Author Topic: NIB Belgian ALPS - Black Complicateds?  (Read 851 times)

Offline flashstar

NIB Belgian ALPS - Black Complicateds?
« on: Tue, 16 August 2011, 02:58:18 »
I looked at purchasing one of those boards but concluded that there is a big chance that those key switches are either black ALPS or more likely, rubber domes. I would not want to take the risk. The seller has had those keyboards in stock for months.
Keyboards: Omnikey 102 (complicated whites), Omnikey Ultra T (blues), Omnikey 101p (FUKKAs), Focus FK-2001 (comp whites), Escom (blues, for parts)

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 August 2011, 14:50:30 »
If that's the Alps model I think it is (and it probably is) it's going to be black switches. Looks like a localized version of the Dell AT-101; certainly the right body, and Dell was OEMing those from Alps. I'd compare closer, but I too hate the black Alps and have none to compare with. Definitely not a white, sadly. Only guaranteed white I know off the top of my head is the Focus FK2001.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 August 2011, 15:06:31 »
Quote from: ripster;399989
The ALPS Wiki lists keyboards by switch.  Sorta - the world of ALPS is kinda random like quarks.

Yeah; my uncertainty stems from that oddball enter key. I THINK that's just a localization change but I have no way to be certain short of popping the keycap. The model does line up; I've never once seen a CL188nn with rubber dome though. Only black and white. (... that sounds kinda racist, now that I've typed it.) ;)
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.