Author Topic: Hello  (Read 24651 times)

Offline burnin

Hello
« on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 00:08:51 »
Hi everybody. I was reading this board for a while now, and i have a DT account, but it is rather quiet there.
Got my first mechanical keyboard recently KBT Pure MX-Blue. Looking to buy something of same size, similar priced but FN key somewhere else(i know it can be moved to the left side, but why would i do that?).
Also looking into trackballs.

P.S.
Had trouble with security question "A popular serial bus for keyboard connectivity". PS/2, DIN and COM are serial and since i usually work with USB via some abstraction layer i don't think about it's serial nature often :)

Also, i see a bunch of russians here: Привет!

Offline Chau

• .5 Korean, .25 Vietnamese, .25 Chinese, Oz accent
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 01:51:44 »
Privet mate :p r u in russia? Where? I meet quite a few russians playing UT3 :p

Offline burnin

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 02:13:23 »
Yes, i am in Russia.
Yekaterinburg

Offline Chau

• .5 Korean, .25 Vietnamese, .25 Chinese, Oz accent
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 02:30:43 »
Why is your kb sitting next to the river  :p
nice place.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 03:39:35 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

That's a big keyboard you have there ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Annas

• Have a good day
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 07:07:33 »
Privet, thanks for helping with answer while registering. It was quite tough.

Offline Jocky

• Find RC cars in UK.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 05:17:35 »
Yeah, it was a bit tricky. Somehow I was able to figure it out after several tries.  :cool:
Let's get it on. Visit my best RC cars site.

Offline spuriousgeorge

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 17:00:39 »
Welcome, burnin!

I'm new here too and preparing to buy my first mechanical keyboard. The Pure looks pretty great, except I worry about that tiny right shift key, which I imagine would throw me off.

Has it been any trouble for you? Or is it no big deal?