer isn't cash.

You don't have one cap that you love?

Offline joey

« Reply #16159 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:33:54 »

I wouldn't call a single cap hording. Also didn't buy Spumoni, it was a gift/prize. It's totally up for trade if the right offer came along, and that offer isn't cash.

You don't have one cap that you love?
I have multiple :P

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #16160 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:35:54 »

this thread sucks

DEAR NEW MEMBERS. DON'T FALL FOR THE HYPE AND INFLATED PRICES THESE ARE ASSOCIATED WITH. DON'T OVER PAY BECAUSE YOU WANT ONE(jcrouse will try to pay more than you anyway). BE PATIENT AND YOU'LL EVENTUALLY GET ONE IN NON RIP OFF PRICES. THIS ISN'T AN ELITE CIRCLE. JUST A BUNCH OF HOARDERS.

friendly PSA brought to you by demik.

always relevant
I love Elzy

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #16161 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:40:01 »

this thread sucks

DEAR NEW MEMBERS. DON'T FALL FOR THE HYPE AND INFLATED PRICES THESE ARE ASSOCIATED WITH. DON'T OVER PAY BECAUSE YOU WANT ONE(jcrouse will try to pay more than you anyway). BE PATIENT AND YOU'LL EVENTUALLY GET ONE IN NON RIP OFF PRICES. THIS ISN'T AN ELITE CIRCLE. JUST A BUNCH OF HOARDERS.

always relevant
Truth.

Establishing friendships is likely to help more than a wad of cash.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #16162 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:40:49 »

this thread sucks

always relevant
Truth.

Show Image

:thumb:

so many frundships

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16163 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:41:13 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:47:19 by alienman82 »

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #16164 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:48:29 »

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #16165 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:49:48 »

this thread sucks

always relevant
Truth.

how about 2 wads of cash
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline joey

« Reply #16166 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:50:56 »
Show Image

Was that free with the coffee + donut special?

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #16167 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:52:12 »
crap i ate all of my hi chews.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #16168 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 20:37:31 »
Geekhack, where hoarding keycaps is only allowed if you are an "in" member, and you aren't allowed to own a rare keycap unless you are an "in" member either.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #16169 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 21:41:31 »
Geekhack, where hoarding keycaps is only allowed if you are an "in" member, and you aren't allowed to own a rare keycap unless you are an "in" member either.

Damn sure seems like it sometimes don't it?
Although I don't think I would consider some of these people hoarding them "in" members  :))
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
« Reply #16170 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 21:58:50 »
Well , i'm sure that some people in there tried to sell Clacks for profit although in public , they are always want to show that they hate the hoarders or high price items :/ . But yeah, just a few , almost Geekhack guys i know are great :)
Btw , there are many Clacks i traded , not only use cash :thumb:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #16171 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 22:07:30 »

I think it comes down to who has more caps, which boils down to seniority... or at least it used to. It's great new enthusiasts can amass a collection with stacks of cash in months that would've taken 4-5 years to get through CC sales and trades only, but you can see why some folks might be a little salty about it.  The hobby blowing up in the last few years has its ebbs and flows.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16172 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 22:13:38 »
that would've taken 4-5 years to get through CC sales and trades only, but you can see why some folks might be a little salty about it. 
while it did take me years to collect, the journey itself was fun. The lost in sales/clackvent, the patiently waiting for the right deal, etc. Wouldn't have give that up. The climate is very different now though since people are willing to pay lots of cash for a clack. It's hard to trade now because the value is just too high to risk posting them via snail mail.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #16173 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 22:17:46 »
that would've taken 4-5 years to get through CC sales and trades only, but you can see why some folks might be a little salty about it. 
while it did take me years to collect, the journey itself was fun. The lost in sales/clackvent, the patiently waiting for the right deal, etc. Wouldn't have give that up. The climate is very different now though since people are willing to pay lots of cash for a clack. It's hard to trade now because the value is just too high to risk posting them via snail mail.

Yes, there are more trades recently that have fell through or I've backed out of because of something fishy than ones that have gone well.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #16174 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 22:45:46 »
So many clackvents just end up being sold, there are people passionate about the hobby and the profiteers who enter all sales with a chance to flip.

Then there's the mentality you need to start anywhere to uptrade to what you want as well.

Personally I started out only entering for what I wanted, but now I've been entering for stuff I might like.

Also I've bought and sold clacks over retail, it's pretty much trading although I've definitely put in much more then I made out.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 November 2016, 22:48:41 by Serendipity »
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #16175 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 22:56:29 »
I wasn't around during Clackvent so when I see some 3 dots in the back of a Clack I said to myself wtf is this!  Must be some Chinese rip-off or something.  :))
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #16176 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 23:18:54 »

I think it comes down to who has more caps, which boils down to seniority... or at least it used to. It's great new enthusiasts can amass a collection with stacks of cash in months that would've taken 4-5 years to get through CC sales and trades only, but you can see why some folks might be a little salty about it.  The hobby blowing up in the last few years has its ebbs and flows.
It might be nice to see people who are more active in the community get the caps. The thing is, those stacks of cash are going to the established members, who have made the decision to sell to the highest bidder instead of doing the "right" thing by selling/trading at retail value. They hide behind PMs and throwaway ebay accounts. Those sellers are the ones who are supplying the caps to the hoarders. And sure, some of the big collections DO take years to amass, but there are established gh members who throw their money around and grow their collections very fast, and the only difference between them and the bad hoarders is the number of posts they have on the site.

If someone is willing to spend 500 dollars for the caps, they won't get a single one if everyone had the same values of keeping it in the community. And it is not wise to assume that a lot of those caps being sold for those prices aren't coming from established community members, as I said above, so many throwaway ebay accounts and behind closed doors transactions.

And ultimately, yes the rising price of artisans over the past years isn't great, but people embrace it, even if they won't admit it, because it gives their caps value. Winning a sale for a 50 dollar cap, knowing it is worth hundreds is exciting, and makes you feel like you aren't wasting your money.

Do you really think people would be spending half, maybe even more than half of their day straight staring at the clackvent thread to win caps that are worth 50 dollars and will always be worth 50?  :))

Offline DreaMagine

• Head and shoulders, keys and toes
« Reply #16177 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 23:42:05 »
Do you really think people would be spending half, maybe even more than half of their day straight staring at the clackvent thread to win caps that are worth 50 dollars and will always be worth 50?  :))

There is something to be said about the rush of euphoria you get anticipating when the clackvent thread will open. I know that I get all shaky and the adrenaline starts pumping when the thread unlocks.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16178 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 23:53:39 »

There is something to be said about the rush of euphoria you get anticipating when the clackvent thread will open. I know that I get all shaky and the adrenaline starts pumping when the thread unlocks.

lol You were the first to post in many of them!

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #16179 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 00:00:00 »
Maybe late for the Halloween party  :confused:
CC Candy Corn Skulls by Minh Nguyen, on Flickr
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #16180 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 01:27:12 »

Definitely this, I do it for the rush! and the clacks

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16181 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 02:41:13 »

It might be nice to see people who are more active in the community get the caps. The thing is, those stacks of cash are going to the established members, who have made the decision to sell to the highest bidder instead of doing the "right" thing by selling/trading at retail value. They hide behind PMs and throwaway ebay accounts. Those sellers are the ones who are supplying the caps to the hoarders. And sure, some of the big collections DO take years to amass, but there are established gh members who throw their money around and grow their collections very fast, and the only difference between them and the bad hoarders is the number of posts they have on the site.

If someone is willing to spend 500 dollars for the caps, they won't get a single one if everyone had the same values of keeping it in the community. And it is not wise to assume that a lot of those caps being sold for those prices aren't coming from established community members, as I said above, so many throwaway ebay accounts and behind closed doors transactions.

And ultimately, yes the rising price of artisans over the past years isn't great, but people embrace it, even if they won't admit it, because it gives their caps value. Winning a sale for a 50 dollar cap, knowing it is worth hundreds is exciting, and makes you feel like you aren't wasting your money.

Finally someone calls the monster by it's name. Sometimes I feel like I'm sorounded by magpies hunting for each shinny marble ... it's like this hobby is reduced to only one thing... sad
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #16182 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 04:58:03 »

Finally someone calls the monster by it's name. Sometimes I feel like I'm sorounded by magpies hunting for each shinny marble ... it's like this hobby is reduced to only one thing... sad

Couldn't help myself, the imagery was too great :)

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16183 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 05:31:28 »
The **** is wrong with you guys?

Getting all hot and bothered because one person decided to show off their collection. And honestly, it's not even that large compared to some I've seen. It's not like he's ****ing synjin or 3love, actual hoarders. I mean, he could just ****ing not even show his caps at all that way he wouldn't get berated by a bunch of twats.

****ing get over it you salty ****s.

Just to stay partly on topic, here's some TRASH CAPS.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #16184 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 05:44:38 »
The **** is wrong with you guys?

Getting all hot and bothered because one person decided to show off their collection. And honestly, it's not even that large compared to some I've seen. It's not like he's ****ing synjin or 3love, actual hoarders. I mean, he could just ****ing not even show his caps at all that way he wouldn't get berated by a bunch of twats.

****ing get over it you salty ****s.

Just to stay partly on topic, here's some TRASH CAPS.
Show Image

Meh, 5/7

Offline joey

« Reply #16185 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 05:49:35 »
I mean, he could just ****ing not even show his caps at all that way he wouldn't get berated by a bunch of twats.
So much this. :thumb:

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16186 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 06:04:06 »
I don't give a flying **** about one individual, it's the big picture that bothers me.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16187 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 06:21:48 »
Who cares about what people choose to do with their money and keycaps?

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #16188 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 07:12:13 »

Relevant as always, look at how I treat my keycaps I don't deserve them right does it make you butthurt I have these and choose to throw them on the floor :dogethink:
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16189 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 07:14:00 »
nevermind....
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 November 2016, 07:16:24 by DanielT »

Offline joey

« Reply #16190 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 07:14:30 »

Relevant as always, look at how I treat my keycaps I don't deserve them right does it make you butthurt I have these and choose to throw them on the floor :dogethink:
WTF??? How dare you treat them like that. They need love, not abuse.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #16191 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 07:15:42 »
Take the garbage to the therapy thread. I come in here for hot pix.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline joey

« Reply #16192 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 07:17:43 »
Nice parcel <-> contents size ratio:

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #16193 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 08:26:52 »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16194 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 08:44:58 »
Show Image

:thumb:
I really wish I knew who was the ******* who sold that wingnut in the first place... I don't wish to go that road again and explain why it was wrong to do that because nobody will understand.
I have I theory about the original owners identity but if I say anything I will get stoned, because it's ok to sell a gift here, not to mention the fact that I contributed with money to have those wingnuts made in the first place...
The **** with the last trace of decency...

P.S: I hope at least you know the meaning of that cap :(
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 November 2016, 08:52:19 by DanielT »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16195 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 08:51:38 »
Show Image

You don't need the medical bills excuse anymore.   :p

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #16196 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 08:56:40 »
Show Image

What about law school?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #16197 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 09:02:55 »
Take the garbage to the therapy thread. I come in here for hot pix.

I love Elzy

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16198 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 09:04:07 »
Show Image

What about law school?

I can use that excuse?

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?