Author Topic: IBM KB-8923  (Read 3682 times)

Offline LollyWater

IBM KB-8923
« on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 05:31:57 »
Thoughts on the board? My Father brought it from work one day thinking I'd be interested. Though it's rubber dome It's a nice board. Feels very solid and weighty. I'm getting my Quickfire soon so yesterday was first and last time I'll probably be typing on and from what I could tell it seemed quite nice to type on.

« Last Edit: Wed, 28 November 2012, 05:49:35 by LollyWater »

Offline dimm0k

Re: IBM KB-8923
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 06:28:35 »
I loved this board!  I have two of these, one I just retired because I moved onto my first mechanical keyboard, the other because I accidentally spilled too much water on it =(  Anyway, it took me a while to actually leave this keyboard because it felt pretty good.  It wasn't until this water spill that took the life of the first one that I temporarily switched to an older IBM mechanical keyboard for a bit before moving onto my second IBM KB-8923 that I realized how mushy rubber domes were.  Takes a bit before I adjusted and yeah, this board will always be in my mind as my first love...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: IBM KB-8923
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 09:14:12 »
These are good boards. I have a couple of them, mix & match, black and beige, keys and case, they are OK.

Along with the original Dell Quiet Keys (not the Chinese ones) they are about as good as rubber domes get.

They also came with trackpoints, I have had a couple that I bought used, but, in each case, the trackpoint was dead!
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09