Author Topic: [GB] ♡ "VALENTINE" Pink & White Double-shot keyset ♡ [completed]  (Read 204149 times)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
you get to pick:

keyboards or real life

not both

Damn, you guys are really hardcore.......  :o

Offline Glissant

you get to pick:

keyboards or real life

not both

I choose both. I'm a rebel like that.

Offline feng

• * Vendor
Submitted a new order. Please delete my old one. :)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
ISO users, I need yours thoughts about this kit:
Wanna add some heart or anything?

Show Image

I do like that alot, though I wonder if it would look better with a little heart on the enter key?

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
Who gave you permission to use kbdmania svg?

Jil?

Jil, I'm also just wondering your answer for Demik's question as a member of KBDMania. :)

No reply from jil implies jil has no permission from kbdmania?

Offline litster

Jil, I'm also just wondering your answer for Demik's question as a member of KBDMania. :)

Give the poor guy an even break.  He's not like us sleeping on our keyboards 24/7.  He's probably got a life somewhere, out there and that's still more important.

At least he was online just 30 mins ago.  It is a simple yes or no question.  If it was so difficult to answer, then the answer is probably no.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
not nice to use something that doesn't belong to you.

And yet, it doesn't seem to stop anyone from buying MKC's wares.  Or Keycool's.  Or [insert other stuff, probably from China]

Offline litster

And yet, it doesn't seem to stop anyone from buying MKC's wares.  Or Keycool's.  Or [insert other stuff, probably from China]

Does that make it OK to make and sell kbdmania keycaps without kbdmania's permission?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
not nice to use something that doesn't belong to you.

I'm sorry but, take a forums' name without their permission isn't the same as mkc making a case for filcos.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
I'm sorry but, take a forums' name without their permission isn't the same as mkc making a case for filcos.

I thought he copied litster's acrylic case and the alu case design from Koala?  I could be wrong, I'm really new on this board.  If so, I'm sorry.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Fwiw, I was approached about doing a kbdmania SVG and I brought up the permission issue. I will let jil speak for himself, but the short version is that he talked to at least one kbdmania member and was under the impression that permission wouldn't be an issue.

I said I would talk to Taeyoung about it, but when I saw the kbdmania key posted in the OP I figured the issue was settled.

Offline litster

he was asked already by sherryton and was told "don't worry about it"

jil, are you a jedi?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"

I thought he copied litster's acrylic case and the alu case design from Koala?  I could be wrong, I'm really new on this board.  If so, I'm sorry.

that's why i dont buy from him

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Fwiw, I was approached about doing a kbdmania SVG and I brought up the permission issue. I will let jil speak for himself, but the short version is that he talked to at least one kbdmania member and was under the impression that permission wouldn't be an issue.

I said I would talk to Taeyoung about it, but when I saw the kbdmania key posted in the OP I figured the issue was settled.

Please if you have any influence here try and get this settled soon. Because it's starting to brew up like a good old fashioned Lynching, I think only Sheriff demik is looking for a strong tree to tie a rope around.

Please help to stop this before we all regret it.

I tend to take the idea that Jil is new at this, hence he is probably young, inexperienced and has no comprehension about copyright issues concerning this Group Buy.  Ideally someone (this Website) should produce any PDF/webpage outlining the important aspects of conducting a safe, successful Group Buy that pleases all concerned (legal and otherwise).  It should be all important RULES and REGULATIONS that need to be adhered to if any Group Buys are conducted here.

Because currently, any possible Corporation can go after this site (aka, like Demonoid style) if it sees it conducts an activity that is deemed illegal when it came to copyright infringement.  Please someone (any lawyer) pitch in and say I am totally wrong here............

I only included the admins of this site because you have COMPLETE Overlord Powers on this Forum, way above us lowly Mortals to help implement something before it's too late for everyone.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 September 2012, 19:15:45 by Elrick »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
huh?

i asked him a question that he ignored earlier.

jil likes to ignore suggestions and questions apparently.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
huh?

i asked him a question that he ignored earlier.

jil likes to ignore suggestions and questions apparently.

Yeah, maybe he's scared of you demik, you can be intimidating  ;D , that could be a possible reason why he's late in replying.

I sometimes PM people here, and I don't get any answers for days maybe weeks.  Hence I then get my reply.  You know the absence of anything could mean something.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
selective reading/answering would be my guess

Offline litster

If jil doesn't make it clear whether he has permission to make the kbdmania keycap or not, I would recommend mods closing this thread until there is a confirmation from jil.  I don't think we want GH and its mods to condone this group buy when kdbmania and its admins haven't given jil the permission to make and sell this key outside of kbdmania.  The good will we have going with kbdmania is way more important than this group buy.

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
Re to demik
Dont worry.
There is no problem to use kbdmania. Kbdmania logo is keycap shape with home.
This font design not need permission.
Another design using kbdmania is selling by jackass.

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re to demik
Dont worry.

are you one of the owners of kbdmania to give the okay?

it's not the font that's the problem. it's the name. if kbdmania owners are okay with it and gave OP permission, that's fine.

if not, that's not cool.

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
I was ask about permisson when i going gb.
Kant (kbdmania captain) said logo shape is only he consider for good item.
If you confuse, i will ask one more to kant.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
if kant says it's okay, then fine.

jil could have said he had gotten permission instead of being rude to sherryton and tell him not to worry about it.

we just don't want any bad blood in using something that doesn't belong to us without proper permission. you understand why we ask, right?

Offline Taeyoung

• Taeyoung / 낭만곰팅
Re to demik
Dont worry.

Hi lee,
Well, I don't agree with your thought on this issue.
And I don't think also all of the people of KBDMania agree with your thought.
I think you and I just a member of KBDMania but not admins.
That's because KBDMania is the name of our community but not just a logo of keycap.
In my opinion, jil should have made a contact with one of mods of KBDMania such as Kant before he just use the name.
Thanks,
Taeyoung

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
I think there may be a language barrier here, and it's not Jil's fault.  He's simply been buying time, since I've been coordinating some communication with hash, leesofi and Jil.  Sorry for the late response to this GB thread also, been too busy this weekend and things seem to have gotten a little wild.

leesofi has a PM out to Kant currently, and will be reporting back once he replies.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
Same is said with the DT logo

refer to this thread to see what happens when you don't get permission
http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/deskthority-keycap-now-for-sale-t3825.html

Keyboardless

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
everything turns out better than expected?
hopefully kant is as reasonable as mrinterface.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
Just get permission and usually everyone is cool but just don't go and do it and tell people not to worry
Keyboardless

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
haha yeah. seems the issue was resolved pretty quickly though. hope this turns out.

11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
everything turns out better than expected?
hopefully kant is as reasonable as mrinterface.

DT is getting donations from QWERkeys.  Maybe they'll be reasonable with donations.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 September 2012, 21:20:29 by sherryton »

Offline Taeyoung

• Taeyoung / 낭만곰팅
Just get permission and usually everyone is cool but just don't go and do it and tell people not to worry

Agreed :)

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
if kant says it's okay, then fine.

jil could have said he had gotten permission instead of being rude to sherryton and tell him not to worry about it.

we just don't want any bad blood in using something that doesn't belong to us without proper permission. you understand why we ask, right?

i understand :D

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
Hello guys! And sorry for being late. Busy you know, now I will reply to you :3

First of all, I still need more comments of ISO users over this ISO kit:

If everyone is fine, I will ask for a quote for it later today. So please let me know how you think about it.

I do like that alot, though I wonder if it would look better with a little heart on the enter key?

I'm afraid I can't add a little heart on the Enter key, because it could raise up the price so much. Instead, I'm thinking of a special Heart keycap in ZXCV row for ISO users. How is it?

Do you want to remove them all?

Just remove the spacebars (winkey and winkeyless) I ordered,
Baseset + Modified TSANGAN add-ons kit + Flag of Vietnam don't remove them please.

Cam on :D
Haha I see. Your order has been updated. Thank you!

We just need another 9 sets ...
I'm still waitting for the real HUGE order's coming, but atm I can tell you that we are at 100 sets price tier already!
I will update the 1st post when I have more time. And thanks everyone for your love in this keyset! <3

Submitted a new order. Please delete my old one. :)
Such an order! I like you as much as I like your order feng lol
Thanks for your order!

you get to pick:

keyboards or real life

not both

I choose both. I'm a rebel like that.
You're a lucky man. You can say that without any doubts. :3

Now to the real problem here.

First thing first, I'm sorry for being rude with sherryton. How rude I was. I didn't even think of your feeling, so sorry again sherryton. Hope you can forgive me.
Also, I will never say "don't worry about anything" with anyone here again for sure!

@demik, lilster: everytime, you guys can send me a PM if you want to get the reply sooner than usual. Sometimes I just login to read my PM and reply if I have time to do it. Sorry for not spending all the time with keyboards like many of you are here.

Looking at this thread, actually I can't imagine what you guys would said to tsangan. He has not had any reply for the people who are waitting for the CCnG set for 2, maybe 3 weeks? (tsangan, I know you are busy, so I did not keep asking you every 1 hour about my order ;))
I'm just out of this thread for 2, 3 days, and demik said that I'm a "selective reading/answering" guy, and lilster...? "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything". So, because I don't have time to say the nice things, I just remain silent till I have time. Another thing, I'm not native English speaker, so I don't say much. But I will if it's needed (Btw please forgive any mistake in this reply if it troubles you ;))

@demik: I'd like to listen to everyone's thoughts. But it's not mean that I have to do it the way as everyone wants it to be done.
Since you suggested your ideas about the keyset, thank you demik. I also want to say thank for everyone's suggestions for this keyset.
But I didn't do as you want so did I ignore you suggestions? No, I just had other thought. Especially while you didn't participate in this GB, your recommendations as not important to me as ones from people who are in the order list. That's the truth I can say if you really want to hear from me about "likes to ignore suggestions and questions apparently".

About the "KBDMania" keycap, if all of you say that I must have the permission from the KBDMania's admin to use the keycap, so I will ask for it.
But just don't say that I added the keycap because I want it to be added. Do not say it like you know I did it for myself. I could do it right at the begining, but I didn't.
I've been asked to add the keycap, by a Korean, in KBDMania community. Just like I added the "GEEK HACK" keycap because of a GHer's suggestion through the IC thread.

I don't tell you the name, because the guy reached me by PM, so I keep his name in Private (we call it Private Message, not Public Message right?). He can say it out himself if he wants.

@Tsangan: Since this Group buy is not a commercial sale, I don't agree with you Tsangan. Things are different here :) I'm not a nice guy, I don't say I do this GB for the community. I just do it for fun & joy. I think I want to do it, so I spend my time do it, but not do it for sale.

I still can restrict only Korean people can have the KBDMania keycap. But actually, I don't think the Korean want it to be done that way. They are not that selfish.

@Taeyoung: It's nice to see you Taeyoung. How are you doing these days? I hope you can help me to get the permission <3

Please if you have any influence here try and get this settled soon. Because it's starting to brew up like a good old fashioned Lynching, I think only Sheriff demik is looking for a strong tree to tie a rope around.

Please help to stop this before we all regret it.

I tend to take the idea that Jil is new at this, hence he is probably young, inexperienced and has no comprehension about copyright issues concerning this Group Buy.  Ideally someone (this Website) should produce any PDF/webpage outlining the important aspects of conducting a safe, successful Group Buy that pleases all concerned (legal and otherwise).  It should be all important RULES and REGULATIONS that need to be adhered to if any Group Buys are conducted here.

Because currently, any possible Corporation can go after this site (aka, like Demonoid style) if it sees it conducts an activity that is deemed illegal when it came to copyright infringement.  Please someone (any lawyer) pitch in and say I am totally wrong here............

I only included the admins of this site because you have COMPLETE Overlord Powers on this Forum, way above us lowly Mortals to help implement something before it's too late for everyone.

Thanks mate for your words. But if I'm the guy like what you said, I didn't even bother to talk to webwit and hashbaz asking for the awesome DeskThority logo keycap we have in this keyset ^.^

And yes of course, thanks Dan and Lee and Hash for showing up and explained everything. I'm bad to get you guys involed in this problem. 

Please forgive me for any mistake I made in this reply. I'm Vietnamese, not English or American. I do not have many words to say it fluently as you want to hear / read ;3

Offline litster

You wrote all that to say that you don't have permission to do the kbdmania keycap?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
You wrote all that to say that you don't have permission to do the kbdmania keycap?

which is all that we were asking for

Offline Taeyoung

• Taeyoung / 낭만곰팅
@Taeyoung: It's nice to see you Taeyoung. How are you doing these days? I hope you can help me to get the permission <3

:eek:
Sounds like you didn't try to make a contact with Kant or other KBDMania admins.
You are the organizer of this GB and I think you would try to do it yourself at least.
As I mentioned above, I just wondered your answer to the question of Demik just as a member of kbdmania.
Actually, I don't have any rights to that kind of things like giving permission because I'm not a mod and admin even though I can give you guys some official comments on KMAC stuffs cause I'm an official member of KMAC projects.
But this kind of GB has nothing to do with me.

As you might know, Kant is also good at communicating with in english.
Why don't send a PM to Kant in kbdmania?
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 September 2012, 03:25:42 by Taeyoung »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Please forgive me for any mistake I made in this reply. I'm Vietnamese, not English or American. I do not have many words to say it fluently as you want to hear / read ;3

Please you do not have to apologize for anything.  We occasionally forget that, not the whole world communicates in the English language and for many people it may be their 2nd or 3rd choice.

I still hope you don't walk away with a horrible feeling towards us, whether British, American or idiot Australians, we will strive in not making you feel inadequate when it comes to communicating with us.  I'm amazed at how patient you are in dealing with the 'crises' here on Geekhack.

I am truly sorry for my actions/comments in this venture.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 September 2012, 03:55:04 by Elrick »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
I'm afraid I can't add a little heart on the Enter key, because it could raise up the price so much. Instead, I'm thinking of a special Heart keycap in ZXCV row for ISO users. How is it?

hey that would be fine but I don't mind either way :P

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
hmm so very interested in this developing, please let us know when you get permission, until then im not ordering one.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
folks,

i just want to say that geekhack does not condone any unauthorized use of forum names or logos, including its own, kbdmania, etc. if jil decides to go ahead with the geekhack key without explicit permission from imav, or the kbdmania key without explicit permission from kant, i highly encourage folks not to purchase this set.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
I honestly don't quite understand the reaction here.  In the US, unless someone is asserting a copyright, design patent, or trademark, then everything is fair game as long as he doesn't claim to be the author.  This is generally true in most countries I think.  So unless you hold the trademark on "geek hack", or are asserting a copyright on the design of the geekhack key, I don't see a problem.  You don't see Cherry going around squashing the replica keysets, right?

I come from a background of heavy involvement with open source software.  I admire and encourage the process of sharing certain work for the good of the community; especially work that was derived from community resources.  Now, this part is purely my opinion, but I think that organizing a GB for the members of geekhack entitles him to include a "geek hack" key at the very least.  Likewise with the other forums.

Offline Bim Gao

I honestly don't quite understand the reaction here.  In the US, unless someone is asserting a copyright, design patent, or trademark, then everything is fair game as long as he doesn't claim to be the author.  This is generally true in most countries I think.  So unless you hold the trademark on "geek hack", or are asserting a copyright on the design of the geekhack key, I don't see a problem.  You don't see Cherry going around squashing the replica keysets, right?

I come from a background of heavy involvement with open source software.  I admire and encourage the process of sharing certain work for the good of the community; especially work that was derived from community resources.  Now, this part is purely my opinion, but I think that organizing a GB for the members of geekhack entitles him to include a "geek hack" key at the very least.  Likewise with the other forums.

yay, I oso think like him.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
[Order Thread] ♡ "VALENTINE" Pink & White Double-shot keyset ♡ ($69 base set)
« Reply #241 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 11:02:21 »
FFS

Ask iMav, Kant, and Webwit they will be cool with it and they will likely say yes and this will be all over. While yes this is not a sale but if you made a logo and someone goes and uses it without permission isn't the greatest.

In the end we are all just community why step on other peoples toes because we believe we can do this(which we can) instead why don't we just do it out of courtesy and really this would have been solved within a day.

IF they say no just out of respect we should not use it. Will it ruin the set? Of course not so everyone calm down from a simple issue and start arguing with each other and throwing down US rights and what not.

Play nice now kids
Keyboardless

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Agree with tsangan.  It's about respect, not trademark infringement.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
it's an issue of not just respect but donations as well. many (but not all I'm sure) 'forum logo' keys have a portion of the proceeds donated to their respective forums.
I would pay an extra 4-5 for that 'logo' modifier set (the only set i am interested in) if that money went to the respective forums.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
Enough, message has been conveyed.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
toooooooooold you, should have asked.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
PRICE BREAK!!!

Baseset now at $64/set <3
GDKV set now at $11/set <3 <3

6 more Tenkeypad 104 kits for the next price tier!!!

1 more Light Pink set, 2 more 6.2x Spacebar and 1 more 7x Spacebar to get a GO for all of them!!!

Offline yearn4

• formerly known as 4en
jil i really think you should remove the novelty keys from the light pink set
unnecessary to force some of us to pay extra when we don't want the novelty keys when there is another option strictly FOR those novelty keys labeled as GDKV set
so whoever wants the novelty keys can just order that and whoever wants both can order both
best of both worlds :)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
jil i really think you should remove the novelty keys from the light pink set
unnecessary to force some of us to pay extra when we don't want the novelty keys when there is another option strictly FOR those novelty keys labeled as GDKV set
so whoever wants the novelty keys can just order that and whoever wants both can order both
best of both worlds :)
I agree and don't exactly see how it would make the Light pink set cheaper. Unless you were just trying to push the GDKV set cheaper, in which case just removing it from light pink would also make it cheaper.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
As the base set is mainly for GHers, the Light Pink set is what I want to make for other communities or something like that if you understand what I mean. That's why it includes other logo keycaps than only GH. If we don't have the GDKV set, so all the legend fee will be charged diretly to the Light Pink set. The price will be high, less people want to buy it.

I received requests to purchase just the logo keycaps. That's why the GDKV set was provided later than the others... Since its price is more reasonable for someone, I hope many people can buy it to share the fees.

When I get the statistics, I can re-calculate the price. Then it will be cheaper for the Light Pink set. (Its price now is not the final price for each tier, it will definitely be cheaper later) <3