Author Topic: Dell AT101W && IBM Model M, 45$ shipped  (Read 2028 times)

Offline tobydeemer

Dell AT101W && IBM Model M, 45$ shipped
« on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 23:30:48 »
Sigh, been (perhaps excessively) trawling the Ebay lately. Came across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-2-Mixed-Keyboards-1-Dell-AT101W-1-IBM-1395665-/370630120414?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item564b46d3de

Have at it.
----
// SGI AT101 // SIIG Minitouch  // 87 & 93 & Terminal 122 Model M // Poker II Brown // CMS QFS Gateron Green // Alps GlidePoint Rackmount // DataGeneral 6311 Acer // ...annnnd some other randoms... //

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
Re: Dell AT101W && IBM Model M, 45$ shipped
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 05:50:23 »
Good lord! That's a bargain for the keycaps alone!
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 16:10:19 »
You think so?

Rawko is local to me and I have been inside a couple of times. They know exactly what everything is worth and rarely sell it for less.

The Model M terminal is missing a few keys, although I like that cover. A full set of Alps keycaps would be nice, I think the Dells were dye subs that held up well.

It is safe to assume that neither of these boards work.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 16:11:25 »
You should be able to get your money back on the caps and they'd still be of good use for personal use, and the boards are there for the switches if you want them. :)
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 17:26:12 »
My collection does not need to grow in volume, but I would probably have done it if the M terminal had standard function keys and home cluster.

Without those, and missing the Escape and numpad "0" I would have a bunch of difficult-to-fill gaps.

And I have 2-3 AT101s that are surely better than that one.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 21:51:12 »
My collection does not need to grow in volume, but I would probably have done it if the M terminal had standard function keys and home cluster.

Without those, and missing the Escape and numpad "0" I would have a bunch of difficult-to-fill gaps.

And I have 2-3 AT101s that are surely better than that one.
Yeah, and the unicomp replacements are always a little off.

AT101's have dyesub keycaps? that's interesting, though the keys on this one look a little shiny, so I suspect it's some form of ABS (Or it's super heavily used.)

Offline limmy

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 03:40:26 »
AT101's have dyesub keycaps? that's interesting, though the keys on this one look a little shiny, so I suspect it's some form of ABS (Or it's super heavily used.)
They are ABS and laser etched. I see some yellowing as well. The caps aren't worth much in my opinion.

Offline N8N

Re: Re: Dell AT101W && IBM Model M, 45$ shipped
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 08:28:00 »
You think so?

Rawko is local to me and I have been inside a couple of times. They know exactly what everything is worth and rarely sell it for less.

The Model M terminal is missing a few keys, although I like that cover. A full set of Alps keycaps would be nice, I think the Dells were dye subs that held up well.

It is safe to assume that neither of these boards work.

If you want Alps dye subs I have a SGI board posted in the classifieds.
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)