Author Topic: Tenkeyless without arrow keys?  (Read 3662 times)

Offline hellomrcat

Tenkeyless without arrow keys?
« on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 19:22:12 »
Hey guys, I'm looking into buying my second mechanical keyboard (first is a Das Pro w/ blues), and I wanted something a little more portable. My first inclination is a Filco Majestouch2 TKL, but after seeing some Happy Hacking keyboards and other boards of similar design, I was wondering if anyone knew of a keyboard that, like the HHKB, has no arrow keys, but still has window and function keys (F1, F2...etc). The only thing I've found that is somewhat similar is the Noppoo Choc Mini, but I wanted to see if anyone knew of other options. Thanks so much!

Offline Skull_Angel

Re: Tenkeyless without arrow keys?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 19:42:55 »
What may help you is searching for 75% or 84-key boards. Others I know of being readily available aside from the Noppoo are Keycool 84, KBT Race and Deck Ice 82. I've been looking at these types of boards for a bit too, but so far the only lay out that's really gotten my eye is the Keycool 84 because of the standard - 3 1.25x modifiers on the bottom row to the left (gaming preference).

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 20:36:42 »
What may help you is searching for 75% or 84-key boards. Others I know of being readily available aside from the Noppoo are Keycool 84, KBT Race and Deck Ice 82. I've been looking at these types of boards for a bit too, but so far the only lay out that's really gotten my eye is the Keycool 84 because of the standard - 3 1.25x modifiers on the bottom row to the left (gaming preference).

Yup that is most of them. You can also look for the Poker. All of those up there are great boards at a great price.
SmallFry! <3

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Re: Tenkeyless without arrow keys?
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 20:46:02 »

Yup that is most of them. You can also look for the Poker. All of those up there are great boards at a great price.
they specifically said they wanted the f row

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
Re: Re: Tenkeyless without arrow keys?
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 21:04:12 »

they specifically said they wanted the f row

fn Fkeys?
SmallFry! <3

Offline hellomrcat

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 21:54:56 »
I looked at the Poker but the lack of the top function key row is a major turn off for me (I play a lot of SC2).

Thanks so much for all the suggestions! I'm really liking the limited edition KBT Race.