Author Topic: Budget mecha keyboard around 100$  (Read 2144 times)

Offline DrakeZ

Budget mecha keyboard around 100$
« on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 07:15:47 »
hello guys, this is the first time i post in this forum so nice to meet you all  :D

i have a mecha keyboard, noppo choc pro which has broken because repeat key problem
so i want to buy a new mecha keyboard, but my budget is so tight, it's around 100$

here's the list mecha keyboard which is available at my country and meet my budget:

1. Razer Blackwidow 2013
2. CM storm pro Red switch
3. Leopold FC500R Red switch

i prefer blue or brown switch but red is okay

or do you have any other advice?

FYI the brand that available at my country is filco, ducky, topre, CM storm, Steelseries, razer, corsair, thermaltake

thanks before

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 07:25:12 »
If you prefer blue or brown and have a limited budget, then I think it is a no brainer.  You want this:

http://mcaf.ee/ck43w

A truly great 'board for under $60.

Offline DrakeZ

Re: Budget mecha keyboard around 100$
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 09:00:24 »
If you prefer blue or brown and have a limited budget, then I think it is a no brainer.  You want this:

sadly at my country that thing only available with black switch :(

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 10:02:40 »
CM or leopold
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline ShortStock

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 13:11:51 »
i've had bad experience with the quickfire pro,  it doesnt seem to get along with amd's am3 + motherboards.   

i suspect it is a driver issue, but the keyboard did not come packaged with any sort of drivers and i could not find any online.  a rep from CM told me that the keyboard is plug and play.  i ended up getting rid of it in favor of another keyboard.

an odd run around that i found was to have another usb keyboard plugged in while using my quickfire pro.  i really dont know how i figured it out, or why it works.  it just did until i got a new one.

hope this helps

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 15:38:00 »
What sort of issues were you running into? There are no drivers for the QFR, it is simply plug and play.
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 19:14:46 »
The way QuickFire Pro works is that it has a 6KRO mode and NKRO mode.  6KRO mode is like any regular USB keyboard, NKRO mode works by faking multiple keyboards to achieve the NRKO.  So you'll see lots of keyboard plug in when it's only one.  I suspect the NKRO mode was causing issue, you could've switch back to 6KRO then it should work fine (Fn Lock On, then N+6).

As for the OP, I say go with Leopold.

Since QuickFire Pro is iOne, otherwise QuickFire Rapid would've been perfect.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 19:22:52 »

One of the great, early advantages of GH was helping other members around the world obtain keyboards they, normally could not purchase on their own.

I would be more then happy to help facilitate this purchase for you.  Just drop me a PM.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 19:56:53 »
Wow iMav is the man! :)
I love Elzy

Offline DrakeZ

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 08:43:17 »

One of the great, early advantages of GH was helping other members around the world obtain keyboards they, normally could not purchase on their own.

I would be more then happy to help facilitate this purchase for you.  Just drop me a PM.

thank you for the offer man
but although you can help me with the purchase, i still have a problem later at custom

===================================================================

i just contacted local store at my country today and they said that leopold is out of stock :(

also i'm considering to get a CM strom trigger, is that a solid keyboard?

Offline TheDoc

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 09:22:12 »
I feel this guys pain

Here in Ireland I cant go into any store to pickup a mechanical keyboard, local or online