Author Topic: better then filco mx red lol :d  (Read 1583 times)

Offline trentva

better then filco mx red lol :d
« on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 16:32:40 »
heyyy so im new to the forum and cant grammar.. leave me be. I recently got into mechanical keyboarding its awesome, i particularly like the way u can float the mx reds (pauses to drool) anyway i have tried the realforce 87u 45g board i disliked the tactility of the board in comparision to the filco mj2 reds, i also bought a cm storm qfr with reds to compare to the filco and i think its very close but not quite. i was wondering what tkl board i could get next to best the mj2????? its a mystery i've looked at so many different boards lately on the web and it semms that none can compare to the filco am i right if not what board should i get next??

Offline bounce

Re: better then filco mx red lol :d
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 17:18:46 »
If you are so happy with your filco, why get a different one?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
better then filco mx red lol :d
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 17:50:16 »
It will be hard for you to find a better keyboard than the Filco, especially with MX switches. I have a KMAC and a Phantom (unassembled as of yet), and I really still prefer my Filcos. I have 5 of them. 3 with reds, an ergo clears, and a browns. I can use them all equally well and I like all those switch types.

If you really want a KMAC or Phantom (or Cheat, etc.), you can get one if you are patient, persistent, and have money to spend.

Good luck with your search!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline bounce

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 17:54:42 »
that makes me wanna have a filco now -.-

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 04:31:02 »
I took a gamble and had my brand new 1 week old Filco with Reds modded to Ergo Clears without knowing how they felt and I have no regrets.  I liked the reds over the blacks, blues and browns I've tried.  I still plan on getting a board with reds in the future but now I am contemplating getting another board with clears and custom korean springs and stickers.  I'd also like to have a board with all greens.  How long it takes to get all these new boards will depend on how much the new keycap addiction gets though.
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 22 October 2012, 00:21:31 »
If you dont want to do it yourself i could always do it for you. If your interested send me a pm.

Offline stingrae

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 22 October 2012, 01:51:14 »
One thing you may consider is a set of pom or pbt keycaps which could 'subjectively' improve the feel of the board. Else well be happy you have a great board.
Filco Ninja Tenkeyless  -Noppoo Choc MiniCm Storm Quickfire Rapid