Author Topic: Best mouse for fingertip user?  (Read 27498 times)

Offline nodicaL

Re: Best mouse for fingertip user?
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 18:22:05 »
I tried Abyssus and I do think it's probably one of the better gaming fingertip grip mouse.  However I do have a few issues with it:

1. I wish the sides would curve in a little bit for better ergonomics, I find even the generic Logitech / Microsoft mouse feels more ergonomic to use and less boxy.
2. The gap between the body and click button sometimes "bite" my ring fingers when clicking down.
3. The lift off distance is a bit high for me but I guess that can be fixed by the tape trick?
4. I wish they have at least 1 thumb button on each side.  Comes handy when browsing the web and it's not too hard to add 1 extra button on each side.  Razer's Starcraft mouse proves that there is room to add thumb button in small mouse.

So hopefully the next version Abyssus can address that.

The tape mod does work for the Abyssus.  I had it on for a little while, but actually noticed that I hardly ever lift my mouse.

Offline Harlequin

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 21:47:27 »
I use my mouse by holding it with my fingertips, thumb and pinky mostly.

I'd like to know whats the modern replacement for a logitech MX310 ?

Ideally the same shape and weight as that mouse (which seems to be discontinued - no surprise).

I don't want: blinky lights, 30 macro buttons, useless LCD/LED indicators, steel/aluminium body, fans...

It must have a sane HID device profile out-of-the box, standard USB HID protocol, ~7 buttons (omron switches or similar).

What I'd really like to find is a mouse with the track-wheel on the side instead of the middle, and the middle mouse button where it used to belong, between the other two.

Zowie mico
Razer Abyssus
Logitech G9X

100% same opinion as tcv.

I've used all 3, the best mouse as G9X for me. but u need some time to get used to it.

DK Saver Winkeyless | Leopold FC700R | Ducky DK9087 Shine 2

Offline deegaf

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 17:07:46 »
I'm a claw gripper and I like the Logitech G-9 for gaming and the Logitech MX705 Wireless.  But since I'm on macs all the time, I use the magic mouse because of the touch features.

Logitech Anytime Anywhere hurts my hands though.

Offline Berticus

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 21:51:35 »
    Hyde, man, you're picky... I did a search for "fingertip mouse site:geekhack.org" and you're everywhere!

Anyway, I'm looking for a fingertip mouse too, and I've got tiny hands (7" in length, 8" in circumfrence). So I'm think 9--11 cm is probably a good length for me. I have a G5 and feel like it's too long, but I like the weight. So far I've come up with:

• CM Storm Spawn (mostly comments from Hyde)
    • Roccat Pyra (not sure if they've skimped on anything since it's a mobile mouse)
    • Tt esports Saphira (don't know how good the sensor is)

The Razer Abyssus and Zowie MiCO look great too, but only have 3 buttons, and I would prefer 5.

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 01:42:03 »
I too would recommend the Spawn. It's a great performer, fingertip mouse and cheap. Now it sits side by side with my Deathadder.
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 03:32:20 »
The Spawn is discontinued, at least here in Europe it seems, but the Xornet has the same shape.

Offline Berticus

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 07:43:38 »
Well, I've ruled out the Tt esports Saphira since the DPI settings are placed under the mouse.

The Spawn is discontinued, but I can still find it on amazon. I'm also considering the Xornet.

Offline raisinbun

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 08:05:16 »

The Taipan should have on-board memory, at least for that price, and would only require to be set up in Synapse once. While that is one time too many and an old fasioned driver would be far better, you only need an active connection while setting it up the first time. After that it's plug-and-play.

Sad but it doesn't have onboard memory as far as I know...

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 09:09:30 »

The Taipan should have on-board memory, at least for that price, and would only require to be set up in Synapse once. While that is one time too many and an old fasioned driver would be far better, you only need an active connection while setting it up the first time. After that it's plug-and-play.

Sad but it doesn't have onboard memory as far as I know...
Yeah, I read that recently. I just assumed it had at the time since at that price it damn well should.

Well, I've ruled out the Tt esports Saphira since the DPI settings are placed under the mouse.

The Spawn is discontinued, but I can still find it on amazon. I'm also considering the Xornet.
I believe the Xornet also has physical dpi switches on the mouse, the Abyssus has that as well. Even if the dpi can be adjusted in software most optical sensors will only have a few steps. If you want to fine-tune your dpi you might want to get a laser sensor.

Offline Berticus

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 09:36:00 »

I believe the Xornet also has physical dpi switches on the mouse, the Abyssus has that as well. Even if the dpi can be adjusted in software most optical sensors will only have a few steps. If you want to fine-tune your dpi you might want to get a laser sensor.

Yes, the Xornet and Spawn have dpi switches on the mouse. 2 dpi settings is good for most, 3 dpi settings will help just a little bit more.

Offline Berticus

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 15:09:48 »
Throwing another option out there: Logitech G300.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 December 2012, 16:07:01 by Berticus »

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 13:19:27 »
I've updated pics from the CM Storm Recon thread for those that are interested.  Personally I think shape is good but if only it's 10% smaller than maybe it would be good for fingertip.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34353.msg732208#msg732208

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline stingrae

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 13:33:25 »
The new version of the RAT 3 uses the same sensor as the cm storm spawn so it should be pretty decent but a bit of a risk if the firmware isn't good. Shape wise it's decent, buttons on old one feel 'ok' easier to click than a copperhead/diamondback not as easy as deathadder/spawn. Scroll wheel is better than the abyssus and the side buttons aren't bad. However this depends if they kept using the same parts, it was a cheap mouse though so hopefully it is improved.
Filco Ninja Tenkeyless  -Noppoo Choc MiniCm Storm Quickfire Rapid

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 14:24:08 »
I'm a fingertip user. Until the start of this year, I've been using a Razer Deathadder for four mounths. I have long fingers (and a somewhat big hand) and I can say this:

There is no way in hell the Razer Deathadder is a Fingertip mouse. Period.

I've changed it for a Corsair M60. And boy, that was a damn upgrade. This one fits my hand perfectly, the mouse itself doesn't feels like a cheap piece of plastic, it has better feets and a good laser sensor, so it works wherever I want it to,  regardless of mousepad (so, I didn't had to take my Razer Goliathus to use my mouse at college, +1).

While it does have its flaws (such as the horrible software, seriously, if you want macros, get away from it) and the Sniper button is indeed a gimmick, it's a nice solid mouse for fingertip users.

Now, it can also be a nightmare if you don't remove all of its weights. Seriously, this thing weights a LOT with all of its weights.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 December 2012, 14:27:08 by wetto »
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.