Author Topic: Make a Retro HD monitor like this ... I'll buy it.  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
Make a Retro HD monitor like this ... I'll buy it.
« on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 11:06:51 »
I'm collecting more and more Model M keyboards and I love the retro vibe I get from them. But my desktop needs the following monitor:

The company is Predicta, http://www.predicta.com/index.shtml

... and they bought the patent for the original Predicta television (much like Unicomp -- which bought the right to manufacture Model M equivalents). I contacted the company a few months back, and they're not in production any longer, but I'd still love to get my mitts on one of these things. I'd put the testing image from Fallout 3 on it, and it would be awesome.

Anyone ever find any retro-ish monitor setups?

« Last Edit: Tue, 13 November 2012, 10:01:26 by Krogenar »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline ra7c7er

Re: Make a Retro HD monitor like this ... I'll buy it.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 09:26:49 »
Those are awesome looking. To bad they aren't around anymore. I would have bought one.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 10:18:56 »
Yeah, they're pretty awesome. I think some people have taken the original televisions and modified them for modern use, but I don't have the technical chops to do that myself. The company making the reproductions also made a bunch of other 'models' of the new Predicta. This one looked cool:

But alas, no longer producing the remakes. Make this same sort of thing as high-def, with curved corners and the rotators on the sides, and it would sell. I imagine they would be fairly high priced seeing as there would not be a huge market for retro enthusiasts.

I found this LG television (CRT sadly) and it's (naturally) only sold in Korea!
http://www.lge.co.kr/cokr/product/catalog/FrontProductDetailCmd.laf?prdid=eprd104151&mnid=prod000200010005&catid=ecat1540&curcatid=ecat1540&detailType=B

LG Serie 1
7760-1

Not as retro-looking as the Predicta but it has a sputnikky kind of charm. Nice aerials!
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 03:46:38 »
It looks like the aparells you saw on the jetsons. Pretty neat stuff.
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Due chihuahua and demoncat orders
- Boobiecaps
- Optic fiber embedded keycaps
- Others